The Financial Situation (64 Viewers)

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
As far as I understand FFP was scrapped for 12 months last summer. So all this plusvalenza nonsense is out the window.

So this all comes down to Exor not having funds to pump into the club?

It´s crazy that a club of Juve´s size are relying on scraps from Atalanta to survive this transfer market.

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
I was surprised knowing that neither dybala nor ronaldo leave this summer. Before that i tought impossible to keep them both in order to buy other players to strengthen the team. So i tought maybe there was a hope.
Then the reality comes. We were strugling to buy 40M locatelli even after selling demiral.
We cant sell ronaldo because no one interested. We cant sell Dybala because Allegri want him stay. So we are stuck with both. In the other hand we are stuck with some average big earners. A financial disaster.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Mar 3, 2014
https://football-italia.net/juventus-announce-e400m-capital-increase/

Not sure what that means, but we are still penny-pinching as always and delay buying someone by a month because we can't spend 2m more lol
Juventus will be using those banks to underwrite a rights offering of new juventus shares publicly. This will be done in the fall and Exor will subscribe to a prorata share of ownership ~64%. So essentially, juventus will be raising money via the public markets but most of the money will be provided by Exor which roughly equates to -€250M my Exor and the remainder from the public. This money will arrive by year end and should allow the company a lot more freedom in next summer’s transfer market.
Some quick facts about the deal and about Juve financially:
- juventus has about €360M in net debt right now, including €40M in cash. They have usually averaged between €200-300M in debt in recent years and have gotten as high as €450M. They also owe about €90M in transfer fees to other teams net of those owed to Juventus.
-wages as a percentage of revenue last year was about 80% with wages coming in around €310M (€280M w/ voluntary reduction). Ronaldo with wages of €54M will reduce it to be about €265M, while revenues continue to recover. I believe by 2022, wages as a percentage of revenue will be closer to 55%.
- the equity raise is enough to a) wipe out all of net debt, b) pay for 1/2 of outstanding transfer obligations.
- so overall I think they’re in a good place (when the cash arrives of course).
- as confirmed by my initial suspicions, the use of proceeds is for the 2019-2024 5 year plan that last year’s equity raise was supposed to support, which is logical given that last years capital raise was used as COVID insurance.

The result:
My prediction is the company will at minimum have €250M-€350M in capital available for investment. It will also have somewhere between €50-70M in excess gross wage capacity per year with Ronaldo gone. My guess is next summer will be a big one. There’s no reason is shouldn’t given the size of the capital raise. They’re not going to pay down all of their debt - heck, €175M they can’t even pay down until 2024…so I think we should cautiously optimistic for next year.

My guess why we’re not spending now? Perhaps it’s related to the fact that the cash doesn’t arrive until year end and they do not want to debt finance it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Juventus will be using those banks to underwrite a rights offering of new juventus shares publicly. This will be done in the fall and Exor will subscribe to a prorata share of ownership ~64%. So essentially, juventus will be raising money via the public markets but most of the money will be provided by Exor which roughly equates to -€250M my Exor and the remainder from the public. This money will arrive by year end and should allow the company a lot more freedom in next summer’s transfer market.
Some quick facts about the deal and about Juve financially:
- juventus has about €360M in net debt right now, including €40M in cash. They have usually averaged between €200-300M in debt in recent years and have gotten as high as €450M. They also owe about €90M in transfer fees to other teams net of those owed to Juventus.
-wages as a percentage of revenue last year was about 80% with wages coming in around €310M (€280M w/ voluntary reduction). Ronaldo with wages of €54M will reduce it to be about €265M, while revenues continue to recover. I believe by 2022, wages as a percentage of revenue will be closer to 55%.
- the equity raise is enough to a) wipe out all of net debt, b) pay for 1/2 of outstanding transfer obligations.
- so overall I think they’re in a good place (when the cash arrives of course).
- as confirmed by my initial suspicions, the use of proceeds is for the 2019-2024 5 year plan that last year’s equity raise was supposed to support, which is logical given that last years capital raise was used as COVID insurance.

The result:
My prediction is the company will at minimum have €250M-€350M in capital available for investment. It will also have somewhere between €50-70M in excess gross wage capacity per year with Ronaldo gone. My guess is next summer will be a big one. There’s no reason is shouldn’t given the size of the capital raise. They’re not going to pay down all of their debt - heck, €175M they can’t even pay down until 2024…so I think we should cautiously optimistic for next year.

My guess why we’re not spending now? Perhaps it’s related to the fact that the cash doesn’t arrive until year end and they do not want to debt finance it.

Mbappe sogno possible? Haaland?

:tuttosport:

Mar 3, 2014
Mbappe sogno possible? Haaland?

:tuttosport:
It has to be. Mbappe would be on a free. And Haaland for a moderate transfer fee. Ronaldo makes €54M gross, €31M net. My understanding is that he did not benefit from the brain drain tax regime because it was introduced a year after he joined. As a reminder that’s the decree that means that only 50% of income is taxable if you work in Italy as a foreigner. He joined at the beginning of 2018. The decree was announced in 2019 and became effective at the beginning of 2020.

Ronaldo on a cash basis costs €54M per year and on an accounting basis €54m + €25M = €79M. On a cash basis, both Mbappe and Haaland could claim that new tax regime I believe. Perhaps even Pogba given how long he’s been away from Italy.

Assuming we want to replace Ronaldo’s wages € for €…but use the tax code to your advantage you could afford gross wages of €54M, which would allow you to pay a net wage of €42M or so. So can you offer both Haaland and Mbappe €21M a year. I mean it’s certainly a lot. I believe Haaland earns €5M net right now and Mbappe around €18M.

So is it possible? Yes. You could do it completely out of Ronaldo’s current wages I believe. And the annual amortization cost of signing Haaland would be feasible from both a cash basis (from equity injection) and accounting basis considering the annual depreciation would be about €10M per year less that Ronaldo’s

Why didn’t we get Donnarumma? I think it may have had to do with the fact that there is no tax benefit so paying a €12M net salary is not very economical. You can sign an Italian on €12M net for €21M gross or a foreign player for ~€16.5M. So if for Allegri it wasn’t important, they probably couldn’t justify that gross wage especially with a goalie already being paid €6.5M net.

The question though: is that their priorities and the priorities of the players . My opinion is they could definitely afford one easily.

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for the information.
I see Bayern doing right, I would like to know more about the direction of the financial project of Juventus.
I see in awe at the quantities of money football manages to move.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Juventus’ elegance and style next season will be linked to the charm of Loro Piana. The prestigious maison will be the club’s Official Formal Suit supplier for the 2021/2022 season. Loro Piana’s interest in the world of sport accompanies their pursuit of excellence and drive for innovation. Loro Piana and Juventus, both founded in Piedmont, have become leaders in their sectors globally.

From 22nd August, the first matchday of the 2021/22 Serie A season, the players of the First Team will wear the club suits signed by Loro Piana. They will be unique suits made up of precious material, workmanship and innovation, with the right mix of style and elegance, but also of comfort. Garments with a discreet, contemporary and timeless style, in perfect balance between wearability, functionality and extraordinary performance.

Going into more detail, there will be two outfits available to the players. For the start of the season, with a milder climate, the classic Kummel-coloured long-sleeved cotton polo shirt, the iconic colour of Loro Piana, will be combined with cotton trousers with a classic fit and tailored details. With the arrival of autumn and winter, the polo shirt will give way to the André cotton shirt, a true icon of the Loro Piana wardrobe, which will be worn with a Iana Wish® fine wool cardigan and the Sweater Jacket, an unlined jacket made of soft and enveloping cashmere and silk jersey with a shaded effect.
https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/juventus-to-wear-loro-piana

- - - Updated - - -

For Coach Massimiliano Allegri, on the other hand, Loro Piana has created a tailored suit - the “Pier Luigi Loro Piana” - with brand new Tasmania 170's wool with extraordinary features of thermoregulation, breathability, softness and natural elasticity.

The high quality of Loro Piana materials and an unmatched finished product meet the talent, passion and tenacity of one of the most important clubs in the world of sport and entertainment. Once again Juventus proves to be at the forefront.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 57)