The Big Bang Theory (1 Viewer)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Thats is one Hilarious show. Its fairly new yet it is very consistent. Beats the shit out of all the stuff thats out there.

A must see show that reminds me of Dick Solomon from 3rd rock from the Sun (which was also hilarious).

Give it a try

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Meh. It fairly flogs a few old stereotypes, though it does it reasonably competently. That's Chuck Lorre for you: nothing original, but perfectly competent broad comedy.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I haven't found myself laughing watching this show a all tbh, I've chuckled maybe twice.

Maybe it's just me but I think the characters are OTT stereotypes and the whole akward geek thing is stale, very stale.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
or perhaps a bit too familiar?
Yes I'm secretly a nuclear physicist with poor people skills living in an apartment with what I can only assume are my ethnically diverse gay lovers.

We do get into some wacky and laughtrack-able situations though :agree:

Would you like to join us and portray a rogue sceintist looking to buy uranium?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
or perhaps a bit too familiar?
Speaking as an expert on the subject, it sucks because the stereotype isn't remotely true. Awkward people are awkward yes, but not at all in that way. They don't stand around blabbering uncontrollably, they are introverts who get anxious about speaking in public at all. And to outward appearances it just looks like they have nothing to say, because they're afraid of revealing their anxiety. So you can't tell what's going on with them. But of course that wouldn't make a show funny, so they don't show that.

Just because it's on tv, and just because it's been repeated on tv a million times, doesn't mean it's true.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
you're certainly no expert Mart, from what I have deduced from coming to the forum, you are one helluva wild child

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Speaking as an expert on the subject, it sucks because the stereotype isn't remotely true. Awkward people are awkward yes, but not at all in that way. They don't stand around blabbering uncontrollably, they are introverts who get anxious about speaking in public at all. And to outward appearances it just looks like they have nothing to say, because they're afraid of revealing their anxiety. So you can't tell what's going on with them. But of course that wouldn't make a show funny, so they don't show that.

Just because it's on tv, and just because it's been repeated on tv a million times, doesn't mean it's true.
I think he was just messin with me and not making a point in general.

I used to be afraid of public speaking but you can't escape it forever, just like low fat cheese :depressed

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003

In my experience, people like that can be pretty talkative in the very narrow spectrum of social situations where they're comfortable - essentially with friends who share their interests in something very nerdy. It's certainly not very well represented by the stereotype though, and it's certainly not a good example of a typical nerd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)