.....:::THE EIGHTIES:::..... (1 Viewer)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by McFarlando ] ++
madonna sucks.

Thank god nirvana came along and killed that madonna jacko period.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

But if you're going to talk about what musical period Nirvana (God Bless Them) killed, that would be, in no particular order:

Dokken
Poison
Ratt
Motley Crue
Warrant
Slaughter
Vixen
Stryper
White Lion
Britny Fox
Any Hair Band that was around in the 80's

Madonna seemed to do just fine after Nirvana came and went.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
the hair bands were already starting to die by the time nirvana came.

people got sick of listening to glam rock stars singing about sex and everything we dont have.

Dont get me wrong btw, im a big fan of 80s music.

I just mean there was a time before nirvana when all there was, was madonna and jacko.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I love this one too!
And she had so many good songs in 90's: Take a bow, Frozen, Beautiful stranger.

My list of her best songs:
Take a bow
Express Yourself
cherish
like a prayer
papa don't preach
open your heart
la isla bonita
like a virgin
material girl
(stolen from Tom's list :angel:)
Take A Bow is very sweet, good video clip too :angel:

La Isla Bonita, my fav too ;)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
the hair bands were already starting to die by the time nirvana came.

people got sick of listening to glam rock stars singing about sex and everything we dont have.

Dont get me wrong btw, im a big fan of 80s music.

I just mean there was a time before nirvana when all there was, was madonna and jacko.

Dude, I'm 34.

I remember the 80's and all its trappings very well.

I also remember the mid-to-late 70's as well.

And no "oh, you mean the 1880's don't you?" wisecracks from any of you kiddies, either.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
so what?
You remember the 80s and mid-to-late 70s well? What does this have to do with nirvana time?
You dont have to be 34 to know about 80s and 70s music. Ive been listening to 70s and 80s music since i was a kid, i would say i know pretty much to. Please dont always assume that you know more cos your older, that kinda thing annoys me. Anyways thats not the point.

Point is. I remember the nirvana time very well. Of course if you liked the hair rock, and u live in america, then obviously you can find the concerts etc. But i was talking about mainstream. 80s music had gone from being everything to dying off. Jacko and madonna were all that was important.

What i SAID before was "Thank god nirvana came along and killed that madonna jacko period"

Thats true and thats all i mean.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
so what?
You remember the 80s and mid-to-late 70s well? What does this have to do with nirvana time?
You dont have to be 34 to know about 80s and 70s music. Ive been listening to 70s and 80s music since i was a kid, i would say i know pretty much to. Please dont always assume that you know more cos your older, that kinda thing annoys me. Anyways thats not the point.

Point is. I remember the nirvana time very well. Of course if you liked the hair rock, and u live in america, then obviously you can find the concerts etc. But i was talking about mainstream. 80s music had gone from being everything to dying off. Jacko and madonna were all that was important.

What i SAID before was "Thank god nirvana came along and killed that madonna jacko period"

Thats true and thats all i mean.

Whoa Whoa WHOAAAAAAAA.............................................

There is NO need to get jumpy, here.

Where do you get off saying that I assumed that I know more than you??

I never said that, nor did I ever imply that.

All I was saying, that at my age, I got to see the destruction of a joke of a music scene firsthand, and I found it quite enjoyable. I never once insinuated that I know more about music than you.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I do know more about it than you.

I just never said it. Until Now ;):D:

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
just as i expected. You picked that part out and didnt even comment on what we are supposed to be trying to discuss here.

forget it

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
just as i expected. You picked that part out and didnt even comment on what we are supposed to be trying to discuss here.

forget it
yeah, let's say we forget it.

I tried to joke around with you at the bottom of my response, but you obviously have the humor of a dying turtle.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
sure

fact is you made a stupid post about nothing in relation to what i was saying. I tried to figure out what you are trying to say but you have interest in explaining. Thats why i said forget it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Look, let's just get past this and talk music like sensible adults.

It's pretty obvious that we both know quite a bit about it.

Agreed??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)