The future of Juventus is hanging on Moggi (7 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And if Baldini fails, you would suggest Sabatini?

Marotta last season was hailed as the next best thing, now that he failed he got labelled provincial and mid-table material.

Why Baldini now? What has he done?

Wasn't Corvino also hailed as god-like?
I'm with you on the sentiment of Moggi, but wtf, who hailed Marrotta? Lol, very much doubt anyone hailed him, except when it was about to be done deal, few got over optimistic, but Marrotta's transfer dealings didnt really impress much at all. He efficiently rebuild Samp with cheap/free signings of average small level italian players. With a bargain in Pazzini, and a gamble on Cassano. Most of his other work were fuck out of the norm, just wheeling and dealing. No highlight Marino deals like in Napoli, scouting real talent, or Sabatini for Lazio/Palermo, or Leonardi in Udinese's famous network, or even Corvino with just Jovetic alone (or Vuci as dusan said), heh. But mainly all of these guys in lower Serie A teams excelled at scouting good talent and signing them (handling a big team is way different, but eye for talent is a good thing).

Baldini is another case, we tried to get him for ages, his big club credentials are obvious.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ironz

Jan 31, 2010
According to many experts on this forum, this is the case. It seems that the only person that can save Juventus from this negative period is Luciano Moggi.

I want to ask you all a question, what do you think is Juventus future if Moggi dies?

To put it in a more simple way, how do you see the future of Juventus if Moggi dies tonight?
Wells thats simple..............it'll be as it is right now.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Just hire a manager type coach (as in England), and get rid of the "Sports director" shitty position.
:tup:

But Moggi could be also one of the few options (if not the only - in Italy at least) if we'll get another mid-table italian coach (or stay with Del Neri). And that's very likely to happen.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
This is a dumb ass thread. What would happen if our dearly beloved was to pass away? Lets live for the moment and sign him its not as if he can't advice the next GM.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #66
    Why wouldn't they be interested? It's for the sake of their own club. Or we're coming back to the line that our owners work for Inter?
    Well, isn't that the common belief here?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    This is what I want to know. Does the future of Juventus hang on whether Moggi returns or not? If he doesn't return, is Juventus' fate as a has-been sealed?

I don't dislike Moggi and if he does return, I will be relieved. But I think he won't, and I don't think that Juventus = Moggi and we should move on with the club and out of the shadow of Moggi thats's hanging over the club.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Jack, Moggi is not the solution to the problem because the position of Director General is not the only problem with this team.

The problems with the team are up and down the entire orginization, from ownership, presidency, coaching, players, scouting, development, and loss of stability and confidence of what it means to be Juventus.

It starts with ownership.

Look, everyone loves to make fun of Moratti, and the majority of it is justified. However, he does one thing that this current ownership does not.

He cares about his team. He cares about them greatly, and will do whatever he can to build a winning squad. Not just a squad of proven veterans, but the guts to spend money on young, and unproven talent, fully trusting what his scouting departments tell him in regards to what young players they should and should not sign.

Elkann, and whomever else may be in control, simply do not care about the club. Now, that is if what marotta says is to be believed when reports claimed that he asked for more money in january and was told no.

Agnelli, is, and will forever be, a figurehead. This was done, and this was claimed a Loooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggg time ago that was done to simply satiate the juve faithful, to have someone with the "Agnelli" name attached to the team again. He's not a Moratti, Berlusconi, or even a Delaurentis or Dell Valle for that matter. From what we know, he doesn't have any monetary involvement with this team. He's merely a voice of the orginization. He is Juve's very own Queen Elizabeth. An emotioanl attachment to those who pine for what use to be, but with no authorative power whatsoever.

Marotta. Yes, I'm going to get blasted for this, but he is the only one that I've mentioned so far that I still have some hope and faith in. He's made some bad moves, made some good moves. All director generals do that. No one is perfect. This team was in the top 4 for several months, and a large part of that were due to some of the players he brought aboard. Champions? No. Maybe Krasic, although he has looked decidedly average the past few months, due to no help at all. neglecting the LB and RB positions (Let's face it, we got lucky with Sorensen) will be his major cardinal sin. I'm talking MAJOR. I still don't know why those positions were so grossly neglected. he should be bitch slapped for Marco Motta. And people please don't bring up Diego again. He's scored 3 goals in the last 4 1/2 months.

Del Neri.............................................................................:lol: :lol: :lol: I just.........................................I would really love to know who exactly is going to fess up for this hiring. Someone still needs to explain to me how a coach who has been in this game as long as he is finally gets his first chance at a major club at the age 59, was going to be a good idea. Teams have performed well in spite of this guy, not because of him. Players like him? fantastic. A lot of people like me at my job too, but that doesn't mean that they would trust me with their livelihoods.

The players.

Yes, you guys get the blame for this too. Despite what people like Ibra have to say that a coach has to be able to motivate you in times when you don't want to be motiviated, you are all professionals. Being paid a King's Ransom to play a kids game. It would help if the overwhelming majority of you guys actaully started playing like it once in a while.

Scouting.......................................................................................................... I can't really criticze, because to me, it seems non-existent. Its not as if the young players that are being loaned out are exactly setting the football world on fire. Go ahead, check their numbers. Or better yet, try and find the articles on juve owned youth players performing well. Good luck. If you find any, I'll give you a dollar. Giovinco doesn't count. At 24, I don't consider him a youth player anymore.

This rant was brought to you courtesy of 5 hour maximum Energy Drink.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    According to many experts on this forum, this is the case. It seems that the only person that can save Juventus from this negative period is Luciano Moggi.

I want to ask you all a question, what do you think is Juventus future if Moggi dies?

To put it in a more simple way, how do you see the future of Juventus if Moggi dies tonight?
    Very good question, and actually I asked that yesterday too.. The reason of this question is very simple, for those who don't get it:

Is Juve really this pathetic? That can't win trophies without Moggi? Is Moggi really the only solution? Was Juve nothing before Moggi came here? Is he the reason this club is great? Think about these, there are always solutions, yes Moggi was better than Marotta, no one is arguing about that, but the question is, don't you think there are other guys too who can do great things for this club?

His name is not clean, even before he joined Juve, and as long as his name is dirty and keeps mentioned as "disgraced" by the media, we can't dirt our club with his name, when it's proved otherwise, and cleaned and an official apology arrives by the federation about him, that's when we can accept him back.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #71
    I am totally with you, Sergio and I have been wondering all the time why the majority look for a scapegoat rather than look at the entire picture. I even add to the external influence in form of media especially. But no, people here want to blame Marotta and Del Neri solely and the solution to that is to bring Moggi and Lippi and then we're done. Well that is just absurd.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    The entire orginization is flawed. From top to bottom, it is severly flawed.

The blame lies with everyone who puts the jersey on (well, most of the players, anyway. Del Piero and Buffon certainly deserve a lot better than this), pays the bills, signs the players, scouts for talent. It is a house of cards, and to be quite honest, it has been for a while now.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I'm just not sure that one man, regardless of who it is, could fix an entire orginization that needs help up and down the entire chain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)