The Future of Roma (1 Viewer)

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
xziz, you know sometimes it isnt always a good thing to get 'de-tacted' form reality!
Sure Nicole, :devil::angel:
I got this article from: www.eurosports.com

29-11-04

Del Neri confirms Roma resignation

Former Chievo coach Del Neri has quit Roma less than two months after taking charge of the Serie A club. Del Neri told Italian media on Sunday his resignation, offered after Sunday 1 - 0 defeat by nine-man Siena, had been accepted by club president Franco Sensi.

"I want to thank the president and the Sensi family who have accepted my decision to resign," said Del Neri.

Del Neri, who had previously been exonerated as Porto coach after 30 days, said he felt unable to get the best out of the team.

"I am used to handling a team in a certain manner. I tried to do it my way but, after yesterday (Sunday), I understood that it was not the right one," he said.

In a statement, the club announced that Del Neri’s assistant, Ezio Sella, would take immediate charge of the team. It also banned players and officials from speaking to the media.

Del Neri took over at Roma on September 29 after Rudi Voeller stood down for the same reasons.

Roma had turned to former Germany coach Rudi Voeller after Prandelli walked out for family reasons.

Roma had turned to former Parma coach Prandelli after Fabio Capello walked out to take over at bitter rivals Juventus.

Del Neri had been in charge for just eight Serie A games.

After an opening loss at home with Inter Milan for 1 to 4, Roma lost away 2 to 1 to Livorno on October 17, lost to Bayer Leverkusen away, 6 to 2, lost to Palermo home on October 24 for 0 to 1, lost to Juventus away for 5 to none, finally got a draw with Cagliari home for 0 to 0 on October 31. Roma’s fall in the drain continued with the goodbye ticket to Champions with a home loss 0 to 3 to Bayer Leverkusen. On November 7 Milan defeated a shaky Roma side for 7 to 1, Roma draw to Udinese for 0 to 0 came on November 10. On November 14 came a loss away to Reggina for 2 to 1. On November 23 Dynamo defeated Roma 3 to none, referee Frisk, once again hit by Romanists who had travelled to Russia with the unique purpose to take revenge on the referee. Given the criminal history of Romanists UEFA is currently considering the ban of ASRoma from European competitions during the life time of the current Romanists fans. Del Neri was appalled and speechless coming out from the Artemio Franchi Arena in Siena on November 28. He had witnessed the embarrassing defeat of his side for 1 to none by means of Siena.

Siena outclassed Roma to take a 1-0 lead but were forced to play the final 80 minutes of the game with just nine men after the dismissal of the defender Mandrake and the midfielder Batman.

A Francesco Totti goal was badly needed and sorely invoked by the Romanist side but did not come to save the team.

Del Neri’s departure capped a miserable fall term for the Italian club, which saw Romanists fall to the lowest of human misbehaviour. UEFA ordered to play two of their Champions League home fixtures behind closed doors after Swedish referee Anders Frisk was injured by an object thrown from the stands of the Olympic Stadium during their game against Dynamo Kiev.

REUTER - 29/11/2004

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by xziz ] ++

29-11-04

Former Chievo coach Del Neri has quit Roma less than two months after taking charge of the Serie A club. Del Neri told Italian media on Sunday his resignation, offered after Sunday 1 - 0 defeat by nine-man Siena, had been accepted by club president Franco Sensi.

"I want to thank the president and the Sensi family who have accepted my decision to resign," said Del Neri.

Del Neri, who had previously been exonerated as Porto coach after 30 days, said he felt unable to get the best out of the team.

"I am used to handling a team in a certain manner. I tried to do it my way but, after yesterday (Sunday), I understood that it was not the right one," he said.

In a statement, the club announced that Del Neri’s assistant, Ezio Sella, would take immediate charge of the team. It also banned players and officials from speaking to the media.

Del Neri took over at Roma on September 29 after Rudi Voeller stood down for the same reasons.

Roma had turned to former Germany coach Rudi Voeller after Prandelli walked out for family reasons.

Roma had turned to former Parma coach Prandelli after Fabio Capello walked out to take over at bitter rivals Juventus.

After an opening loss at home with Inter Milan for 1 to 4, Roma lost away 2 to 1 to Livorno on October 17, lost to Bayer Leverkusen away, 6 to 2, lost to Palermo home on October 24 for 0 to 1, lost to Juventus away for 5 to none, finally got a draw with Cagliari home for 0 to 0 on October 31. Roma’s fall in the drain continued with the goodbye ticket to Champions with a home loss 0 to 3 to Bayer Leverkusen. On November 7 Milan defeated a shaky Roma side for 7 to 1, Roma draw to Udinese for 0 to 0 came on November 10. On November 14 came a loss away to Reggina for 2 to 1. On November 23 Dynamo defeated Roma 3 to none, referee Frisk, once again hit by Romanists who had travelled to Russia with the unique purpose to take revenge on the referee. Given the criminal history of Romanists UEFA is currently considering the ban of ASRoma from European competitions during the life time of the current Romanists fans. Del Neri was appalled and speechless coming out from the Artemio Franchi Arena in Siena on November 28. He had witnessed the embarrassing defeat of his side for 1 to none by means of Siena.

Siena outclassed Roma to take a 1-0 lead but were forced to play the final 80 minutes of the game with just nine men after the dismissal of the defender Mandrake and the midfielder Batman.

A Francesco Totti goal was badly needed and sorely invoked by the Romanist side but did not come to save the team.

Del Neri’s departure capped a miserable fall term for the Italian club, which saw Romanists fall to the lowest of human misbehaviour. UEFA ordered to play two of their Champions League home fixtures behind closed doors after Swedish referee Anders Frisk was injured by an object thrown from the stands of the Olympic Stadium during their game against Dynamo Kiev.

REUTER - 29/11/2004
Brilliant :D

But i dont dislike roma enough to actually write that... too much time.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by xziz ] ++

29-11-04

REUTER - 29/11/2004
    You have a very overactive imagination!

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    can you imagine the person who actually sat down and wrote that :D
    this is nothing compared to the person who wrote "the emerson curse" .. that guy is a no-lifer :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)