The Financial Situation (55 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Are the taxes included in this?

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw it is.

It was an awesome result... the jump in 2 years is of additional 130M revenue.. Juventus practically doubled the revenue in 2 years.

This is due to 2 very new aspects: Stadium (1st jump) and CL money (2nd jump).

Now I really don't see how this result can be improved next year, without depending on passing on to CL latter stages, on capitalizing from Exor or on spending less money in transfers.

It's more about globalizing the brand (which is still very much Italian) and marketing. Now Agnelli and the executives will have to do some magic.

- - - Updated - - -

If we had this revenue last year, we'd be the 7th top club in the world in terms of revenue, with 280m.

1st - Madrid - 513M
2nd - Barca - 483M
3rd - Manchester United - 395M
4th - Bayern - 368M
5th - Chelsea - 322M
6th - Arsenal - 285,6M
7th - Man City - 285M
8th - JUVENTUS - 280M
9th - Milan - 256M
10th - Liverpool - 233M
11th - Dortmund - 189M

So I'm taking the 2011-12 results and inserting Juventus 2012-2013 results in there.

AC Milan had a huge revenue because of the sales of Ibrahimovic and Silva for whom they got almost 65M. So it's an exceptional situation.

Also we have oil clubs like Chelsea and City who obviously have huge sponsors in a way to mask the absurd amount of money thrown by the owners. Let's say we are not competing with these guys because they "cheat". They get money in a different way.

So the REAL LIST would be:

1st - Madrid - 513M
2nd - Barca - 483M
3rd - Manchester United - 395M
4th - Bayern - 368M
5th - Arsenal - 285,6M
6th - JUVENTUS - 280M
7th - Liverpool - 233M
8th - Dortmund - 189M

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
gotta see the new results. But if we could reach a Bayern/Manchester level it would be beautiful. The Spanish clubs have a lot benefits in their league, so it's a different game for them. They get more than 50M more in terms of TV money for the domestic league. They also pay less taxes than in Italy. Actually all the other 3 top leagues, the clubs pay less taxes than in Italy.

I think the sponsorship plays an important card here. Juventus sponsorship is almost half of what these 5th first clubs make.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that in the 2012/2013 results Juve will be in 6th or 7th. The quest will be to reach top 5...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That was one good analysis but we should wait for final results as those are only projections. Some deviation +-10M is always possible. What I don't like is that we'll be dependent on CL money for many years to come. Skipping one edition of CL and we could be in problems again. I posted my predicaments somewhere here and I guess I wasn't far off. Between 266-276M is what I expected.

- - - Updated - - -

So they published the half years report with notes. I'll look into it as I have some spare time now.

- - - Updated - - -

It was an awesome result... the jump in 2 years is of additional 130M revenue.. Juventus practically doubled the revenue in 2 years.

This is due to 2 very new aspects: Stadium (1st jump) and CL money (2nd jump).
And more money from sponsors ( not just main sponsor but also commercials and jersey sales )

Now I really don't see how this result can be improved next year, without depending on passing on to CL latter stages, on capitalizing from Exor or on spending less money in transfers.

It's more about globalizing the brand (which is still very much Italian) and marketing. Now Agnelli and the executives will have to do some magic.
This cannot influence Income statement as direct payments from owners aren't considered as income. But you are going in a right direction with globalization of a brand.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
gotta see the new results. But if we could reach a Bayern/Manchester level it would be beautiful. The Spanish clubs have a lot benefits in their league, so it's a different game for them. They get more than 50M more in terms of TV money for the domestic league. They also pay less taxes than in Italy. Actually all the other 3 top leagues, the clubs pay less taxes than in Italy.

I think the sponsorship plays an important card here. Juventus sponsorship is almost half of what these 5th first clubs make.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that in the 2012/2013 results Juve will be in 6th or 7th. The quest will be to reach top 5...
To reach the Bayern/United level, you need international exposure. And the only way to do that is doing well in the Champions League while having more "big name" players. Our team has a lot but we lack that 1 or 2 players who are marketable around the world. Getting someone like Suarez or Ibrahimovic would be a good start to attract the rest of the world. Whether we like it or not, the random football fan outside of Italy won't watch Juventus unless they have some big name player who can get them to take interest in our team.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
globalization of brand is what juve is prone at, apart from the league reputation we also have and could very well will again have to deal with attack from enemies within italy.

global brands could easily think twice due to our image due to calciopoli and all other accusations and all the consequences... you see, it's painful for us fans but the fact that we need to thoroughly explain the whole 29 vs 31 scudetti to anyone else who don't understand is precisely what have the potential to turn away business partners; you just feel insecure at doing business with someone who have legal problems.

there was that media report -whether or not you believe it is another matter- about van persie ultimately reject us due to conte's ban, if a player can do that, who knows what juve's potential business partner will think or do?

or maybe I just worry too much... but looking at the top 5 clubs and where do they get their revenues, this concern doesn't seem far fetched, especially when you hear the kind of news that arsenal who's been doing nothing for 8 years can get a very lucrative deal with foreign corporation.

sigh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)