The Formula 1 thread - Season 2005 (21 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

Why, for choosing BAR over Williams? Its a fairly sound decision imo.

No, for constantly trying to back out of his contract.

Last year he signed a contrac with Williams altho he had a valid one with BAR Honda, and it actually went to court over who would have him. He proclaimed his love for Williams and signed a contract for next season. Now, he wants to break his Williams contract and stay and BAR, proclaiming his love for them and claiming FW is a liar.

MAke up your mind FFS; you're acting like a spoiled brat FFS. He hasnt even won a race yet.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

They won't get him if McLauren keep making better cars!

To be completely fair, Mclaren have made the better car only 3 times in the last 10 years, we all know Ferrari will be competitive again.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
He's not claiming FW is a liar at all, he's trying to find ways to get out of the contract, and has even tried negotiating with Williams AFAIK (or will do in the near future)

He's just looking after his best interests by wanting to be with the better team, or as good a team as possible. OK he isn't going about it brilliantly but he's hardly being an idiot.

In all fairness he hasn't won a race but do you honestly expect him to have done so, given the total domination by McLaren and Renault? He's probably in the top 5 drivers talent wise and deserves to race for at least the third best team, which is currently BAR by my reckoning (or possibly Toyota) - certainly not Williams unless they get their act together

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Thats not the point. Point is, he's acting way bigger than he really is. He signed a contract and he should be made to honour it. Much better drivers than him have raced and won in inferior cars, Schumacher took the championship to the last race for 4 years in a vastly inferior car. He cant even win with the 3rd best cvar on the grid, or even the 2nd one last season. He should have just waited until signing the contract with Williams instead of jumping at it. He's losing all credibility, as he is refusing to take responsibility for his actions. If, by some surprise, next season Williams have the better car, will he again ask to get out of his contract with BAR? Montoya signed for McLaren last season and he didnt try to back out of it when they were looking shite and everyone thought he made a misstake. Schumacher fought for years to make Ferrari competitive, and that's what great drivers do. They win races they're not supposed to. Is Michael trying to get out of his Ferrari contract and drive for McLaren next year?

Jenson is a fool, he doesnt understand the concept of responsibility and respecting your word, or in this case, signature. There are much better drivers than him, and he's acting like h'es the 7 time champion.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
as I said, he's not going about things the right way by signing contracts far befroe he needs to, he could do with better advisors by the looks of it. Having said that he clearly has the talent to win the F1 championship given the right support and car

I don't think its overly relevant what Montoya and Schumi did - at the end of the day they race for Mclaren-Mercedes and Ferrari respectively, those teams with their financial backing and nous are always going to be competitive, given the off season every now and again. I'm also fairly sure they are financially better off in terms of their contracts.. certainly have less reason to want to leave.

jenson is just an incredibly ambitious bloke who wants to be the best. To be the best you have to drive the best, or at least close to the best car.. which is why he has been dilly-dallying between two teams. I think its fair to say he has realised his cockup and learnt from it though.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well, IMO this proves he hasnt.

I can understand he wants the best for himself and that hes ambitious, but thgis shows a lack of character on his part. When you've signed the contract, honour it.

And BTW, he's not in the same league as Kimi and Fonzie, not even close.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
ah, of course. Well then we can safely agree on your last comment then. He's certainly not in their league yet, by a long shot. Give him a renault or a Mclaren though and he wouldn't be all that far behind imo.

Anyhoo we've found a smidgeon of common ground, we might as well quit while the going is good :D

ashwin

Jul 19, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++
as I said, he's not going about things the right way by signing contracts far befroe he needs to, he could do with better advisors by the looks of it. Having said that he clearly has the talent to win the F1 championship given the right support and car

I don't think its overly relevant what Montoya and Schumi did - at the end of the day they race for Mclaren-Mercedes and Ferrari respectively, those teams with their financial backing and nous are always going to be competitive, given the off season every now and again. I'm also fairly sure they are financially better off in terms of their contracts.. certainly have less reason to want to leave.

jenson is just an incredibly ambitious bloke who wants to be the best. To be the best you have to drive the best, or at least close to the best car.. which is why he has been dilly-dallying between two teams. I think its fair to say he has realised his cockup and learnt from it though.
or in ferrari's case 20 off seasons in a row...

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
what is the world champion doing ?

couldn't control his car , what a stupid spin !

Kimi for the pole and for the victory i guess in turkey GP 2morow unless if the engine problem will show up again .

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Kimi should be leading the world championship at the mo instead of alonso, if it wasnt for the amount of unluck the boy has.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Moggi D'Messiah ] ++
Kimi should be leading the world championship at the mo instead of alonso, if it wasnt for the amount of unluck the boy has.

Ferrari win both titles next year. They are allready testing the V8:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)