The discard list (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
OK guys(and gals),

This season has taken a complete turn for the worse, and you know that Moggi and company HAVE to do something come June regarding our team.

Here is a list of "players" that we should hand over to the goodwill :

MONTERO
FERRARA
IULIANO
PESSOTTO
BIRINDELLI
CONTE
APPIAH
LEGROTAGLIE

and here are some other "players" under consideration:

DEL PIERO
TREZEGUET
DI VAIO
CAMORANESI
THURAM
TACCHINARDI

The second set of players I mentioned should be looked at towards possible loan moves or just to free up some money to buy more effective players

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    we have discussed this over and over again.

and imo give a chance to appiah
    How many chances does Appiah need ???

He proves week after week that he doesnt even know how to pass the ball correctly

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I agree with most of your choices Vinman, and I probably wouldn't hesitate to sell the players named (including the second list). The only things stopping me from condoning such drastic changes are the hisharmony such a makeover could cause, and the unavailability of suitable replacements

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    yeah. di vaio after iuliano, montero and ferrara must be in the first list ;)....he doesnt deserve to play in juve...saviola is better.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    I think it's easier to write on who should stay instead. the numbers seem smaller :D

word. players can have bad seasons and i think the bad form of the players will pass.

MONTERO*
    FERRARA*
    IULIANO*
    PESSOTTO*
    BIRINDELLI*
    CONTE*
    APPIAH
    LEGROTAGLIE

all the players with asterisks should have been sold a season or two ago. the remnant should have been gradually phased out over the course of 2 seasons.

appiah and legrottaglie both do put in pretty average performances, but i say its down to the team.

DEL PIERO
    TREZEGUET
    DI VAIO
    CAMORANESI
    THURAM
    TACCHINARDI

of these players di vaio is my only concern, having shown nothing of himself at parma.

other concerns:

TUDOR

he seems to get injured getting out of bed in the morning.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

How many chances does Appiah need ???

He proves week after week that he doesnt even know how to pass the ball correctly
    That is very true... but I have changed by attitude about Appiah- he should not be sold, rather, sit on the bench for a couple of months- this will make him try harder in practice and improve.

As for players to sell- I'd sell Trezeguet to Barca, Thuram to Chelsea, Tudor to Ajax in an exchange.

Conte, Del Piero, Ferrara, Iuliano may retire in the club if they want to, but their salaries will be cut in half.

And MONTERO can be GIVEN OUT FOR FREE!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    The young ones we should keep because they still have a chance to prove themselves next season. DP and Tachi shouldn't be there, we all know their capabalities when they're top form

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    definates:
    montero, iuliano, pessotto, di vaio, zalayeta, olivera (leaving anyway)

possibles:
    nedved (cash), trez (cash) thuram (cash), birindelli, conte, tacchinardi (we can do better)

also, we have a few young players like M.Vieri and Rigoni and others like Zanchi, if he is still owned by us. might as well cash them in also. and that goes for the others out there who havent got a chance of returning to the club.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    the biggest concern now is our defence.. so, first things first.. as soon as the season ends, we should release montero.. sell Iuliano, pessotto & tudor.. I should keep thuram.. play him as a CB starting from next season and get a new RB or LB.. Legro?? let give him another chance..

in midifeild, I say we keep appiah.. he got some potentials.. he need some guidance.. Tacchi can still give.. Conte should be released.. Camoranesi, I say sell him.. he's too individual and I see him spoiling our team work.. and sucks against big clubs..
    Nedved, there is still 1 or 2 seasons left in him.

Attack: I think it is time to sell DP like it was when we sold Baggio.. Trez can be sold for the proper amount of cash or replaced with a high quality striker.. but, I don't mind if he stays.. Di Vaio, I don't blame him for his poor performance..

we still have loaned players out there, that can be sold or brought back..

Salas, Zalayeta, Fresi should be sold/released..

and let's use some Primavera players.. not necessarly in the starting 11, but as back-up players first and then, why not, use them as a 1st team players..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++

That is very true... but I have changed by attitude about Appiah- he should not be sold, rather, sit on the bench for a couple of months- this will make him try harder in practice and improve.
    Yeah, it'll also do wonders for his fitness and confidence :thumb:

:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)