The Good Times chat thread (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Tis a bit of an obsession of his. :) It's a good idea all the same. I haven't posted in that thread because it's supposed to be about Juve memories, and I'm not exactly chock full of them. I've had some good times supporting UCD & Ireland, and a few TV memories of the WCs and Euro Championships, not to mention the CLs (though TV coverage of the CL is totally English-orientated here), but i get to watch Juve play about as often as I get to vote.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
actually John, it can be non-Juve if u like. I just talked about my first true football experience.

btw, the more i read your sig, the more i like it

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Thanks Gray. I read it, unattributed, in a book and it struck me as being a really good insight into the world today. So I was all the more surprised to find that it's a couplet from a poem from the 16th century or so.

In that case, I may reveal a few of my own experiences watching football.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i liked sally's story....very happy for her ;) and envious too :p

i dont av good memories of juve either...cant remember really how i started supporting juve, maybe it was zidane....or trez....not sure :p but all that i know is that i've learned to love 'em all (altho i dont like some of 'em :p) after that

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by McFarlando ] ++
I guess there is more to life than football :)
Might be curious, but what happened that changed your view on football?

Personally, I don't think I would be able to give-up football.

I play at least 3-4 times a week, watch at least 8-10 matches a week (depending if it was a CL week or not), and spend alot of time visiting sites related to football and even talk alot about it with friends.

You can say my whole life revolves around Juve and football !! And I don't think it would change anytime soon. :)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #8
    Sunshine, your friend knew about Becks before WC94?? He was 19 at the time.. :eek:

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    This is from dpforever

I play at least 3-4 times a week, watch at least 8-10 matches a week (depending if it was a CL week or not), and spend alot of time visiting sites related to football and even talk alot about it with friends.

OMG! wher do you find the time to watch 8-10 matches a week?! :eek: i have this number of match avalible to watch...... but i can never find the time to watch so many!

You can say my whole life revolves around Juve and football !! And I don't think it would change anytime soon.
    :touched: you really are 'forever' arn't you.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Sunshine, your friend knew about Becks before WC94?? He was 19 at the time.. :eek:

Yes she did. She was ther at the very beginning of this. I think it was aruond 1991-2 that we started to follow ManU.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    i think he was with Man U since 1991 actaully.... but his preimere league debut was in 94/95

before this debut he played in other stuff like FA youth club etc...

It was in 1 of these matches that she saw him and it was love at 1st sight? :confused:

That's why i say she's 1 of the 1st people i know of who started likeing him soooo early.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
    OMG! wher do you find the time to watch 8-10 matches a week?! :eek: i have this number of match avalible to watch...... but i can never find the time to watch so many!

:touched: you really are 'forever' arn't you.
    Well, where I come from Sats and Suns are working days and not holidays. So I free myself during those days in order to be able to watch the matches.

I return from work at 3 in the afternoon, and catch all matches starting from the EPL early kick-offs through to the La Liga very late matches at night.

On Tues and Weds I also watch Coppa matches or CL matches depending on the schedule.

During our weekends (Thurs and Fris) there are usually no matches, so I hang out with friends. I love watching movies, we usually go to a movie theater and have dinner at a nice restaurant.

Having said that, you would expect the emptiness during the summer if there is no Euro or World Cup matches, even those are only 1 month long so there is a lot of time with no football matches. The weather is also too hot to be able to play here during the summer. :dontcare:

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Might be curious, but what happened that changed your view on football?

You can say my whole life revolves around Juve and football !! And I don't think it would change anytime soon. :)
    Just like i said :)

And i didnt give up football, i dont get to watch juve now as i dont have the channel since i moved to uni. I do watch some EPL games but we all know how boring they are, and actually i usually watch them just for an excuse to go to the bar. Also i cant watch juve in CL either which is to bad. And of course everyone talks about football with there friends and i do check the sites. But not as much as previous.

And i dont really play football now as also i dont have the choice really. I used to play competitive football, so messing around with friends dosnet quite do it for me. Also no were really to play in the middle of a city :)

And now i prefer to spend my spare time enjoying myself and chasing after nice girls :drool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by McFarlando ] ++

I do watch some EPL games but we all know how boring they are
    The EPL is NOT boring! It's much more skillful and exciting than Serie A or La Liga. Not only that, it's got much deeper roots and tradition. The supporters are more loyal and more passionate about the game, and the standard of the game is so much higher than in Italy. The EPL has players like Henry and van Nistelrooy, while Serie A can only produce over-rated one-hit wonders like Nedved and Totti.

Just kidding! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)