The Best Quotes Ever (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
Are you all idiots? Carlos Alberto said what he did, so that his players, the fans, and the media will pay less attention to how much the loss to England hurt them. He probably couldn't care less about Owen or his height, he's trying to to qualify.
I don't think so. The media is hardly going to pay attention to a 2-0 loss to England. It was expected, and they had no chance of qualifying anyway.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

No it wasnt actually... check your facts.

And less of those comments please.... You dont like the ameriacan comments so dont make these anti english ones... we all know you hate english football, its players and anything to do with it , which is fine but theres no need for the offensive nationalistic comments.
    OK, my fault about that as I should have made it clear I was talking about the English Media. I don't think I have insulted nations or religions on this forum.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #43

Firstly, I dont love Jose at all... I think hes a good manager and he amuses me... I am not his 'fan' though

I do however love his passion, spirit and his raw emotion

That incident is not the point... My point was that if he had said it you would have branded him classless but when alberto says it... you find that funny... Double standards
    Actually that is wrong Paul. If Mourinho would have made those comments I still would have laughed because they were humorous, not to mention that I'm obviously not an Owen fan. I dislike Mourinho for other obvious reasons, especially the Barcelona matter this past month. If players make naive comments like Owen was accused of, I think they're fair game.

Come on Pauly don't be making assumptions.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Actually that is wrong Paul. If Mourinho would have made those comments I still would have laughed because they were humorous

Come on Pauly don't be making assumptions.
    Not sure i beleive that... But i'll take your word for it

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #46

Well if thats what you meant... Fair enough
    Yes that is what I meant. It would be incredibly stupid to insult the English people considering I'm American. It's the football I like to criticise.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    On the first day of their lives, men struggle so hard to get out of between a woman's legs, then spend the rest of their lives trying to get back in.
    ----Albert Akoga

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    I love deadlines, especially the whooshing sound they make as they go by.

----Douglas Adams
    I love that one. Have used it a few times too!

My favourite Adams quote though is not that one, but,
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

A couple of more from the sadly deceased Mr. Adams:
    "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

Nice DNA quote resource here.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    "I like the Premiership, it was a great two-and-a-half years in
    England and, of course, I would like to go back, the door is always
    open so you never know"
    - Diego Forlan, officially rubbish at English football, sends a shiver down roughly 20 spines.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    "It's not a war. What are they going to do, kill me? If someone wants to do something stupid then lock them up because I've got no time for violent people. The only threats I've had this week have been from the wife for not doing the washing up" - Harry Redknapp makes light of his return to Fratton Park this weekend.

In the end, he got bashed.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Seem to be churning them out ja? I am currently reading a book of quotes that belongs to a colleague in the office:

The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half by our children.
    Clarence Darrow

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    "I find it quite amazing and quite unbelievable that people sell
    things like that"
    - David Beckham, who sold his wedding to OK! Magazine for a fortune, can't understand why the nanny he sacked sold the story of his marriage to a tabloid newspaper.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    "A good general can defeat his enemy 100 times in 100 battles, a great general can defeat his enemy before the battle begins."
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"When I was young I used to think that wealth and power would bring me happiness. I was right."
    - Gahan Wilson

"A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's - That's because she changes it more often."
    - Oliver Hereford

"I could have done this job myself in twenty minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."
    - J.L. McCafferty

"It's a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation."
    - Roberto Benigni

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy

"Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack."
    - Spanish proverb

"One survey found that 10% of Americans thought Joan of Arc was Noah's wife..."
    - Robert Boynton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)