The career of Trappatoni (2 Viewers)

Jul 13, 2004
Hi everybody. I am studying the history of Juventus and especially like the period from 1976 to 1986, when Trappatoni was coach. Does anybody here know why Trappatoni quit in 1986, which teams he coached from 1986 to 1991 and why he then came back in 1991?

Cheers from Iceland,
Aggi

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
This site is particually good for it. if you go to the homepage, there is a good link to juve's history. Enjoy :thumb: and welcome to the forums! :)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aggiflinki ] ++
Hi everybody. I am studying the history of Juventus and especially like the period from 1976 to 1986, when Trappatoni was coach. Does anybody here know why Trappatoni quit in 1986, which teams he coached from 1986 to 1991 and why he then came back in 1991?

Cheers from Iceland,
Aggi
Not meaning to be an arsehole, but...

I read your post and preceded to start writing out an answer to your question.About half a page in I then thought... Hang on, this poster said they were studying....
Now this implies to me that you are actually looking for an answer rather than jus an off the cuff question out of curiosity.

So I thought i'd see how hard it was to find your answer

Now if i was to look for some info about juve i would visit the following :

1. juventus.com - allways the first stop but to be fair unless your looking for info about our finances or the new stadium etc (for which it is a great site) its a pretty weak site.

2. & 3. Assoc ticker archive and uree - ok so these sites arent available to the public but both carried the answer

4. Rueters archive - we all know what rueters does

6. story - A great juve site with all sorts of info

7. 1897 - No need to explain

8. paparazzo's site - A useful site with some interesting bits and peices

9. xtra / juventuz / couple of other sites - never had to get this far so dont know

Now ok you may not know those sites etc etc...

So how about search engines...

Well if you type the right set of words into google you can answer all your questions within minutes....

So what exactly is your defination of studying??

Sorry... call me a **** if you like, but when the answers are so easy to find is it really necessary to open a thread asking rather than jus taking 5 mins to look yourself

OP
Jul 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    I've actually looked at the Juventus pages I know and found nothing about the things I asked about, as the historical chapters are rarely very in-depth. There is no career index or biography to be found about Giovanni Trappatoni - neither on google or any other place I have searched. If I would have found the answer there, I wouldn't be asking die-hard Juventus fans about the answers, now would I? So, instead of searching for hours and hours for something I don't know if I'll find, I decided to ask some people who might actually know the answer. Also, the answer to the question "Why did Trappatoni leave?" isn't maybe a simple answer. Someone here might remember when he quit back in '86 and have a good recollection of how things happened back then... I can't really understand why you are so annoyed by my question... a true Juventus fan would be happy that somebody from Iceland is showing intrest in the club they love.

Cheers,
    Aggi

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    I wonder how many people here could actually answer that question
    Well i would hope every person that has been a fan of juve for more than a couple of years... Common stories really

Or everyone that knows how to use a search engine

OP
    Jul 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Or everyone that knows how to use a search engine

If it's so easy to find, why can't you just show the stupid ones of us where the information can be found?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    There is no career index or biography to be found about Giovanni Trappatoni - neither on google or any other place I have searched.
    Oh please... type his name into google and you will find a career bio from the very first page list that comes up

Did you try traps own personal website as a starter... pretty obvious place to look really

OP
    Jul 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9

Oh please... type his name into google and you will find a career bio from the very first page list that comes up

Did you try traps own personal website as a starter... pretty obvious place to look really
    I've actually searched google and found nothing... I didn't know he had a personal website however... what's the url to that one?

OP
    Jul 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    It doesn't say why he quit in '86... and I don't speak Italian. But thanks for the url - I at least have his career now.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    It doesn't say why he quit in '86... and I don't speak Italian. But thanks for the url - I at least have his career now.
    did i say it did.. havent read it... you said google gave you no career bio... i gave you the first page google offered me ...which did indeed give a bio

From the first pages google offers you can find the rest of the answers you are looking for.... try it

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004

did i say it did.. havent read it... you said google gave you no career bio... i gave you the first page google offered me ...which did indeed give a bio

From the first pages google offers you can find the rest of the answers you are looking for.... try it
    ah leave him, he is a ****in' newbie, FFS! And if he wants the information, cant you give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe actually think that he searched the pages, and then asked for help?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

cant you give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe actually think that he searched the pages, and then asked for help?
    Ok your right and i would, but lets look at this

he says...

There is no career index or biography to be found about Giovanni Trappatoni - neither on google or any other place I have searched
    and this

I've actually searched google and found nothing...
    Now if you goto google.com and type "giovanni trapattoni"

You get this

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Sorry for the quality of the grab

Now you see the very first site is the one i got the bio linked earlier from

Even if their only language is english.... look down to the 4th site down where it clearly says... giovanni trapattoni biography

hmm... looked real hard

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    That was one of he things he asked for ( and said couldnt be found using google )... i was jus showing how easy that bit was to find... the rest of what he asked can also be found in the first few sites google throws up

Ok ok so this whole thread was abit anal... but it is annoying

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    It would have taken you less time had you just told him what he wanted to know :D ;)
    As i said earlier... id allready written out a full answer for him before i changed my mind...

what can yer do... Its been a funny ol day :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)