The Birra Moretti trophy (5 Viewers)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
At least Emre is not playing, which thing makes me smile, but not too much, because with that troup they have listed, we still can beat them and easily. Don't you think Karagounis is a little overrated ? He is good at his NT , but at Inter I haven't seen him doing miracles until now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
The Birra Moretti Tournament

There is no such thing as a friendly when Inter and Juve face each other, and even though both teams are far from being in top form at this current time, we can expect both teams to give their best not to lose against each other.

The first 45 minute match of this tournament is in fact between last year's winners, Inter, and Juventus, who have just come back from the United States where they defeated Milan in the Italian Super Cup.

This will be Vieri and Crespo's official season debut together for Inter, and their fans will hope that they can produce another quality and quantity season like the one that has just passed. They should be able to do so thanks to the wingers that Moratti bought for Cuper's classic 4-4-2 formation, where finally his strikers can receive the much wanted crosses from the sides.

For Juventus, this will a chance to experiment more and further analyse the new purchases. Lippi already stated that he will only play two strikers per game, therefore we will not see the '1+3' attacking style that was tested in the USA.

Apart from these two clubs, there is also Sampdoria, a newly promoted side that has acted very well in the transfer market. This is going to be an interesting test against last season's best two teams from Italy, because their fans expect alot from this team.

All in all, this is still summer football, therefore whatever the outcome, will not in any way tell us who's the strongest and most likely to win 'lo Scudetto'.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
At least Emre is not playing, which thing makes me smile, but not too much, because with that troup they have listed, we still can beat them and easily.
I would've preferred Inter to have a full squad .. because the stronger the opponent in a friendly the more helpful the match is for us ..

++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
Don't you think Karagounis is a little overrated ? He is good at his NT , but at Inter I haven't seen him doing miracles until now.
How could you say that Karagounis is overrated with Inter even though he didn't play 1 official minute with them yet :confused:

++ [ originally posted by Zizou] ++
Also Tudor is available then?
The official website didn't publish the list of the squad participating in Bari .. it only said that Thuram and Zala were missing, so I'm not really sure about Tudor ...

Btw, nice preview Glenn :thumb:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
It's anyone's guess...he can start with the first team defenders and the 'reserve' strikers or vice versa. Or maybe play the best 11 against Inter or experiment a Miccoli-Trez or DP-DV tandem. The options are unlimited :D

I personally do not care about the result, I just want to see the progress (if any) the team makes in the play. Though I must admit that defeating Inter, even if in a friendly, is always a nice sensation :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
You're right...just checked, it's Canale 5 not Italia 1. They're practically the same, so if you have one I guess you have the other? It starts at 9pm CET and there's juve playing there.

Goleador

Sep 10, 2002
According to Rai Sport this will be time schedule (Italian time) for todays matches:

21:00 Inter - Juventus (Referee: Pieri)

22:00 Inter / Juventus - Sampdoria (Referee: Gabriele)

23:00 Juventus / Inter - Sampdoria (Referee: Ayroldi)

And this is how Eurosport will broadcast this (tomorrow)

17:30 - 18:15 (CET) Sampdoria vs Inter Milan

18:15 - 19:00 Juventus Turin vs Inter Milan

19:00 - 19:45 Juventus Turin vs Sampdoria

Why in the blue hell is Eurosport broadcasting these matches in wrong order?

Ciao,
Tommi

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Oh it can? Cos usually they really do so during football games or programmes.

Goleador we actually do not know who will play in the 2nd match cos it's the loser of the first game that will play. So unless Rai already knows the results, they cannot say who will play :D

Goleador

Sep 10, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Goleador we actually do not know who will play in the 2nd match cos it's the loser of the first game that will play. So unless Rai already knows the results, they cannot say who will play :D
Oh, ok. Thanks for the info dude. :)

Ciao

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Can anyone give us unfortunate people who won't be able to view the games live commentary? :angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)