The Financial Situation (24 Viewers)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I found this on Skysport site

Real head rich list

Seven Premier League clubs in top 20

Last updated: 12th February 2009

Real Madrid remained at the head of football's richest list beating Manchester United to top spot.

Accounting firm Deloitte produce an annual list of turnover in football and Madrid are again on top of the pile, although the strength of the Euro against Sterling is the main reason they stayed ahead of European champions United.

The list sees seven Premier League clubs included, whilst Scottish giants Celtic drop out of top 20 along with Valencia and Werder Bremen.

"If the exchange rate value of the pound had not depreciated, there would have been nine, rather than seven English clubs in the top 20 and Manchester United would have topped the Money League ahead of Real Madrid," said Dan Jones, partner in the Sports business group at Deloitte.

Real saw their revenues rise by four per cent to £328million, whilst United saw their turnover up 21 per cent to £291million.

The list, which was completely made up of European clubs, with England leading the way with their seven. Germany and Italy have four each, whilst there are just two from Spain and France.

Turkey's Fenerbahce also make the top 20 for the first time.

List in full

1. Real Madrid, Spain, €365.8 million

2. Manchester United, England, €324.8 million.

3. Barcelona, Spain, €308.8 million.

4. Bayern Munich, Germany, €295.3 million.

5. Chelsea, England, €268.9 million.

6. Arsenal, England, €264.4 million.

7. Liverpool, England, €210.9 million.

8. AC Milan, Italy, €209.5 million.

9. AS Roma, Italy, €175.4 million.

10. Inter Milan, Italy, €172.9 million.

11. Juventus, Italy, €167.5 million.

12. Lyon, France, €155.7 million.

13. Schalke, Germany, €148.4 million.

14. Tottenham, England, €145 million.

15. Hamburg, Germany, 127.9 million.

16. Marseille, France, €126.8 million.

17. Newcastle, England, €125.6 million.

18. Stuttgart, Germany, €111.5 million.

19. Fenerbahce, Turkey, €111.3 million.

20. Manchester City, England, €104 million.

what do you think guys?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I didnt know Roma were that rich, i thought Milan and pukey face were dominating in Italy.
That list is the club's turnover, not how much money they have.

Fact is, the company that owns Roma is massively in debt and Inter have Moratti. That is where the difference in their spending power comes from.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That list is the club's turnover, not how much money they have.

Fact is, the company that owns Roma is massively in debt and Inter have Moratti. That is where the difference in their spending power comes from.
Same thing for Liverpool. They've got a huge debt.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Inch'Allah is what I always say. And then I tend to cry Allah Akbar 23 times or so. Makes me feel pretty damn good about myself.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Even as "champions" of Italy, and with CL, the difference between us and Inter is only €5.4m. Were going to rise next season, and once the stadium is done, rise even more.

Mar 24, 2006
Manshitty could easily jump over Madrid considering with their new unlimited Money with their Rich Sheikh now ,

and weren't we were the Richest Club in Italy past years ago ? even richer than merda and Berlusconi ? CMIIW ,
pretty ridiculous , almost bankrupt Roma also richer than us :crazy:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Its not the richest list as u think Albert... Its the income... Roma had more income than us, but their parent company has more debts... same case with Liverpool...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)