The games are afoot: general Euro 2004 discussion thread (64 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

They have Zidane, that's enough for me.

Hey it was one of those weird arguments against sth: I hate England cause they have Becks :howler:

no. i hate england becoz they have an overrated mofo that everybody thinks he is so good.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #110
    Full Time: Croatia 0 - 0 Switzerland

Dissapointing play from the Croatians, as this was probably their biggest match. They could beat England, but I dont see them taking points from France. IMO they're out.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Full Time: Croatia 0 - 0 Switzerland

Dissapointing play from the Croatians, as this was probably their biggest match. They could beat England, but I dont see them taking points from France. IMO they're out.

see the prediction thread :cool::cool::cool:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Bahahahaha France 2 England 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zinedine Zidane is the MAN. Another disgrace performance by England. What a freekick by Zidane; just shows why he is the best player in the world.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #120
    Last minute win for France, but IMO England deserved to take at least a point. IMO, Santini set up the play wrong, there was no way that France would be able to get through the middle with Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard all playing. Imo France should have used the wings more, Pires was very ineffective and Lizarazu did nothing.

IMO, they should have played like this:

--------Henry Trezeguet---------

---------------Zidane------------

-Rothen Makelele Vieira Pires-

--Buomsong Desailly Thuram--

-----------Barthez--------------

Barthez saved a Beckham penalty in the 74th minute, after Silvestre brought down Rooney.

IMO Thuram was very solid in the centre back position, was a stone in defense and only made one misstake. Great game.

P.S. If anyone's wondering, Henry wasnt ruled offside because an English player passed him the ball.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)