The Dreamers' religious discussion thread. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
What do you prefer? To get together with a woman that has slept with tons of guys before you, a woman that lived together with other men for years, and then marry her OR fall in love with a girl that has been saving herself for you and marry her?

I guess it doesn't work like that in all cases, but point is, marriage has a reason.
Works for the Americans. Well, half the time, anyway.

Marriage has three reasons: it's a legal contract which establishes certain rights for two people (visitation rights in hospital, tax status, various rights in the event of death of one of the two, etc.), it's a social construct which offers a stable family unit for childrearing, and it's a tool of religious control of sex.

OP
Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #163
    Marriage is declaring your love to the world. What do you prefer? To get together with a woman that has slept with tons of guys before you, a woman that lived together with other men for years, and then marry her OR fall in love with a girl that has been saving herself for you and marry her?

I guess it doesn't work like that in all cases, but point is, marriage has a reason.
    I don't feel like I need to declare my love to the world. I don't feel it necessary for others to declare their love for someone to me, who's part of this world.

When I find the girl I love, those questions will be irrelevant to me.
    Why is the sky blue?
    The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

Now answer my question. Or should I say our questions.

Jul 23, 2010
    Religions have failed to make their followers any better than other people. They have failed to make better societies, better places to live. Even if it's people's fault who don't follow their religions correctly, it is still a failure for religion which has turned to a very personal matter rather than a social one on the contrary to its initial purpose.
    That is hypocrisy at its best. For all I know you're just trying to release the burden off yourself. You just said it's not religions fault! It is the people who made it... why should anyone else take the blame? the Alfred Nobel created the bomb to discover mines, is it his fault people used it to kill each other?

Don't you ever look around you, and wonder what is happening in the world? Do you think all these wars are just for this life? Do you think Israel and the US just woke up one day and decided to attack some Arab countries?

Gabriel

Killed By Death
    May 23, 2010
    That is hypocrisy at its best. For all I know you're just trying to release the burden off yourself. You just said it's not religions fault! It is the people who made it... why should anyone else take the blame? the Alfred Nobel created the bomb to discover mines, is it his fault people used it to kill each other?

Don't you ever look around you, and wonder what is happening in the world? Do you think all these wars are just for this life? Do you think Israel and the US just woke up one day and decided to attack some Arab countries?
    Religion actually, has killed more people through history than anything else.

Jul 23, 2010
    There is no such thing as good and evil, It's all subjective.
    In religion there is ;)

Well what you said is partly true. But it's not the action that matters, it's what your intention before doing it.

Works for the Americans. Well, half the time, anyway.

Marriage has three reasons: it's a legal contract which establishes certain rights for two people (visitation rights in hospital, tax status, various rights in the event of death of one of the two, etc.), it's a social construct which offers a stable family unit for childrearing, and it's a tool of religious control of sex.
    Alright. People should fuck like animals and mate with whomever they see first. Prostitution should be encouraged.

Religion is evil, men are GOOOOOOD.

Jul 23, 2010
    Religion actually, has killed more people through history than anything else.
    EXACTLY!

Everything in this life is BASED ON religion. All the wars are BECAUSE OF religion. Do you know what your avatar is? Look it up, it's the symbol of the secret society that was founded ages ago by a bunch of Americans. One of the creators was Bush (a really old one :D)

Why does Israel insist on envading Palastine instead of living anywhere else? Why did England give it to them? Why is the US at war with Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Iran's next?

Jul 23, 2010
    Now answer my question. Or should I say our questions.
    I just answered your old questions in the last page. The other questions, I don't feel the need to discuss them. Do I look like the kind of guy who has all the answers in the world? Is that possible for any human anyway? Let's try to keep this topic alive by NOT asking questions you know no one has an answer to.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
    May 23, 2010
    EXACTLY!

Everything in this life is BASED ON religion. All the wars are BECAUSE OF religion. Do you know what your avatar is? Look it up, it's the symbol of the secret society that was founded ages ago by a bunch of Americans. One of the creators was Bush (a really old one :D)

Why does Israel insist on envading Palastine instead of living anywhere else? Why did England give it to them? Why is the US at war with Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Iran's next?
    Oh boy :sergio:

How is that all those wars were based on religion makes it a good thing?

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #172
    Freedom without limits could and would cause havoc.
    OK. Then why don't you set your own limits rather than believe in the limits set by some invisible man? Wouldn't you believe it more since you have justifications for your own decisions?
    Because I believe in it.
    OK.
    Oh really? So if something is "not obvious" means I shouldn't bother? Couldn't it mean that it's worth the extra effort in the end?
    No. You should bother by evaluating how you can be purposeful for this world.
    How do you KNOW that it is false? Do you really buy the BULLSHIT that people are just born when their parents decide to have sex, then they live for a while on planet earth, and then die. THAT'S IT? Are you really that shallow that you don't care or believe that there might be more?
    I know that it's not true cos it is unproven. I'd rather buy that bullshit than the bullshit that religion is spewing out.
    All I know is that no man can ever imagine it or think of it, and that it is the highest level of pleasure forever. You get to rest in heaven forever and get what you want whenever you want and enjoy EVERYTHING forever.

On the other hand, in hell you'll get to burn forever if you weren't a believer. If you were a believer, but your sins amassed your good deeds, then you will be tortured until its balanced out and then you can go to heaven.
    You don't "know" it. You just blindly believe it in the hope that it is true and that you'll be rewarded in the end. You're unable to find a purpose for yourself on your own. Thus you choose the easy way out and find a purpose through religion. A purpose that is unproven.
    First of all you need to believe in God or else you'll go straight to hell. Now, if you believe in God, then you'll be judged upon your acts. There is only good deeds and sins. There are certain things you are asked to do, like prayers, and some things you are prohibited of, like drinking and having sex outside marriage. Everything is basically qualified to good and bad. If something is not prohibited in religion then it is not considered a sin. In the end everything you do in life is calculated and if your good deeds are more than your sins then you'll go to heaven. If your sins are more but you are a believer, then you'll be tortured in hell for a while and then go to heaven.
    :lol: Seriously, I'd definitely buy the 'people are just born when their parents decide to have sex' bullshit than the one you're trying to sell.

Jul 23, 2010
    Not YOUR avatar, but the famous picture of a human dead skull.

Oh boy :sergio:

How is that all those wars were based on religion makes it a good thing?
    It means that these people used their minds and are way smarter than the ones who decided to buy (or create) the theory that we are just born and then die and it's that simple.

It means that there is only one correct religion, which in the end will prevail.

America and it's carefully plotted system has succedeed in brain washing most of you I see.

Jul 23, 2010
    OK. Then why don't you set your own limits rather than believe in the limits set by some invisible man? Wouldn't you believe it more since you have justifications for your own decisions?

OK.

No. You should bother by evaluating how you can be purposeful for this world.

I know that it's not true cos it is unproven. I'd rather buy that bullshit than the bullshit that religion is spewing out.

You don't "know" it. You just blindly believe it in the hope that it is true and that you'll be rewarded in the end. You're unable to find a purpose for yourself on your own. Thus you choose the easy way out and find a purpose through religion. A purpose that is unproven.

:lol: Seriously, I'd definitely buy the 'people are just born when their parents decide to have sex' bullshit than the one you're trying to sell.
    It's a matter of preference then...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Alright. People should fuck like animals and mate with whomever they see first. Prostitution should be encouraged.

Religion is evil, men are GOOOOOOD.
    People should do no harm to others. Rape, something which has been observed in nature, does harm and is illegal and unsupported by any atheist I've ever met. Prostitution, also observed in nature, also illegal, is more borderline, but is often argued against on the grounds that many of the women involved in the trade are coerced. It's legal in a number of places, however, and hasn't brought a great flood on, say, the Netherlands just yet. Consensual sex between adults doesn't bother me. If harm is done, it's done to themselves.

Religion is control, and, for better or worse, men are men.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
    May 23, 2010
    Not YOUR avatar, but the famous picture of a human dead skull.

It means that these people used their minds and are way smarter than the ones who decided to buy (or create) the theory that we are just born and then die and it's that simple.

It means that there is only one correct religion, which in the end will prevail.America and it's carefully plotted system has succedeed in brain washing most of you I see.
    So let's say if hitler had succeded in eradicating the jews, that would've proved he was right, right?

My avatar hardly has the characteristics of a human skull, btw.

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #177
    I just answered your old questions in the last page. The other questions, I don't feel the need to discuss them. Do I look like the kind of guy who has all the answers in the world? Is that possible for any human anyway? Let's try to keep this topic alive by NOT asking questions you know no one has an answer to.
    You yourself are asking a question that no one has a definitive answer to. The "answer" that religion provides is more of a theory. An unproven theory. A theory that no logical, rational man will have any reason to believe in.

Jul 23, 2010
    People should do no harm to others. Rape, something which has been observed in nature, does harm and is illegal and unsupported by any atheist I've ever met. Prostitution, also observed in nature, also illegal, is more borderline, but is often argued against on the grounds that many of the women involved in the trade are coerced. It's legal in a number of places, however, and hasn't brought a great flood on, say, the Netherlands just yet. Consensual sex between adults doesn't bother me. If harm is done, it's done to themselves.

Religion is control, and, for better or worse, men are men.
    Ok, between adults. But what about teenagers who fuck since they pass puberty? Girls who lose their virginity when they're 13 at parties?

Religion sets rules that if everyone follows their will be no problems. Sadly, most people don't, therefore there is problems. Men are limited and full of flaws, therefore can't judge well. God is perfect and flawless, that's why he gave us a set of rules to follow.

Don't you trust your parents? Trust your boss? Trust those who know more than you? Why can't you trust God?

So let's say if hitler had succeded in eradicating the jews, that would've proved he was right, right?

My avatar hardly has the characteristics of a human skull, btw.
    He would have surely gone a long way...

Ok.

You yourself are asking a question that no one has a definitive answer to. The "answer" that religion provides is more of a theory. An unproven theory. A theory that no logical, rational man will have any reason to believe in.
    That's your opinion and I respect it, however I don't agree with it.

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #180
    It means that there is only one correct religion, which in the end will prevail.

America and it's carefully plotted system has succedeed in brain washing most of you I see.
    What if you live to find out that that one correct religion is not the one you believe in? Would you be pissed at God for misleading you?

Religion and its carefully plotted non-sense has brainwashed you too, I'm afraid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)