The Financial Situation (15 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Juventus want to rejuvenate but can't afford particular expenses. The balance sheet, with the losses from Covid that canceled many of the benefits of the €300m capital increase, allows for large investments only in the event of cuts to the squad. [GdS]
Still at least we had a capital increase.

We have to high wages as we all know, but what is the position of other clubs, who perhaps weren’t as lucky as we are with the capital increase.

If we look to our targetsMilik, Zaniolo and Tonali for example. Napoli went out in CL, will play EL next year, heavy investments with Demme, Lobotka, Petagna, Politano and Osimhen since the winter mercato. Changed their manager aswel.

Brescia got relegated, so obviously their finances will be very different compared to this year.

Roma’s problems are widely know, but they’re perhaps a bit more save with the new owner.

So still for me it’s not very clear what our position exactly is.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Management (Paratici) have put themselves in a hole, by their sole fault. The inflated wages given to veterans, mercenaries and busts (including Sarri) in the past 2 seasons is now finally blowing up their faces. For anyone who paid attention, it was coming. Covid just exposed it quicker.

Agnelli is quite probably very pissed about it. Just a question of common sense. Paratici and Nedved managed to, at once, weaken the team and finances. It started with some deals from Marotta, sure, but Paratici made it considerably worst (if he is, indeed, the responsible for the "strategy" in football, and if Nedved takes part in it).

I'm sure Paratici's ass in on the line. Unless he cleans the mess with some great deals this summer, all while retaining scudetto for next season, I think there's a good chance he's gone in 2021. It just wouldn't be feasible or smart to sack him now, with little preparation time for next season and with the strategy already lined up for the cleanup.

The 300M "expansion" is, if I'm not mistaken, debt. Plusvalenza also is like pulling the shit under the carpet (gaining some immediate relief, for some long term debts).

So, unless a lot of stuff goes right, I think he'll be gone. Odds are stacked against him. He's undone a good part of things that were working before.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Damn ....management and balancing the finances is a huge task ....

with the current chaos in the club .. i hope next season start healthy in all levels ...

Fuck the CL .....this competition made us go for short term expensive solutions ....and we talked about it last year how dangerous it could be

and here we are ...CR7 salary alone is a headache and pain in the ass..

Jul 2, 2006
Damn ....management and balancing the finances is a huge task ....

with the current chaos in the club .. i hope next season start healthy in all levels ...

Fuck the CL .....this competition made us go for short term expensive solutions ....and we talked about it last year how dangerous it could be

and here we are ...CR7 salary alone is a headache and pain in the ass..
and somehow we still managed to look like shit. management should be really dumb to think we even had a chance with a dysfunctional and mediocre midfield like ours.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Hence the Dybala rumors...

- - - Updated - - -

As mentioned before the loss ticketing revenue and adjusted media rights fees (including extra from deeper run into tournament stages) and other commercial unlocks have affected all clubs where pertinent.

Moving players (assets) appears to be the only remedy. But again selling a Dybala feels like taking two steps back to move one step forward on the field.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
As mentioned before the loss ticketing revenue and adjusted media rights fees (including extra from deeper run into tournament stages) and other commercial unlocks have affected all clubs where pertinent.

Moving players (assets) appears to be the only remedy. But again selling a Dybala feels like taking two steps back to move one step forward on the field.
Selling Dybala would mean there is a club that has 100m to spend (which I doubt during COVID) or that they have expensive players willing to be traded and come on lower wages (which I also doubt during COVID)

What has the means to spend that right now?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Selling Dybala would mean there is a club that has 100m to spend (which I doubt during COVID) or that they have expensive players willing to be traded and come on lower wages (which I also doubt during COVID)

Also, no one is wiring 100m in full to anyone. That type of liquidity is unheard of especially with most clubs operating in the red.

You know that the alchemy of structuring deals involves all types of accounting and legal sorcery. Deferred payment schedules, loan+fee combos, etc.

Also it would be wise for Juve not to receive 100m in a large sum because that is most likely taxable. Thus amortizing a 100m fee is the route to go and is most likely during a global economic downturn.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

If you register the new assets at 100m while trading Paulo for the same amount, considering the 11m in the table above, it would be a 89m plusvalenza in the book... in the way we are managing the cub, it make total sense. However, that just make sense in a financial level at the short term, in the long term, you aren't taking losses for useless assets as Pipa, Costa, Pjaca, Danilo that in the practice are drowning your cash flow.... just idiotic

For instance, leaving CR7 for the same amount that it says in that table, it would save the club his salary but it would have zero impact in our plusvalenza sheet, and we know we love that

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Also, no one is wiring 100m in full to anyone. That type of liquidity is unheard of especially with most clubs operating in the red.

You know that the alchemy of structuring deals involves all types of accounting and legal sorcery. Deferred payment schedules, loan+fee combos, etc.

Also it would be wise for Juve not to receive 100m in a large sum because that is most likely taxable. Thus amortizing a 100m fee is the route to go and is most likely during a global economic downturn.
The worst case scenario is we would have to cut Dybala for some scandalous low amount. I'd free up Ronaldo before Dybala, obviously, the formers salary is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

If you register the new assets at 100m while trading Paulo for the same amount, considering the 11m in the table above, it would be a 89m plusvalenza in the book... in the way we are managing the cub, it make total sense. However, that just make sense in a financial level at the short term, in the long term, you aren't taking losses for useless assets as Pipa, Costa, Pjaca, Danilo that in the practice are drowning your cash flow.... just idiotic

For instance, leaving CR7 for the same amount that it says in that table, it would save the club his salary but it would have zero impact in our plusvalenza sheet, and we know we love that
I'll leave the math stuff to you financial gurus :grin:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I wonder what we'll do with Higuain... to not lose money we'd need to sell him for 18m... so if we let him go for free even saving his 15m gross wages we'd lose money
We can go in a Tevez way with some club.... however in order to make it work in a legit way and not in a such hey-world-I-am-cooking-books-here level. You need the other part take the assets in that value so you need to find another club with the will to cook their books as well cuz we know Pipa doesn't work that at all.... well, it never work the crazy amount we paid anyway, not even close

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)