The future of football- we need a big investor !! (4 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Actually, with the exception of AS Monaco, I'd say those teams are characterized less by creative or flair players and more by the much less glamorous (and horribly underrated) notions of solid teamwork and defenses.
Porto had Deco, Depor had Valeron, Monaco had Giuly, it only takes one quality flair player, strikers that can finish and a hard working team and you're in business.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Porto had Deco, Depor had Valeron, Monaco had Giuly, it only takes one quality flair player, strikers that can finish and a hard working team and you're in business.

juve was no different when they had zidane.

when they had zidane, didier, davids, di livio, montero , ferrara, del piero it was a different juve

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
when they had zidane, didier, davids, di livio, montero , ferrara, del piero it was a different juve
Whats that got to do with anything?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Without them, none of those teams would have gotten anywhere... and besides thats still nothing to do with the juve of the mid 90's.. we were kinda talking about current teams and why they differ from ourselves

Jan 7, 2004
Without them, none of those teams would have gotten anywhere... and besides thats still nothing to do with the juve of the mid 90's.. we were kinda talking about current teams and why they differ from ourselves

becoz they have an hard-working complete squad with somebody who when asked can pull off some nice moves and win an important game.

much like juve of the mid-90s

:lazy:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
well then lets just go back to the legendary sides of the 60's and 70's if you really want..makes no sense to compare different eras..the game has changed.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think Juve would lose a little bit of its tradition if it were to be taken over by an investor. I dont disagree with the way of working at the club. Weve always been competitive and i doubt that wud change in the near future if we carry on like this. So even if we get a new investor, nothing can possibly change for the club, which is successful enough to start with. The only difference will be a lot more media spotlight on the club a lot more big name signings, but neither of those ensure success.

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #33
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    I think Juve would lose a little bit of its tradition if it were to be taken over by an investor. I dont disagree with the way of working at the club. Weve always been competitive and i doubt that wud change in the near future if we carry on like this. So even if we get a new investor, nothing can possibly change for the club, which is successful enough to start with. The only difference will be a lot more media spotlight on the club a lot more big name signings, but neither of those ensure success.
    We would also start losing our "tradition" if we stop winning trophies.............

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Without them, none of those teams would have gotten anywhere...
    This is exactly the point I wholly disagreed with. If anything, those three teams to me represented the antithesis of the star player, the key individual on whose shoulders the team's success rests. All are great examples of teams where true team play made the difference over any individual contribution.

Porto couldn't have gone as far without key performances from Carvahlo, Alberto Carlos, Maniche, etc. ... not just Deco. And for Depor couldn't have done it without Pandiani, Luque, Andrade, Molina ... And Monaco couldn't have done it without Morientes, Cissé, Rothen, Ibarra, etc.

I drew the exact opposite conclusions from those teams in their CL performances last year.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    Looking at the current state of football, I realize that only the teams that have super big money owners are going to be able to compete in the CL, and even Serie A in the future.

If you look at Chelsea with oil baron Abromivich, Inter with oil baron Moratti, Milan with media mogul/prime minister Burlusconi , you'll see that they have enough money to buy anyone they want.

We were 13 mil in the red last season, to the above owners its like losing 13 dollars..................

Fiat isnt as strong as it used to be, and its no secret that Juve is in need of cash flow......WE NEED A BIG TIME INVESTOR

What are the chances of some big money investor buying our team ????
    Thats not true, after all football is a sport, not a bank. I think Porto's CL victory and Greece's Euro victory proves that money doesnt mean that much. Philosophy, tactics, coaches, training system and mentality means more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)