The Financial Situation (13 Viewers)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Did you even bother reading the quoted posts that make it quite clear why that is impossible ?
As i wrote several times before: just because we have debt, doesn't mean we aren't going to spend a dime this summer...
Selling Immobile's half will lower the Potential WC player's fee by something around 13M... Barça asked for someting around 25M for Sanchez... 25M-13M is 12M...
IMO that is actually possible...

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Indeed and the reason for that is that we dont have the players for the 4-3-3
and thats not because we lack SSs
a Tevez-Llorente-Vucinic/Giovinco forward line wouldnt be that hard.
The reason we dont use a four back line is because we dont have an LB.
Conte was forced to play with three CBs, because we were conciding way too easily.
Ever since Marotta has been failing to get a dedicated quality LB, for 6 consecutive transfer windows, Asamoah, is a quick fix and as a midfielder can be fielded in that spot in a 3-5-2, but he is not LB.
The best Marotta could was serie B Peluso, but he is not starter material and Conte could not base the team upon him.

So before we upgrade from Tevez to Sanchez, we should rather upgrade from Peluso to Evra first...

The leap of quality among Evra and Peluso is far greater than the one among Tevez and Sanchez, so the overall upgrade of quality will be noticed considerably more!
Sanchez wouldn't be an upgrade from Tevez. They would play alongisde each othe.r

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You claim its impossible to buy one 25-30mil player instead of two 20mil ones?
Cause thats what you have been saying since last year...
Despite the fact you are wrong about "two 20mil ones", you absolutely disregard the difference between last year and now.

Back then, our wage bill was lower and we just had a good cl campaign, and projected a QF finish.

THIS year, our wage bill is higher, we went out 2 rounds early wich cost us 25mil, meaning we got alot less money then past year.

I dont understand how this isnt crystal clear...

Sanchez wouldn't be an upgrade from Tevez. They would play alongisde each othe.r
exactly

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Despite the fact you are wrong about "two 20mil ones", you absolutely disregard the difference between last year and now.

Back then, our wage bill was lower and we just had a good cl campaign, and projected a QF finish.

THIS year, our wage bill is higher, we went out 2 rounds early wich cost us 25mil, meaning we got alot less money then past year.

I dont disagree with the rest, all i am saying is, that if we are about to spend lets say 20mil to get Osvaldo and 12 to get Immobile back, whats wrong if we spend 30mil lets say on Sanchez instead?
I dont have an issue with the ammount we spend, but how we spend it!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I dont disagree with the rest, all i am saying is, that if we are about to spend lets say 20mil to get Osvaldo and 12 to get Immobile back, whats wrong if we spend 30mil lets say on Sanchez instead?
I dont have an issue with the ammount we spend, but how we spend it!
We wont buy osvaldo, and we will probably sell immobile's half

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
How could they play along each other? they are both supporting strikers.
Like Vucinic and Giovinco did play besides Tevez?

- - - Updated - - -

We wont buy osvaldo, and we will probably sell immobile's half
Take these names just as examples, its about the ammounts we are talking about in this thread!
I honestly dont understand how we can spend 45mil on 2-3 three players every year and cant instead buy one of 25-30mil...

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
4-3-3/4-2-3-1

Buffon
Licht-Bazagli-Chiellini-Lulic
Vidal-Pogba
Nani-Tevez-Sanchez
Llorente

Buffon
Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba
Nani-Tevez-Sanchez​

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

Take these names just as examples, its about the ammounts we are talking about in this thread!
I honestly dont understand how we can spend 45mil on 2-3 three players every year and cant instead buy one of 25-30mil...
We started the season with Vucinic anc Tevez. Giovinco played with Tevez many times.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
4-3-3/4-2-3-1

Buffon
Vidal-Pogba
Nani-Tevez-Sanchez
Llorente

Buffon
Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba
Nani-Tevez-Sanchez​
But we dont have Lulic, we have Peluso, lets see if Marotta can find a LB of that level first, see if Conte trusts him enough to change the system and then start talking for yet another SS or offensive winger.
Because ever since MArotta took over, he never managed to find a decent LB, but he has been adding more and more SSs, that are competing for the same positions.
Chances are is that the same will happen for yet another season, as it always did, its unwise to make such an investment, only be the unrealistic assumption, that this time wont...
And if it doesnt, we will bench Tevez or Sanchez all year long, like we did with Vucinic, Quaq and Giovinco, millions wasted on the bench and the Pelusos and PAdoins still getting play minutes almost every match and sometimes even forced to start them...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If he signs Lulic he still won't have found a decent left back, because he's a left wing back at best.

Ergo, he probably still isn't actually trying to sign a left back.

Signing Evra would suggest otherwise.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We started the season with Vucinic anc Tevez. Giovinco played with Tevez many times.
Yeah, i remember, Conte wanted to give them time to adapt, Tevez did great and became a starte right away.
But it was obvious that he needed a finisher besides him, someone who can play the target man.
Llorente was a match, but needed more time, because he was out for a season.
Ever since he was ready, he was the primary options, for tactical reasons, among others.
This is how our teams works atm, a SS and a target man.
Due to the state of our defence, Conte cannot try the trident for than a few minutes, its too risky.
So the needs remains untill smth is done for it.
Well since Marotta cant get a LB, we are stacked with that, so much, that we even loaned Osvaldo to play as the subber CF replacement (and prolly buy him)
We need to make some major changes for our needs to change.
I know that some ppl want Conte out, so that we can keep Marotta, but i doubt Conte will leave us, its just a bluff from his part, because he has these romantic thoughts that we can grow as strong as before...

So if Conte stays and Marotta stays, that would mean, 3-5-2, two forwards, one SS, one finisher.
Tevez is not a finisher, neither is Sanchez, they both work for their ball and with it.
Even though they are both better, Llorente and his sub (Osvaldo or Immobile) will take the other one Tevez and Sanzhez will be in competition for the other one...

- - - Updated - - -

Also worth noting: Tevez is playing as CF and considers himself a CF, so I reckon he might be a CF.
Well Conte doesnt and he uses him as a SS and Llorente as the CF... if you see them side by side, Llorente is 22cm taller,if that wont end any debate about who the Cf is and who the SS is, Llorente's inability to perform Tevez's dribblin is...
The CFs are staying around the opposition box, playing as target men, they dont dribble much, Tevez is the kind of players that respect their 10...
his actions on the pitch dont agree much, with the claim that he thinks himself as a Cf...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well Conte doesnt and he uses him as a SS and Llorente as the CF... if you see them side by side, Llorente is 22cm taller,if that wont end any debate about who the Cf is, Llorente's inability to perform Tevez's dribblin is...
We play with two CFs, which is typical for a 3-5-2, otherwise if you play one he becomes isolated. Just because Tevez often drops off to take the ball and is shorter (wtf?) it doesn't mean he's not playing as a CF.

If you watch the games very often the ball is being fed directly into feet with both strikers collecting the ball on the edge of the area. On counter attacks both Tevez and Llorente drop deep to pick up the ball.

Of course Llorente's height and attributes allow him to play as a classic target man, and Tevez's dribbling and incredible stamina allows him to work as a second striker, but tactically they are not restricted to that.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

exactly

25M in 5 installments would be absolutely feasible. Considering payroll is going down with Quag/Vuci/Osvaldo.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We play with two CFs, which is typical for a 3-5-2, otherwise if you play one he becomes isolated. Just because Tevez often drops off to take the ball and is shorter (wtf?) it doesn't mean he's not playing as a CF.

If you watch the games very often the ball is being fed directly into feet with both strikers collecting the ball on the edge of the area. On counter attacks both Tevez and Llorente drop deep to pick up the ball.

Of course Llorente's height and attributes allow him to play as a classic target man, and Tevez's dribbling and incredible stamina allows him to work as a second striker, but tactically they are not restricted to that.
they are and thats why we prefer to loan Osvaldo, rather than field Vucinic or Giovinco...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)