The career of Trappatoni (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
You should have just said DYOFH - Do Your Own Fvcking Homework ;)
Probably... but i am slightly curious as to why or for what someone would be "studying" said subject

River

Jun 15, 2004
You ever think maybe he just cant be bothered to search google? And translate things with a lameass shitty free translator? And probably still end up with missing data, wrong data etc?

This is the Rookie forum of a juventuz fansite. It seems to me like, him registering on this site, and posting here in this forum, he has done his homework.

You find it annoying that people ask before using google. I find it alittle annoying that people answer questions with Check the Internet. This is the internet, he is checking the internet. And why trust the internet? Is there anyway to know how reliable those google matches are? Most are probably sites put up by teenagers, or full of out of date information. How reliable is that? Asking the knowledge people on this forum is a decision that shouldnt be shit on.
Check this sometime www.internetisshit.org

And also by posting this here on this forum it gives the 'all knowing people' like you something to do here, and a chance to show your knowledge and use it rather that just tell everyone who you would do it, or how you know it. It defeats the whole purpose of this forum.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i think its much more interesting for this thread and forum in general if someone could just tell what they know about Trappatonis's derpature from juve so that we can all discuss it. At least its more fun than discussing about Why He Must Use Google..:irritate:

Most of the time its not all about reading and knowing but more about sharing and discussing.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm not saying I agree with people shooting down aggiflinki's decision to ask for information at this forum, as it's a logical place to ask and he even posted in the right section of the forums, which is a concept that members with 500 posts seem to have problems grasping... but:

++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
You find it annoying that people ask before using google. I find it alittle annoying that people answer questions with Check the Internet. This is the internet, he is checking the internet.
A lot of the time it's as valid as hell though, and I'm most guilty of telling people to check the internet on this forum, simply because people should learn to find things for themselves.

I know a bunch of people who have (surprise, surprise) learned to use google because we haven't spoon-fed them on every single little question they have, and that's saved themselves and us a considerable amount of effort. It's especially helpful for questions like "How can I find a program that does ____", or "where can I find wallpapers/images for ______", in which case a google search will yield the answer you're looking for 99 out of 100 times

Answering people's questions on the internet without them offering any evidence of research is like spoiling a child; you're not doing them a favour in the long run. I don't usually agree with the way Paul handles things, but he was right when he said that someone who claimed to be 'studying' a subject should surely have done a google search before anything else.

And why trust the internet? Is there anyway to know how reliable those google matches are? Most are probably sites put up by teenagers, or full of out of date information. How reliable is that?
aggiflinki asked for information that's 15 years old, I'm sure that they won't be full of out of date information. And it's pretty common information, so chances are if you check out a handful of sites that show the same information, it'll be accurate 9 out of 10 times

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
You ever think maybe he just cant be bothered to search google? And translate things with a lameass shitty free translator? And probably still end up with missing data, wrong data etc?

This is the Rookie forum of a juventuz fansite. It seems to me like, him registering on this site, and posting here in this forum, he has done his homework.

You find it annoying that people ask before using google. I find it alittle annoying that people answer questions with Check the Internet. This is the internet, he is checking the internet. And why trust the internet? Is there anyway to know how reliable those google matches are? Most are probably sites put up by teenagers, or full of out of date information. How reliable is that? Asking the knowledge people on this forum is a decision that shouldnt be shit on.
Check this sometime www.internetisshit.org

And also by posting this here on this forum it gives the 'all knowing people' like you something to do here, and a chance to show your knowledge and use it rather that just tell everyone who you would do it, or how you know it. It defeats the whole purpose of this forum.
ok, As i said in my very first post...

There is a big difference between someone who jus asks a question out of curiosity in the spare of the moment and someone who claims to be 'STUDYING'

If they are indeed studying then why have they not even looked at google... its ridiculous to say the least.

Yes it does annoy me when people are too lazy to look for themselves and jus ask... so as someone else looks for them

Prime example being all the nonsense and innaccurate info posted about the new stadium and our financial state due to people being too lazy to even look at the official juventus website.

As ive shown on numerous occasions over the years on this forum.. i am / have been more than willing to answer questions and help people... but why should people go out of their way to answer questions that you can find yourself and in much less time by looking yourself with next to no effort.

Maybe I am an arsehole... maybe you dont like the way i go about things... maybe I can be accused of being elitist... but dont accuse me of not helping people or being willing to help... Ive done my bit time and time again

Why not look at google etc and then post to check their findings or to see if someone can expand on them and make a worthwhile and interesting thread

The fact is the person starting this thread asked questions that were very easy to find the answers to very quickly.

Ok so i knew the answers anyway... but out of interest i checked to see how easy the answers were to find using the most simple resource available... google

Now I aint no computer or internet person... i have progs i know inside out that i use for work but outside of that computers arent really my thing.

Yet as i showed earlier I found the answer to one of his questions within 30 seconds.

Type the name... click first link... click bio in top corner in large text

Surely it would take much longer than thirty seconds to write a post and wait for a response.

I then looked for the rest of his answers and again had found all the info he requested within 5 mins.... Still much quicker than you could hope for here or on any other forum for that matter.

Plus no offence to anyone here (or myself for that matter) the pages found had the info in much more detail etc than you would get from any of us.

So then after that quick 5 mins why not post what you have found to check if it is accurate (or if anyone has other sources) and to see who can add to that... thus making a very interesting and worth while thread where lots of people may gain from

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
A lot of the time it's as valid as hell though, and I'm most guilty of telling people to check the internet on this forum, simply because people should learn to find things for themselves.

I know a bunch of people who have (surprise, surprise) learned to use google because we haven't spoon-fed them on every single little question they have, and that's saved themselves and us a considerable amount of effort. It's especially helpful for questions like "How can I find a program that does ____", or "where can I find wallpapers/images for ______", in which case a google search will yield the answer you're looking for 99 out of 100 times

First of all I was making a general statement, not directly about this trap thing.
If looking for something like wallpapers, or juve sites or free fonts or something then yes, check the internet is the answer. But the other point you made about looking for programs and such dosent hold, google throws back tons of choices, most are probably a load of crap and wont do what you want, I would ask here for some people to recommend some programs, then check the internet for the best option.
Answering people's questions on the internet without them offering any evidence of research is like spoiling a child; you're not doing them a favour in the long run. I don't usually agree with the way Paul handles things, but he was right when he said that someone who claimed to be 'studying' a subject should surely have done a google search before anything else.
A little overplayed on the 'researching' here. Hes hardly friggin studying it as a profession or something. Dont pick on peoples words.

aggiflinki asked for information that's 15 years old, I'm sure that they won't be full of out of date information. And it's pretty common information, so chances are if you check out a handful of sites that show the same information, it'll be accurate 9 out of 10 times
Again I wasnt actually posting my rant about this post in particular, but about the countless times peoples questions are answered with 'search the internet'. The way I see it his thread is perfectly acceptable. And if someone dosent want to help, maybe someone else will.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

ok, As i said in my very first post...

There is a big difference between someone who jus asks a question out of curiosity in the spare of the moment and someone who claims to be 'STUDYING'

If they are indeed studying then why have they not even looked at google... its ridiculous to say the least.

Yes it does annoy me when people are too lazy to look for themselves and jus ask... so as someone else looks for them

Prime example being all the nonsense and innaccurate info posted about the new stadium and our financial state due to people being too lazy to even look at the official juventus website.
Again maybe alittle overplay on the word studying. If he didnt say he was studying there wouldnt have been this reaction? People are lazy, but then again he wasnt lazy when he came to find this forum and registered and posted. Google would be easier than that. If he had his reasons to do it, or if hes just stupid, fact is this is the place to post it and shouldnt result in 'check the internet'

As ive shown on numerous occasions over the years on this forum.. i am / have been more than willing to answer questions and help people... but why should people go out of their way to answer questions that you can find yourself and in much less time by looking yourself with next to no effort.

Maybe I am an arsehole... maybe you dont like the way i go about things... maybe I can be accused of being elitist... but dont accuse me of not helping people or being willing to help... Ive done my bit time and time again
Again this was more about general 'check the internet' remarks, I didnt say i thought you were an asshole or an elitist. Although I might, I didnt say that ;)

Why not look at google etc and then post to check their findings or to see if someone can expand on them and make a worthwhile and interesting thread

The fact is the person starting this thread asked questions that were very easy to find the answers to very quickly.

Ok so i knew the answers anyway... but out of interest i checked to see how easy the answers were to find using the most simple resource available... google

Now I aint no computer or internet person... i have progs i know inside out that i use for work but outside of that computers arent really my thing.

Yet as i showed earlier I found the answer to one of his questions within 30 seconds.

Type the name... click first link... click bio in top corner in large text

Surely it would take much longer than thirty seconds to write a post and wait for a response.

I then looked for the rest of his answers and again had found all the info he requested within 5 mins.... Still much quicker than you could hope for here or on any other forum for that matter.

Plus no offence to anyone here (or myself for that matter) the pages found had the info in much more detail etc than you would get from any of us.

So then after that quick 5 mins why not post what you have found to check if it is accurate (or if anyone has other sources) and to see who can add to that... thus making a very interesting and worth while thread where lots of people may gain from
Yeah but human nature is ask first, check later. And again im not exactly talking about only this post.

May 4, 2004
he quit coaching in 86 cz i was born and i was a bit too much u know...to hot for him to stay in juve hehehehe anyways the guys ruined italy in euro 2004
but i guess he was good at some point

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh and btw, you guys don't have to look it up, you know the answer. So he didn't ask you to look it up for him, he asked you to give him the answer because you already knew.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)