The Financial Situation (67 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Marco Re was notorious for being risk-aversed. Some see him being replaced as a hint of what's to come
But Agnelli was adamant after Marotta left that Re, Paratici and some other guy were the future and they would lead Juve in the new era. Where did you see he was risk-averse?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, someone talked about it the other day in Sarri's thread. Mike I think

Basically the guy other members say was on 'Sarri is new coach' boat last summer when everyone talked about Guardiola now says Sarri is gone no matter what results until the end. He also said he doesn't know if that means other heads will fall too in that case.

I mean, it's highly unlikely, nothing the board said or did since restart is suggesting it, but I can't take this anymore.
Could it be? :green:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is why we should be so demanding:

https://www.capology.com/serie-a/payrolls/

Someone insert the img pls
They have De Ligt as the 7th highest-paid player at Juve, which is incorrect, so I wonder how accurate the rest of their figures are.

Of course Juve are well ahead of the second placed team. Ronaldo costs almost as much as the entire Atalanta squad, but it's also relative.

Juve have the issue all elite clubs have - we sign players on salaries they could have at other comparable clubs in Europe. We are the only team in Italy in that category. So you give Dybala, Higuain, De Ligt €7.5m salary and Ronaldo €30m then it has a spiralling effect throughout the rest of the squad who want a salary relative to their worth to the team.

For example, imagine an unlikely scenario where Atalanta could keep their team for the next few years, make top 2 and CL football every season. Their payroll would multiply considerably based on that level of competition, but I bet you that they can't play any better than they do now.

Money is the easiest way to win things in football, but it's not a guarantee (see Moratti's Inter, Man Utd, Milan countless PL sides), and it certainly does not equate to winning with convincing performances. That's something Sarri needs to figure out when he has a team that is moulded in his vision.

Last edited:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
They have De Ligt as the 7th highest-paid player at Juve, which is incorrect, so I wonder how accurate the rest of their figures are.

Of course Juve are well ahead of the second placed team. Ronaldo costs almost as much as the entire Atalanta squad, but it's also relative.

Juve have the issue all elite clubs have - we sign players on salaries they could have at other comparable clubs in Europe. We are the only team in Italy in that category. So you give Dybala, Higuain, De Ligt €7.5m salary and Ronaldo €30m then it has a spiralling effect throughout the rest of the squad who want a salary relative to their worth to the team.

For example, imagine an unlikely scenario where Atalanta could keep their team for the next few years, make top 2 and CL football every season. Their payroll would multiply considerably based on that level of competition, but I bet you that they can't play any better than they do now.

Money is the easiest way to win things in football, but it's not a guarantee (see Moratti's Inter, Man Utd, Milan countless PL sides), and it certainly does not equate to winning with convincing performances. That's something Sarri needs to figure out when he has a team that is moulded in his vision.
All you said is true, but it doesn't deny the fact that salary is still a pretty good indicator of the level of a player. It's relative to a certain point. This is not on Sarri, it's on Paratici.

Jun 16, 2020
Basically no financial news lately. At this point I’m having troubles to understand what our position is financially.

Very understandable that we have a very expensive squad in terms of wages etc.

Still though we’ve had a capital increase of 300m right before the crisis, we pulled of some nice plusvalenze before the closure of the last financial year, and we’ve fixed the issue as first club in Europa with the salaries due to the crisis.

@s4tch maybe you know something more?

Overall I don’t know what to expect. Is there a budget, are we in trouble (or not).

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Basically no financial news lately. At this point I’m having troubles to understand what our position is financially.

Very understandable that we have a very expensive squad in terms of wages etc.

Still though we’ve had a capital increase of 300m right before the crisis, we pulled of some nice plusvalenze before the closure of the last financial year, and we’ve fixed the issue as first club in Europa with the salaries due to the crisis.

@s4tch maybe you know something more?

Overall I don’t know what to expect. Is there a budget, are we in trouble (or not).
We could be in trouble if the league didnt resume. Im guessing we're fine for now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We missed out on a lot of revenue from ticket sales. Atleast €30M maybe.

If we get knocked out by Lyon, it could be another disaster financially.
The players sacrificing their salaries compensates for that and some.

Agreed about Lyon. We can't afford to not make the CL QFs. That should be the absolute minimum requirement every single season.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Could that be true for the total cost to the club with the new tax law?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Could that be true for the total cost to the club with the new tax law?
For some reason the link has numbers locked now, but even for payroll it can't be correct.

He gets €8m after tax, plus potential bonuses. New tax law for foreign workers in Italy means only 50% of income is taxed, so essentially the taxable rate is 21.5% instead of the regular 43% top bracket.

In bold are players benefiting from the new tax law, before / after tax (payroll / salary):

Cristiano Ronaldo - €37.67m / €31m
Gonzalo Higuain - €10.725m / €7.5m
Paulo Dybala - €10.44m / €7.3m
Matthijs de Ligt - €9.72m / €8m
Wojciech Szczesny €9.3m / €6.5m
Leonardo Bonucci €9.3m / €6.5m
Adrien Rabiot - €8.5m / €7m
Aaron Ramsey - €8.5m / €7m

And so on.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The players sacrificing their salaries compensates for that and some.

Agreed about Lyon. We can't afford to not make the CL QFs. That should be the absolute minimum requirement every single season.
It does matter if we advanced but also if Atalanta and napoli advance . Our earnings are linked with their performance .
The less Italian teams left ,the better the prize money.
If we qualify and Atalanta and Napoli do to,we earn probably less than 5 mil.
If 2 /3 qualify is much more or 1/3 because we get more from the TV rights because it isn't divided by 3 .

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It does matter if we advanced but also if Atalanta and napoli advance . Our earnings are linked with their performance .
The less Italian teams left ,the better the prize money.
If we qualify and Atalanta and Napoli do to,we earn probably less than 5 mil.
If 2 /3 qualify is much more or 1/3 because we get more from the TV rights because it isn't divided by 3 .

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
I'm aware of that. Napoli are probably going to get eliminated, so hopefully we can make a bit more.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
For some reason the link has numbers locked now, but even for payroll it can't be correct.

He gets €8m after tax, plus potential bonuses. New tax law for foreign workers in Italy means only 50% of income is taxed, so essentially the taxable rate is 21.5% instead of the regular 43% top bracket.

In bold are players benefiting from the new tax law, before / after tax (payroll / salary):

Cristiano Ronaldo - €37.67m / €31m
Gonzalo Higuain - €10.725m / €7.5m
Paulo Dybala - €10.44m / €7.3m
Matthijs de Ligt - €9.72m / €8m
Wojciech Szczesny €9.3m / €6.5m
Leonardo Bonucci €9.3m / €6.5m
Adrien Rabiot - €8.5m / €7m
Aaron Ramsey - €8.5m / €7m

And so on.
Ronaldo doesn’t benefit from it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)