The ENGLAND thread (3 Viewers)

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #22
    kirkland is tops, but injured, paul robinson is even better and he is likely gonna sit on the bench, wheres calamity james will keep in important games. Why Sven, why?

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes, Robinson is good but Sven probably thinks he lacks expirience. I've heard good things about Kirkland, shame he plays for Liverpool as I usually avoid watching them - unless I need a good nights sleep.

PS: Why hasn't Le Saux been called upon?

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #24
    Personally I would have le saux in the squad, only as a backup mind, but still in there. Barry should play left side as everyone has said.

I don't think he lacks experience..he's played against teams in the Cl, and many premiership games. He had no concerns playing rooney remember so experience is no excuse.

haha yeah, Liverpool are a great cure for insomnia you know :D

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #30
    well put it this way

if jeffers played for southampton and had only scored 4 goals all season, would he be in the squad?

if beattie had played for arsenal and scored 20 goals all season would he be in?

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Eriksson has just proved he is only interested in clubs in the top half 5 teams as apart from a very select few all the players are from Arsenal, Man u, Liverpool, chelsea and Newcastle

I am no fan at all of Beattie but he has scored 20 league goals while Jeffers has done little except dive about and he is not played that much but because he plays for Arsenal , he is there ditto for Heskey , whats wrong with Defoe, I think he has had a fantastic 2 seasons in a struggling team , at that age , he has done wonders this season

Who Knows if Russell Hoult would have been there if he kept in goal for Arsenal as he has outperformed Richard Wright imo

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Personally I would have le saux in the squad , only as a backup mind, but still in there. Barry should play left side as everyone has said.

I don't think he lacks experience..he's played against teams in the Cl, and many premiership games. He had no concerns playing rooney remember so experience is no excuse.

haha yeah, Liverpool are a great cure for insomnia you know :D

this would be a crime including le saux powel even better

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #33
    Chris Powell better than graeme Le Saux? i can't see it somehow!

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #35
    in my england, bridge would not be close to the team. Ashley cole is decent, but I'd play a back three anyway, so I'm not sure he would fit in. Cole, Le Saux and Barry are probably the only viable options for left mid.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Fans clash with police

Police in Zurich used rubber bullets and teargas to disperse rampaging English soccer fans on Friday ahead of England's European Championship qualifier against Liechtenstein in nearby Vaduz. Follow Saturday's LIVE action at 18:30 CET on eurosport.com.

Drunken brawling led to five supporters being injured, including three who suffered gunshot wounds and two who were stabbed, police said. All were admitted to local hospitals.

The authorities said they did not know how the five came to receive their injuries, and urged anyone who saw people with firearms or knives to report to the police.

Police said they arrested 25 fans after they hurled bottles and stones at police, damaged property and fought in the street.

England are due to play the tiny Alpine principality of Liechtenstein in Vaduz, about 100 km (60 miles) from Zurich, on Saturday evening.

While police have said that fans without tickets should stay at home, more than 5,000 England supporters are expected to make the trip -- far more than the 900 allocated tickets.

The Alpine country, fearing hooliganism and anti-war demonstrations, has been gearing up for one of the biggest security operations in its history and is expected to draft in extra police backup from England, Switzerland and Austria.

Taken from www.eurosport.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Campbell ruled out

England defender Sol Campbell has been ruled out of their Euro 2004 qualifier in Liechtenstein on Saturday by an Achilles injury, the FA said. Campbell, who has been carrying the injury all month, will join the England training camp in the hope of facing Turkey the following Wednesday.

"He is not travelling to Liechtenstein," an FA spokesman said on Thursday. "Sven decided that he should stay here and carry on with his recovery. But he will report for duty on Sunday in the northeast."

Campbell's place alongside Rio Ferdinand is likely to go to Jonathan Woodgate, although Gareth Southgate and John Terry, looking for his first England cap, are available as alternatives.

No new players will be called up into Eriksson's original squad of 25.

Taken from www.eurosport.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    England Starting Lineup: James - Neville,Southgate,Ferdinand,Bridge - Beckham,Gerrard,Scholes,Dyer - Owen,Heskey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)