The Financial Situation (80 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Adidas is +17 actually, by sponsorship you mean jersey sponsorship?
Adidas is €23m sponsorship + €6m merchandising + 1st team supplies +variables .... Nike is €13m sponsorship + variable merchandising + 1st team supplies...
like 10% of revenue if Nike sales exceed €22.7m, 50% of net profit.. etc

I think it's closer to +€10m, maybe less than +€10m

edit: merchandising: retail and licensing for the last 3 years... this is in addition to Nike sponsorship

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
If you take the sponsorship deal + merchandising/supllies fee only : (because the % on sales i believe is the same +/-)
Nike:
13.1M(157.3/12) + 2.3M(max 2.8 on last years) = 15.4M (the published number was 17M,which is about right)

Adidas:
23.25M(139.5/6) + 6M = 29.25M (the published number was 30M,which is about right)

so it's about +13/14M more per year on the kit sponsor only.

Hopefully we can do better with our next shirt sponsor as well.right now Jeep deal is 15M per year iirc.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
I thought Zaza was 8m?
Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announced that it has finalised an agreement with U.S. Sassuolo Calcio S.r.l. for the termination in favour of Sassuolo of the current player sharing agreement (pursuant to art. 102 bis N.O.I.F.) concerning the registration rights of the player Simone Zaza for a consideration of € 7.5 million to be paid in three years. The economic effect is positive for about € 5.4 million.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So we get 1 mil only for Peluso after paying 5 mil for the guy !

What a shiit transfer that was in the first place...
Yeah, why does a 30 year old costs less then a 28 year old

Geee, i wonder why, this question must be very difficult...

- - - Updated - - -

Heeey, you know what , we payed 50 mil for Buffon, and we would get less then 5 for him right now !!!

what a shiiiiit transfer that was in the first place

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011

we got 4.5 mil from peluso , 1 mil is the plus generated from this selling him , rus has given the values at which they were sold for some players and the possitive economic effect generated in the accounting books for some others

The numbers are something like this

Player--------Price------+

Vucinic-------6.3 -------2.6
Zaza---------7.5--------5.4
Peluso-------4.5---------1
Immobile----8-----------8

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

- - - Updated - - -

Heeey, you know what , we payed 50 mil for Buffon, and we would get less then 5 for him right now !!!

Yeah what a smart respond that was

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

Apples to Oranges comparison...

In accounting terms...

Peluso's contract began ~07/01/2013, for 5 years, expiring ~6/30/2017 (1460 days) when he was purchased at an accounting book value of 4.679MM. As of 12/31/2013, he had been under contract for ~183 days, and had been depreciated on the books by 201/1460 = ~0.585MM. As of the sale in 2014, his rights will have depreciated by ~1.169MM, implying a book value of ~3.51MM.

He was sold for 4.5MM, but in 3 years (~4.5MM-3.5MM = ~1MM accounting gain), which corresponds to the 1MM mentioned in the press release.

In economic terms...

You paid ~4.8MM to be paid in 2 years and sold him for ~4.5MM a year later to receive the money in 3 years. That 4.5MM is worth closer to 4.0MM when considering time value of money (ie: forgone interest). When considering he was mostly useless and paid wages of 0.8MM I'd call the transfer a fail.

Summed up:
Juve lost 0.3MM in absolute dollars, while paying out 0.8MM in wages on a pretty useless player who will do nothing to drive any form of revenue. Additionally, there is a 2 year delay from when we're paying the cash and when we collect it from Sassuolo, which needs to be funded at our cost of debt (which is ~4.0%). It's just a terrible deal.

For Buffon,
In economic terms,
He was purchased him for 45MM Euro in 2001, and is paid 4MM is wages. Unlike Peluso, he is positive for the Juve brand and drives both matchday revenues, merch, broadcast revenues, and competition monetary prizes. Economically that outlay probably paid for itself, considering we got 13 years of the asset.

In accounting terms, his book value is 52.882MM, and has accumulated depreciation of 51.812, which leaves a book value of 1.072MM. If he was sold for 5MM, he'd yield an accounting gain of nearly 4MM vs. ~1MM for Peluso. While accounting isn't a true measure of the economics, it illustrates that with Buffon, the asset was fully utilized, while Peluso was hardly utilized. When taking this into context of the players and their respective impact on Juve, it is very clear that Peluso is horrible business compared to Buffon.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
But we didn't lose anything, so it's all good. :D
Hehe. We paid his salaries. We actually paid 1M loan + 5M transfer = 6M total fee.

Marotta "sold" him for 4.5M - but with the condition we bought Marrone 1/2 back for 5M (lol). Marrone's total value is no more than 6M now.

Then I'd say we lost around 3.5M in fees + around 1.5M net - 3M gross in salaries = 6.5M spent on freaking Peluso. Counting his "sale" by Marotta. Looks bad to me

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Apples to Oranges comparison...

In accounting terms...

Peluso's contract began ~07/01/2013, for 5 years, expiring ~6/30/2017 (1460 days) when he was purchased at an accounting book value of 4.679MM. As of 12/31/2013, he had been under contract for ~183 days, and had been depreciated on the books by 201/1460 = ~0.585MM. As of the sale in 2014, his rights will have depreciated by ~1.169MM, implying a book value of ~3.51MM.

He was sold for 4.5MM, but in 3 years (~4.5MM-3.5MM = ~1MM accounting gain), which corresponds to the 1MM mentioned in the press release.

In economic terms...

You paid ~4.8MM to be paid in 2 years and sold him for ~4.5MM a year later to receive the money in 3 years. That 4.5MM is worth closer to 4.0MM when considering time value of money (ie: forgone interest). When considering he was mostly useless and paid wages of 0.8MM I'd call the transfer a fail.

Juve lost 0.3MM in absolute dollars, while paying out 0.8MM in wages on a pretty useless player. Additionally, there is a 2 year delay from when we're paying the cash and when we collect it from Sassuolo, which needs to be funded at our cost of debt (which is ~4.0%). It's just a terrible deal.

For Buffon,
In economic terms,
He was purchased him for 45MM Euro in 2001, and is paid 4MM is wages. Unlike Peluso, he is positive for the Juve brand and drives both matchday revenues, merch, broadcast revenues, and competition monetary prizes. Economically that outlay probably paid for itself, considering we got 13 years of the asset.

In accounting terms, his book value is 52.882MM, and has accumulated depreciation of 51.812, which leaves a book value of 1.072MM. If he was sold for 5MM, he'd yield an accounting gain of nearly 4MM vs. ~1MM for Peluso. While accounting isn't a true measure of the economics, it illustrates that with Buffon, the asset was fully utilized, while Peluso was hardly utilized. When taking this into context of the players and their respective impact on Juve, it is very clear that Peluso is horrible business compared to Buffon.
I only disagree that it was a bad business, since Peluso was important member during the 2012\13 season, when Asamoah was away for AFCON, and was generally brought here for depth. For 5m of expense I don't see the need for so much hassle over this transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)