The Catalan Club !! (2 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
The most disappointing thing is that Riquelme is 5 times the player Ronaldinho is, yet he will probably leave. Awful.
Well, Barca offered Riquelme to PSG for a one-year loan to get Ronaldinho but PSG refused the offer (according to PSG's president and coach) and said they wanted cash instead ..

I agree though that Riquelme is a great player and wasn't given a real chance in the past season .. but if he stays there would be fierce competition for starting places :frown:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Jun, I'm sure we will do some fixing and one of them will turn up with an Italian great aunt ;)

Fahad, admittedly I've seen less of him than you (thankfully, my face would have cracked up :stress: ). What I've seen of him has been less than impressive on the majority of occasions. The most disappointing thing is that Riquelme is 5 times the player Ronaldinho is, yet he will probably leave. Awful.
:D,
It would be pretty though one though.:p.
I guess it would be Marquez, since he is the one which seems most likely to have European ancestory.

I agree with Tom on Ronaldinho. I think he has brilliant pace, and vision but I am frusturated by his lack of work ethic, and tendency to give away balls too cheaply. Furthermore, while he knows what pass he has to make, and often gets the weight perfectly, I am disappointed by his variation in passing range. Also his goalscoring record isn't that great.

However, I do see a lot of "potential" on Ronaldinho, and he does have that "natural" gift, which very few players possess. Then again, you can make a case for Riquelme as well.;).

Unless Saviola has a breakout year, I think Kluivert, Ronaldinho Saviola partnership "can" struggle for goals. I guess, important thing is "consistency".

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
well, if he's going to leave, which seems inevitable, I hope Luciano is keeping an eye on the situation. He is exactly the kinda player juventus needs to be the best in the world.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
well, if he's going to leave, which seems inevitable, I hope Luciano is keeping an eye on the situation. He is exactly the kinda player juventus needs to be the best in the world.
Yeah .. Riqu would be great .. but I don't think it's possible due to the non-EU limitation :(

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

I think 3 in the starting line-up and 1 in the subs. bench .. Not sure though ..
Good gosh, this ruling is gonna hurt Barca and hurt them badly... They've got so many great non-EU players including Rustu, Marquez, Quaresma, Riquelme, Ronaldinho and Saviola :(

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Riq would be great in Juve, but unfortunately I can't see him getting much more playing time with us than he did at Barca unless Neddy is seriously injured :stress:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
:D,
It would be pretty though one though.:p.
I guess it would be Marquez, since he is the one which seems most likely to have European ancestory.
Well, even if Marquez turns out to be an EU player Barca still have to choose between Ronaldinho, Quaresma and Saviola :down:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++

Well, even if Marquez turns out to be an EU player Barca still have to choose between Ronaldinho, Quaresma and Saviola :down:
Quaresma is Portuguese, and I am pretty sure they are part of EU.:).
This leave Saviola, Riquelme, Ronaldinho, Rustu, and Marquez as non-EUs.
I guess, Riquelme is good as gone, and Marqeuz would be turned as EU player. I can't see Saviola (Indigeneous Americans), Ronaldinho (African origin), Rustu (Turkey) having European ancestory.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++
Riq would be great in Juve, but unfortunately I can't see him getting much more playing time with us than he did at Barca unless Neddy is seriously injured :stress:
They could both play quite easily in the same lineup

OP
Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31

They could both play quite easily in the same lineup
    How come ??
    Would you play Riquelme instead of tacchi or davids.??

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++

How come ??
    Would you play Riquelme instead of tacchi or davids.??
    I know the it isn't perfect since neither Del Piero, Riquelme is natural right hand sided players but
    Buffon-Thuram, Ciro, Legro, Zambrotta-Tach, Davids-Del Piero, Riquelme, Nedved,-Trez,
    is one way to play both Riq, and Ned.

More conventional form would be replace Del Piero with Riq. Never going to happen though.;)

OP
    Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    I don't think he is good enough to replace davids at least now.

More conventional form would be replace Del Piero with Riq. Never going to happen though.;)
    And play with one striker with no forwards ;)

OP
    Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    I think Nedvd can play segunda punta role if he had to.:stuckup:;)
    Can i ask you somethin' ??

Did you speak alot with Zizou ?? or do you hate Del Piero too ??;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)