The Financial Situation (34 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The Arthur and Pjanic values were only inflated probably around 2 times each or perhaps 2.5 times. Imagine an absurd scenario, if we sold a washing machine to Barca for 100m and right after that they sold us a blender for 100m, both payable over 4 years, would you still be pissed at how expensive the blender was for the books and talk about how much we've invested in the kitchen? Or youd understand that washing machine and blender deal was only the vehicle used for balancing the books? Thats the way I feel about Arthur and Pjanic.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I’m an auditor.

The shenanigans that we seem to be have been doing (along with other clubs) is not sustainable. I’m more shocked about the lack of foresight by our board than anything else.

First, it should be mentioned that by exchanging players at absurd prices takes two parties. If we are guilty then so are all the clubs we did business with.

Second, by doing this you are only delaying the negative economic effects of these transfers with higher depreciation costs over the next few years or selling the players at a huge losses down the line (or both).

This model isn’t sustainable, you’ll end up with a bunch of mediocre players that tank the income statement and you need to cover that by more outrageous transfer prices every year. What was the end game here seriously? Exchanging Berna to some other desperate club for €500 million? What were they thinking?! I don’t see how this gave us a leg up sporting wise.

If I understand the news correctly they are only looking at the last two years. So maybe this is a road we had to go down to cover our huge losses during COVID (desperate times call for desperate measures). And then maybe we were banking on the Super League to get us out of this spiral.

Last edited:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This model isn’t sustainable, you’ll end up with a bunch of mediocre players that tank the income statement and you need to cover that by more outrageous transfer prices every year. What was the end game here seriously? Exchanging Berna to some other desperate club for €500 million? What were they thinking?! I don’t see how this gave us a leg up sporting wise.
:think:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I’m an auditor.

The shenanigans that we seem to be have been doing (along with other clubs) is not sustainable. I’m more shocked about the lack of foresight by our board than anything else.

First, it should be mentioned that by exchanging players at absurd prices takes two parties. If we are guilty then so are all the clubs we did business with.

Second, by doing this you are only delaying the negative economic effects of these transfers with higher depreciation costs over the next few years or selling the players at a huge losses down the line (or both).

If I understand the news correctly they are only looking at the last two years. So maybe this is a road we had to go down to cover our huge losses during COVID (desperate times call for desperate measures). And then maybe we were banking on the Super League to get us out of this spiral.
about those two parties: remember when moggi's civil trial ended, and they found him guilty on one single charge? he was the only one convicted. he apparently operated a criminal organization on his own. italy :touched:

on the unsustainability of ticiconomics: when we did the sturaro-romero swap with genoa and pellegrini-spina in one window, i said that if it's the new norm then we'll have troubles covering our costs with other swap deals. now here we are with the biggest amortization ever (~230m iirc) in our books, with a loss of ~200m. you can't operate a football club without amortization, that would be absurd, but even a couple of years ago, we were able to keep that under control at around 100m. this always was a terrible direction to go down that way.

the use of this technique isn't related to covid at all. the pjanic-arthur swap happened to cover some of the covid related losses, still, we used swap deals way before covid - see those two big money swaps, + even the caldara-bonucci deal with milan as pre-covid examples. covid effects made some other clubs using similar deals as the whole industry (besides epl) is out of cash though.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
about those two parties: remember when moggi's civil trial ended, and they found him guilty on one single charge? he was the only one convicted. he apparently operated a criminal organization on his own. italy :touched:

on the unsustainability of ticiconomics: when we did the sturaro-romero swap with genoa and pellegrini-spina in one window, i said that if it's the new norm then we'll have troubles covering our costs with other swap deals. now here we are with the biggest amortization ever (~230m iirc) in our books, with a loss of ~200m. you can't operate a football club without amortization, that would be absurd, but even a couple of years ago, we were able to keep that under control at around 100m. this always was a terrible direction to go down that way.

the use of this technique isn't related to covid at all. the pjanic-arthur swap happened to cover some of the covid related losses, still, we used swap deals way before covid - see those two big money swaps, + even the caldara-bonucci deal with milan as pre-covid examples. covid effects made some other clubs using similar deals as the whole industry (besides epl) is out of cash though.
truth is to balance Ronaldo's weight in our books we had to start heavy "creative fianance" as we say in Italy.
Not ethical , not good for our books, never liked it but from that to what everyone is screaming about...
Fans crying for relegations truth is that in the worst case scenario we'll get 1-2-3 points deductions and fines for Agnelli and management.
We should chill.
This is the chance to stop with those fake plusvalenze.
What's the point of having 400-500-600m revenue but yearly costs too high that totally cripple us and force us to do shady operations.
Like getting Kean for 38m. At that point you'd try Kaio Jorge rather than wasting that much money on a useless player that you know he was useless even before buying him back.
Our financial focus right now should be reset the operating costs.
Firing useless and super expensive players (Rabiot,Ramsey and Alex Sandro to start) and stop making crazy renewals even if it means losing Dybala

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
there are many ways to read it. i'm trying to think that they are part of the standard duties of a public company, risk assessment and all that jazz.

:boh:
Yep that’s what I’m hoping

the worst it can happen is:
fines for Agnelli and co
worst of the worst 3points deduction same as what happened to Chievo Verona.
The fear though is that we are treated differently to the other teams that have done the same thing. Agnelli seems to have really lost control of this club over the last 3-4 years

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Chievo originally faced the prospect of being relegated to Serie B had a punishment been applied to last season. However, an initial process into their transfer activity was declared null and void by the FIGC sports courts after Campedelli was not given the opportunity to present his version of events.

With the Serie A and Serie B seasons now underway, retrospective punishment could no longer be applied and, after Campedelli was this time heard during the process, the presiding judge determined a three-point punishment for the current season would be adequate.

Previously, the state prosecutor had suggested the Verona-based club should be docked 15 points and Campedelli banned for three years.

He and his club have now been found guilty of inflating the value of largely youth players sold between themselves and Cesena between 2015 and 2018 in order to enhance their respective club values and ensure they would obtain licences for the past three seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)