The great Balza as spoken. (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Balza: “Time to roll up our sleeves”

“I’m obviously sorry about the situation we are in but it’s time to roll up the sleeves and get on with things as best we can”. If there’s anyone at Juventus who knows Serie B it’s Federico Balzaretti. Having spent four years in playing in Italy’s second division, the young fullback is well aware of the potential challenges a year in B might present: “It all depends on the penalty but it’s certainly not an easy championship. We’ll have to wait for the final sentence to see what we’re up against; even if the fans expect us to return to Serie A immediately, we need to keep our feet on the ground and aquit ourselves in the right way to make sure that happens”.

After taking time to consider his future, Balzaretti is happy with his decision: “Those who have left made their decisions as professionals and I wish them well. Personally, I’m very happy with the path I’ve chosen. With respect to last year nothing’s changed much, there’s a great group spirit here and a strong desire to succeed”. Balza is comfortable on both the right and left: “I’m happy to play on either side. It comes a little easier to me on the left but I’ve played on the right a lot and I’m happy there. It’s a matter of getting used to things. The club have given me a greater level of responsibility and for me, that’s a great stimulus to succeed”.

And the main difference between A and B? “In Serie B it’s rare to see more than four or five passes in a row, the marking is tighter, more aggressive. The pitches aren’t the same either and it’s important to have the right mentality; for someone who’s played in Serie A for ten years it might take some getting used to but once their mind’s in the right place, their technical superiority will provide the cutting edge”.

This guy is already a leader. :pint:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
it's good to have someone experienced in serie b.it's gonna help us more or less.
and he's great!! he will become a great juventino!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Balzaretti does have some good serie B experience. i wonder what he means by different kind of playing field/pitch.

I doubt its the kind of condition u find here, u know like the ball suddenly taking a bounce or suddenly stopping in mud in the middle of a dry pitch :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
AlexTheGreat said:
ye, great Balza, his word remind me Cantona:" time to stick up our collars":p
...and jam some cleats in an opposing fan's head. :p

No, Forza Balza! Seeing that he came to Juventus because he felt Torino couldn't offer what he wanted at the time, it's interesting now because Torino is in A and we're in B. But Balza has a bright future, IMO. I could see this guy shining the way Zambro did in a few years. :tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Balzaretti was sick in Serie B, and he obviously knows what needs to be done for straight promotion.

With this sort of spirit it's a pleasure to have this player on our team. :tup:

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
i really think he can be as good as zambrotta.....still remember a few years back when zambrotta couldnt score and every time he tried he slips in his umbro shoes...maybe that's why lippi moved him to the back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)