The Financial Situation (73 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
next year please south american tour, we have lots of fans in asia, we need more in americas. i believe worldwide reach is one of the main things for club to get rich by natural ways (no sugar daddies and player sales)
i don't think much money is going to to be made doing this from a marketing aspect, the one thing we should be doing is sending scouts to south america

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Can someone please tell me how Manchester United can get away with a net spending of 120 million pounds? How can they possibly escape FFP with such ridiculous spending and no revenue from Champions League?

Jul 13, 2010
Can someone please tell me how Manchester United can get away with a net spending of 120 million pounds? How can they possibly escape FFP with such ridiculous spending and no revenue from Champions League?
well, next year will be crucial for them i believe. ffp is shit, everyone here will agree. the idea itself is good, but the way it is handled is jus not right and with major loopholes like selling stadium naming rights to yourself and recording deal like that as revenue...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
FFP stopped Man City from getting Falcao. That's a positive to me that would never have occurred previously. Even if it just means Man U signs him, at least I get some satisfaction that one of these teams misses out.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
united revenue only beaten by real and barca for the last a decade and they didn't buy that many players so why not for once? it is always madrid who seem so weird with their ability to break world records transfer spending every seasons.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ist-sponsors-helping-3billion-super-club.html

(this article is from 2013. by now they have even improved some of their deals/signed new ones for much more money + the upcoming adidas deal and 70M+ each year)

to be fair, they are spending their own money. those guys earn shitload of money from sponsors, not to mention the asian tours they make almost every summer, TV revenue, allways sold out stadium (Old Trafford has around 70000-75000 seats i think + expensive tickets) etc.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
FFP won't hamper utd, they simply bring in way too much money, the likes of them, Real ,Barca, Bayern etc will never be effected unlessntyey drop out of the CL for half a decade.

It was designed to stop the City's and PSG's of the world who can't produce big financial turnovers yet spend like there is no tomorrow.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
well, next year will be crucial for them i believe. ffp is $#@!, everyone here will agree. the idea itself is good, but the way it is handled is jus not right and with major loopholes like selling stadium naming rights to yourself and recording deal like that as revenue...
No the idea is not good at all. It's all about status quo. Because of it smaller clubs can't get to the top while the big ones will never be punished for big spending (Real, Barca, Bayern, MU etc.).

If UEFA wants to stop the ridiculous spending they simply shouldn't pay so much to big clubs for CL. The market's gone crazy way before City and PSG so those clubs can't really take the blame for that.

Besides those rules are stupid. If an investor wants to invest, why limiting him? The club is his property as well as the money he has. It's just dumb to tell the guy what he's supposed to do with his own money isn't it?

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
No the idea is not good at all. It's all about status quo. Because of it smaller clubs can't get to the top while the big ones will never be punished for big spending (Real, Barca, Bayern, MU etc.).

If UEFA wants to stop the ridiculous spending they simply shouldn't pay so much to big clubs for CL. The market's gone crazy way before City and PSG so those clubs can't really take the blame for that.

Besides those rules are stupid. If an investor wants to invest, why limiting him? The club is his property as well as the money he has. It's just dumb to tell the guy what he's supposed to do with his own money isn't it?
I think they should put a max price in salaries, that would solve a lot of problems too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)