The CL last 4 teams (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
AC Milan
Chelsea
Juventus
Bayern Munich

Of course this all depends on the luck of the draw, but I do not think Arsenal has the quality to be in the Semi-finals and they should continue their pathetic history never reaching the latter stage. As for Barcelona, I do not think they have the defensive capabilites to carrythem past good two-way teams like Milan, Chelsea, and Juventus. Their football is beautiful; I hope they make it, but I don't think their style of play is effective.

Manchester United is unpredictable, maybe could take one of the 4 spots away. Same for Real Madrid, but they look like a team in disarray at the moment.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
inter wasn't a surprise @ 2003,, he came in 2nd in the Serie A .. proves that their preformance was good,, + had a 1-1,0-0 results with milan in the CL Semifinal.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Bayern Munich? what are you smoking?
If they get their act together Fabi, they might just sneak into the Semi-Finals. They have the tools, although the backline still seems a bit suspect.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Amr ] ++
inter wasn't a surprise @ 2003,, he came in 2nd in the Serie A .. proves that their preformance was good,, + had a 1-1,0-0 results with milan in the CL Semifinal.
:lazy: I didn't say Inter was a surprise in 2003. I'm saying the Nerazzurri could be a surprise candidate this year.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'll go with the Barca-Milan-Juve-Chelsea quartet.

Juve have proven that they have the right pieces and need only stay healthy to be competitive that far. You can never count Milan out. Chelsea will suffocate their opponents out in the elimination rounds. And Barca has enough of the talent to pull it off -- they just need to live up to their potential.

Arsenal will probably find a way to lose on defense. Teams from the Netherlands and Germany seem too young to go very far. Porto won't make it into elimination rounds. France is sort of a long shot at representation. ManU is very vulnerable and would have to beat heavy odds against them. Inter is very much a dark horse and have a lot to prove still.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It definitely depends on the draw, but the top teams at the moment IMO are:

Juventus
Barca
Milan
Chelsea

Inter may have won all of their matches so far, but their lack of quality in defence could very well be telling in the latter stages of the tournament.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
As some of you said , it depends on the draw, but i'll say

Juventus
Barcelona
R.Madrid
Ac Milan

i know Real are crappy right now , but when they'll start their good football as it started to show from their last couple of matches, they can make diff although i hate them, but they can arrive to the semi.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Too many of you guys have put Barcelona in the top four I see. As much as I like the Catalan club (2nd favorite club) I do not think they have the defensive element to take care of great two-way teams like Milan and Juventus. An example of this was Real Madrid against us back in 2003, which they could not handle the counter attack and stalwart defending. I believe that teams such as Juventus, Milan, Bayern, Chelsea, Lyon, and Valencia could give Barca a lot of problems. If that creativity is not clicking for them, and they have to send Belletti and Van Bronkhorst further upfield, that creates a recipe of disaster for Barca. So unfortunately I see a team like Barca, full of attacking flair, not being able to keep the goals out of their own net.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Too many of you guys have put Barcelona in the top four I see. As much as I like the Catalan club (2nd favorite club) I do not think they have the defensive element to take care of great two-way teams like Milan and Juventus. An example of this was Real Madrid against us back in 2003, which they could not handle the counter attack and stalwart defending. I believe that teams such as Juventus, Milan, Bayern, Chelsea, Lyon, and Valencia could give Barca a lot of problems. If that creativity is not clicking for them, and they have to send Belletti and Van Bronkhorst further upfield, that creates a recipe of disaster for Barca. So unfortunately I see a team like Barca, full of attacking flair, not being able to keep the goals out of their own net.
I can't agree with that really, Barca have been very impressive at the back this season, and this in one of the most attacking leagues in Europe. They've only conceded about 4 or 5 goals in La Liga

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)