The Financial Situation (38 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Jeep and Adidas are squeezing us like a lemon. How many times will it be repeated? Looking at other clubs the amounts we receive really are not comparable. But there is no need to state the obvious over and over again. We are owned by the same company as Jeep so there might be some internal reasons. Adidas however? If they offered so little why Nike or Puma didn't beat their offer?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Jeep and Adidas are squeezing us like a lemon. How many times will it be repeated? Looking at other clubs the amounts we receive really are not comparable. But there is no need to state the obvious over and over again. We are owned by the same company as Jeep so there might be some internal reasons. Adidas however? If they offered so little why Nike or Puma didn't beat their offer?

When the Adidas deal was announced, I recall most fans were pretty damn happy with it. Then a few months later Man Utd signed a similar deal with Adidas making Juve's deal look small. I'm not sure that was avoidable at the time though. Juventus were getting around €13 mil annually from Nike and hadn't made a big statement in Europe for 10 years.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How?

Well if the kit sponsors are only offering a certain amount, and Adidas made the best offer, then what are we supposed to do about it? These things are determined by sales figures.

2016 shirt sales
Man Utd 2.85m
Real Madrid 2.29m
Barcelona 1.98m
Chelsea 1.65m
Bayern 1.5m
Arsenal 1.225
Juventus 0.85m
Liverpool 0.705m
PSG 0.685m
Milan 0.65m

So we sell 30% of the shirts that United do. They currently get £75m p/a from Adidas. We get £20m p/a. So we get 27% of the money they do.

The other thing with a lot of these deals is that clubs get tied in to a certain amount for a period of time. Look at Real Madrid, they get £34m and Barcelona's new one is £100m because it has more recently been negotiated. If we were to renegotiate tomorrow we'd get considerably more.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Shirt sales and sports sponsorships help but they are a drop in the ocean compared to TV rights. For Juventus to go up a level to the top tier, Serie A itself needs improvement and better exposure. Having 4 Serie A teams in the champions league from next year will help but we really need Serie A to lift its game.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Trying to sell shirts for 90-100euro is madness.
At least it never worked in Italy.

If it's true you have 13.000.000 fans in Italy if you can sell a original shirt for 30-40 and you get 1/10 of those people to buy one imagine the numbers and the profit.
Those shirts probably cost 5$ to Adidas and Nike to make them in China or some poor country....

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Trying to sell shirts for 90-100euro is madness.
At least it never worked in Italy.

If it's true you have 13.000.000 fans in Italy if you can sell a original shirt for 30-40 and you get 1/10 of those people to buy one imagine the numbers and the profit.
Those shirts probably cost 5$ to Adidas and Nike to make them in China or some poor country....
Juve doesn't decide shirt prices.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Serie A is such a peasant league, not even our recent success in "almost" winning CL can't help us get better deals.
It has nothing to do with Serie A. We haven't had any super marketable players (except Pogba and Dybala, Marotta/ Agnelli can't negotiate commercial deals for shit and Elkann doesn't seem to care.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
It has nothing to do with Serie A. We haven't had any super marketable players (except Pogba and Dybala, Marotta/ Agnelli can't negotiate commercial deals for $#@! and Elkann doesn't seem to care.
Seria A is a broke ass league in a broke ass country. Arsenal had been publicly undressed and embarassed in CL each year whenever they make there and has maybe only one player who will walk in our starting 11, still got themselves a better deal than us. Nobody cares about Seria A.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
People just doesnt want to listen italian speaking people talking about referees throughout the whole season while 80% of teams defend in their games for 90 minutes...that requires to be really in love in Serie A to deal with that shit every year.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
People just doesnt want to listen italian speaking people talking about referees throughout the whole season while 80% of teams defend in their games for 90 minutes...that requires to be really in love in Serie A to deal with that $#@! every year.
:agree:
Agreed with everything except defending, Seria A is no more about defense. Empty prehistorical stadiums, translation image directly from 80-90th (add big R char in a top corner on replays and you'd think you are watching 80th game replay sometimes) etc. – all-around outdated league. Seria A needs Chinese money.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Well if the kit sponsors are only offering a certain amount, and Adidas made the best offer, then what are we supposed to do about it? These things are determined by sales figures.

2016 shirt sales
Man Utd 2.85m
Real Madrid 2.29m
Barcelona 1.98m
Chelsea 1.65m
Bayern 1.5m
Arsenal 1.225
Juventus 0.85m
Liverpool 0.705m
PSG 0.685m
Milan 0.65m

So we sell 30% of the shirts that United do. They currently get £75m p/a from Adidas. We get £20m p/a. So we get 27% of the money they do.

The other thing with a lot of these deals is that clubs get tied in to a certain amount for a period of time. Look at Real Madrid, they get £34m and Barcelona's new one is £100m because it has more recently been negotiated. If we were to renegotiate tomorrow we'd get considerably more.
Thanks. Considering your post, our deal with Adidas is not that bad. Also I'm sure it'll get better after we renew or change the sponsor.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
I still don't understand how Manchester,Chelsea and Arsenal have these numbers.
I thought PSG was much higher
Makes sense in a way. Man Utd is arguably Yankees level in EPL. Most well known English team. Chelsea and Arsenal are London based EPL clubs.

I'm more surprised about Liverpool being where they are.

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
People just doesnt want to listen italian speaking people talking about referees throughout the whole season while 80% of teams defend in their games for 90 minutes...that requires to be really in love in Serie A to deal with that $#@! every year.
Not a defending league anymore. If anything a lot of the non-Juve games i watched this year were super entertaining

Serie A - 2.96g per game
La Liga - 2.94g per game
Bundesliga - 2.87g per game
PL - 2.8g per game

Did you know that Crotone-Palermo drew 500 fans? Sure not the most exciting match up but it was one of the first matches Crotone played in Serie A. You figure they would have drawn more than my youth league games did.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Not a defending league anymore. If anything a lot of the non-Juve games i watched this year were super entertaining

Serie A - 2.96g per game
La Liga - 2.94g per game
PL - 2.8g per game

Did you know that Crotone-Palermo drew 500 fans? Sure not the most exciting match up but it was one of the first matches Crotone played in Serie A. You figure they would have drawn more than my youth league games did.
Remember Crotone had to play about 600km away in Pescara for the first couple of months of the season because their stadium didn't meet FIGC criteria. When they moved into their stadium after it was deemed ready, they drew a good average attendance for such a small club from a small town.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

Serie A - 2.96g per game
La Liga - 2.94g per game
PL - 2.8g per game

Whining and calling for ref mistakes every time Juve played is quite annoying. If u watched La Liga you would see how everyone avoid to talk about the ref "help" to RM and Farca even when both cases r quite disgusting from time to time

Spanish dude are like that. For instance, current Liga President don't wanna take the release clause cuz financial issues and they never investigated Farca about Ney transfer, spanish civil court had to deal with it. Italians were trying to put down our president cuz he sold some tickets on sale to some ultras, it's hilarious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)