The Financial Situation (17 Viewers)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Juve cant fill 40 k stadium properly.Just look at last game attendance.Its useless to build bigger one.
nah dude.
in the midweek people here has a thing called work.
As many, who attends juventus games, live away from Turin you can get why during midweek games unless it's a super important game attendance will suffer.
Games start at 20.45pm usually ends at 22.35 22.40 pm now consider the people living far away.
You leave the Allianz at 11pm need to drive,take train for 2-3 hours and the morning later having to wake up 6-7am for job.
Kinda rough isn't it? so for midweek minor games many tends to say "screw this i'll watch it in Tv"

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
nah dude.
As many, who attends juventus games, live away from Turin you can get why during midweek games unless it's a super important game attendance will suffer.
Games start at 20.45pm usually ends at 22.35 22.40 pm now consider the people living far away.
You leave the Allianz at 11pm need to drive,take train for 2-3 hours and the morning later having to wake up 6-7am for job.
Kinda rough isn't it?
so for midweek minor games many tends to say "screw this i'll watch it in Tv"
The same logic should then apply to the Sunday evening games.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
we will never compete with the giants with 40k stadium. it $#@!ing bottlenecks our matchday gate reception. Also brands like Jeep is $#@!, get the ferrari at least
Ferrari is a luxurious brand. Such brands are not advertised through football but sophisticated sports like sailing or golf, for white rich folks.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
nah dude.
Kinda rough isn't it? so for midweek minor games many tends to say "screw this i'll watch it in Tv"
I remember a game against Sampdoria in Coppa Italia... 230 people came to Delle Alpi...230 bums without work I guess.Juve wont ever have a need for bigger stadium.I learn that by following this club for 20 years. One thing is constant with trophies and that is pathetic attendence compared to other high profile clubs in Europe.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We averaged 96% capacity in Serie A last season. It's difficult to get much better than that.

I'd say that is pretty good. It's hard to get the extra 4% without a decent system for season ticket holders to free up their seats when they can't attend. Anyone who has tried to buy tickets for the new stadium will tell you how difficult it is to get them. We more often that not sell out.

I'm confident if the stadium was bigger we would sell more tickets. I'm sure for games against less glamorous clubs the % capacity would go down but probably stay the same vs bigger teams.

It's all cost v benefit. What size would be suitable to increase ticket sales without compromising atmosphere on less popular games? Would the extra ticket sales outweigh the cost to expand the stadium? If we stop winning will our attendances suffer?

Improving infrastructure to the stadium would help too. Hopefully they can extend the metro.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
We averaged 96% capacity in Serie A last season. It's difficult to get much better than that.

I'd say that is pretty good. It's hard to get the extra 4% without a decent system for season ticket holders to free up their seats when they can't attend. Anyone who has tried to buy tickets for the new stadium will tell you how difficult it is to get them. We more often that not sell out.

I'm confident if the stadium was bigger we would sell more tickets. I'm sure for games against less glamorous clubs the % capacity would go down but probably stay the same vs bigger teams.

It's all cost v benefit. What size would be suitable to increase ticket sales without compromising atmosphere on less popular games? Would the extra ticket sales outweigh the cost to expand the stadium? If we stop winning will our attendances suffer?

Improving infrastructure to the stadium would help too. Hopefully they can extend the metro.
nope dude we can't get that 100% because of the guest section which counts up to 2099 seats which hardly are filled.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
nah dude.
Correct points but the mentality of supporters is the biggest issue. In Italy the issue of tv saturation has been around for years longer than it has in England, and people will more gladly settle for an entire night of football and post-partita.

It will be interesting to see what kind of figures Liverpool get with their new stadium. It's the same size as Turin and is a two-team city. It would be unfair to compare with somewhere like Manchester which is more than twice the size, or Newcastle which is the same size but a one-team city.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Correct points but the mentality of supporters is the biggest issue. In Italy the issue of tv saturation has been around for years longer than it has in England, and people will more gladly settle for an entire night of football and post-partita.

It will be interesting to see what kind of figures Liverpool get with their new stadium. It's the same size as Turin and is a two-team city. It would be unfair to compare with somewhere like Manchester which is more than twice the size, or Newcastle which is the same size but a one-team city.
Isn't Turin bigger than Manchester?

The metropolitan area has similar numbers too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Isn't Turin bigger than Manchester?

The metropolitan area has similar numbers too.
Maybe officially. Actually the numbers are closer than I thought. It's difficult to talk about Manchester as just one area though as it all merges into one. Apparently Greater Manchester is 2.55m and Turin Metro is 1.7m.

Really it backs up my original point but I'd say fans would have to come from further afar in Turin to Allianz than Yanited fans to OT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)