The ENGLAND thread (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
well, we deserve one, don't we! Topics to be discussed including 'should Shearer return' 'what to do on the left side''why is Campbell playing''who should play with Owen''who should be captain' etc

----------------------------------------------

About the Shearer thing, I have to admit I was taken in by the media and actually believed it to be true. I would have absolutely loved him to return, he's in the best form for many years, scoring cracking goals along the way. Putting him up with Owen would be superb, and he always gives 100% for the shirt, unlike quite a few other names I could mention.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
shearer : nice idea, but wrong for him... he did his time

left : gareth barry

campbell : who knows the guy is fecking useless and a liability

owen : he should be dropped as well

We should go to a back 3 with , woodgate, rio and terry imo

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Not a fan of Owen myself but I see very few alternatives though I do like the look of Rooney

Jeffers is useless why he was capped is beyond me, Defoe is far better imo

I do agree on Shearer not coming back as the press who have been given him 7 or 8 no matter how well or otherwise he plays will turn on him in a hear beat if anything goes wrong

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I think Shearer should return to the team and his partner upfront should be someone of the likes of Beattie or Rooney.

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    shearer : nice idea, but wrong for him... he did his time
    Yep, its wrong for him, in that it will probably bring with it large pressures which could well affect his Newcastle form, and with it, the clubs form as a whole. However I don't really believe there is anyone better. Heskey is a liability, he just doesn't score enough goals to be considered. If Beattie plays like this for say another season (gains consistency rather than being hot or cold) he could lead the line with owen.

left : gareth barry
    Personally I like the idea of trying the Bridge/Cole partnership. I would not really know which way to do it, but it should be pursued a bit more. Barry has been Villa's best player this year at left mid, but I can't shake the feeling that he is really a centre back, and am unsure if he could deliver internationally. There's also Thompson from Celtic who impresses me when I see him play. He IS English isn't he?

campbell : who knows the guy is fecking useless and a liability
    :D totally!

owen : he should be dropped as well
    That depends on what form he is on, but if you drop Owen, then who do you play instead?

We should go to a back 3 with , woodgate, rio and terry imo
    I would love to see this, I really would, it would also see the end of Gary Neville (applause). Can't see it happening though, we always play a back 4! Also I would personally make Woodgate captain. I reckon he is captain material, and our best centre back.

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Jeffers is useless why he was capped is beyond me, Defoe is far better imo
    Yes, Jermaine Defoe has far more talent than Jeffers. The fact that Defoe was playing every week, and Jeffers was a bit part player but still selected, is beyond me, and just goes to show the big club bias that Sven has.

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    I think Shearer should return to the team and his partner upfront should be someone of the likes of Beattie or Rooney.
    No Owen? Personally I don't think Rooney should be included yet, he hasn't done enough to Merit an England starting place. Owen is still the number one choice, when on form he is brilliant.

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #9
    Yes, but where to play him is the problem, and to get him to play to his potential for the NT, which he hasn't done yet!

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ----------------kirkland/robinson-----------
    --nevile:yuck:--terry----rio------cole/bridge
    --becks--------scholes----dyer---barry/bridge
    ----------------owen------beattie;)-----------

one for the future
    -------------robinson/kirkland-----------
    -------terry------rio-----woodgate------
    ---becks-------------------------bridge/cole/barry
    ------------dyer----jenas-----joe cole
    -------------owen---beattie/rooney

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Hey! A thread about our Western Neighbours, finally! :thumb:

Say, does anyone know how the Cudicini thing is going? Is he going to get an English passport or...?

PS. Beattie in the NT would be niiice, DJ ;)

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #12
    Erik, last thing I heard Cudicini laughed off the suggestions, so that appears to be a non-starter. He said his goal is to be Italy's number one in a recent daily telegraph interview so that settles it really.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Oh damn, that was not exactly the outcome I had hoped for ... thanks for the info anway!

Well, that leaves Seaman, Kirkland, Robinson, James and Martin as serious options, doesn't it? I personally like James if only he could manage to control his temper...

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Personally, Dyer, heskey, owen , seaman, campball have no or little place in my NT

Kirkland keeps

Terry, Rio, Woodgate back 3

Becks, Barry on the flanks

Gerard and **** CM

Scholes in the hole

Beatie and Smith up front

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #15
    assuming **** means butt :D

then most of your team is cool with me, though I'm not sure how that strikeforce would ezactly complement each other. Beattie could hold the ball up and probably score at International level (certainly more than heskey anyhow)

not sure if Smith is the best partner for him, I don't reckon they would work too well together, both being rather similar in my view when played up front. Owen although his form is tempremental should definitely be in the team IMO, as he has such amazing pace and dribbling ability when on song, that he could cause even the best countires problems.

Dyer IMO is a brilliant player, but obviously he should not be in the current 4-4-2 ahead of Gerrard or Scholes. Changing to a 3-4-1-2 like you say frees up a space for him, IMo we should keep the Scholes - Butt midfield and give Dyer a free role behind the strikers, preferably Beattie/Smith with Owen.

BAck three and keeper, no arguments at all, though down to personal preference I would go for Robinson over Kirkland.

Barry is probably the best option on the left, and he's doing well there, so he should be given at least a few games there by Sven.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, I don't follow the English NT or the EPL that often but here is my say on the previously argued debates.

Between the two posts should be Robinson, with Kirkland as 2nd choice.

The back 3 (Rio, Terry, Woodgate) earlier proposed by Shadow is ideal since all England have to offer at right back is that comedian of a football player Gary Neville, and Becks, Gerrard and Scholes are necesities in midfield.

Upfront would be Beattie and an on form Owen/Smith.

Here is my starting lineup: (3-4-1-2) Robinson - Terry,Ferdinand,Woodgate - Beckham,Gerrard,Butt/Scholes,Barry - Scholes/Dyer - Beattie,Owen

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    england are rebuilding new team and sven Eriksson should stay on one formation with certainally fewer changes ,,,,,
    he already tried the whole epl players and this is a crime every english player now is an international and sub in his team !!!

let us assume regular 4-4-2 formation :

fOR GK position he must stick with 2 option no more changes and that must be James ( Robinson ).

Right defender : G.neville , (mills)

left defender : Cole , (bridge)

Central defenders : rio (campel) , terry (woodgate if he is regular with newcastle ).

right midfield : beckham (dyer).

central midfielders : gerrard (jenas) , scholes (butt)

Left midfield : Big problrm and forget about crap hergreevs ( sinclair will cover till new star will arise)

stricker : Beatie ( heskey ) , owen ( smith) forget about jeffers and vassel they don't desrve to play for como :D

this will give us this formation

------------------------------- james
    G.neville------------ rio ------------ terry -------- cole
    beckham ---------- gerrard ------- scholes ----- sinclair
    --------------------- beatie ---- owen

he must stick on this formation without any changes unless anyone is injured even if one of the players lost his form he must give him confidence .

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    assuming **** means butt :D

Dyer IMO is a brilliant player, but obviously he should not be in the current 4-4-2 ahead of Gerrard or Scholes. Changing to a 3-4-1-2 like you say frees up a space for him, IMo we should keep the Scholes - Butt midfield and give Dyer a free role behind the strikers, preferably Beattie/Smith with Owen.

BAck three and keeper, no arguments at all, though down to personal preference I would go for Robinson over Kirkland.

Barry is probably the best option on the left, and he's doing well there, so he should be given at least a few games there by Sven.
    It didnt mean Butt... but thats another story

I agree dyer is great but for england becks is far more important and personally im not convinced by him anywhere other than the right.... for me maybe our super sub

Barry IMO is highly under rated, a great player and by far the best left sided player in the premiership this season.

Jul 28, 2002
    well i have to agree wiv paul on this one...completly, no arguements......barry shud play on that left flank, but maybe a.cole or bridge cud also do a job there.

Leaving us wiv hargreaves, j.cole, danny murphy(class player imo) ready in the midfield

if only sven wud play the 3-2-3-1-2 formation:down:

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #20
    well sven has named yet again his england squad. Notable emissions are barry and beattie, also joe cole misses out.

Included are heskey, jeffers, and james is unbelievably his first choice goalie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)