The CL last 4 teams (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

I can't agree with that really, Barca have been very impressive at the back this season, and this in one of the most attacking leagues in Europe. They've only conceded about 4 or 5 goals in La Liga
Possibly, but remember the Champions League is not full of La Liga sides. Also, success in Europe does not always stem from League form (just ask Arsenal). But again if the talent is always clicking, then they have a very good chance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
True but then Barca aren't arsenal (thank god :D) and have never had the same problem in europe, which I think its fair to say is simply a lack of quality.. I mean past Pires Henry and Vieira.. all of whom are overrated anyway but who else do they have of genuine quality, particularly at the back?

Aah, I just love how they suck :)

Back on topic barca have Puyol :strong: so we shall be fine in the defensive dept IMO

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
True but then Barca aren't arsenal (thank god :D) and have never had the same problem in europe, which I think its fair to say is simply a lack of quality.. I mean past Pires Henry and Vieira.. all of whom are overrated anyway but who else do they have of genuine quality, particularly at the back?

Aah, I just love how they suck :)

Back on topic barca have Puyol :strong: so we shall be fine in the defensive dept IMO
Oh I completely agree with you there, one of the most overrated sides in Europe. If Henry was not available for them they wouldn't be half the side they are today. I love asking Arsenal fans how many Champions' Leagues they've won. :D

Oh yeah thats right Barca has Carles Puyol! They could play a 1-4-5 if they wanted to. :rolleyes: :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Finally you're getting it ;)

Puyol is a god :D
Well, so far I was right Tom. 18 minutes in and Milan already have their first goal, from Shevchenko. Exactly what I suspected; Barca's midfield not closing down, and even Puyol and Oleguer couldn't stop the counter. Barca will have to be a little more careful on the defensive if they want to make it to the Semi-finals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)