The Best Quotes Ever (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Azerbaijan coach Carlos Alberto speaks the truth about Michael Owen.

'Owen does not deserve a guy like me talking about him. He's a midget'

Daniel Taylor at St James' Park
Thursday March 31, 2005
The Guardian

A torrid night for Michael Owen ended in acrimony and farce when he was branded a "shoddy little guy" in the midst of a furious 15-minute tirade by Carlos Alberto, Azerbaijan's Brazilian coach.
"Before the game I saw him saying that, if Poland could beat Azerbaijan 8-0, he could score five goals himself," said an intense Carlos Alberto. "I'd like to tell this little guy that he should have some respect. I've been in football for 45 years. Who is Michael Owen? What has he won? The World Cup? OK, he plays for Real Madrid but he is on the bench every game and he does not have the right to say he will score five goals against us.

"He needs to clean his tongue and wash David Beckham's boots with it because they got rain on them tonight and that's all he's worth. He thinks he's the king but who is he? What is his history?"

As captain of Brazil's World Cup winning team in 1970, Carlos Alberto is entitled to question Owen's achievement but on this occasion it appears he misconstrued a simple remark from Owen.

"I know Michael well and he would never say anything like that," Sven- Goran Eriksson later said. "It's simply not his style. He might have said he hoped to score but this appears to be a misunderstanding."

Eriksson said he would try to put Carlos Alberto straight but he may have his work cut out. "I am sorry about my anger but he does not deserve a guy like me to be talking about him," said the losing manager. "Mr Eriksson is a gentleman and I will tell him to teach this shoddy little guy to respect everyone. To be a footballer first you have to be a man and he's not. I hope he respects his family but I don't know if he does. And I hope one day he plays in Real Madrid's starting line-up. He's a midget and I am not prepared to discuss him any longer."

His diatribe rounded off a thoroughly unsatisfactory evening for Owen who squandered more chances than he will care to remember and was booked for hand-ball, meaning he will be suspended from England's trip to Wales in September.

"Hopefully he saved his goal for more important games," said a sympathetic Eriksson. "It's a pity he won't be available in Wales but I hope it is not a huge problem. That apart, I am very pleased. We could have easily scored five or six but we created a lot of chances and that's very good."

More quotes from the man:

“To be a footballer first you have to be a man. But he is not a man’s guy. I would like to see this short guy here to talk to him face to face.

“I hope he at least respects his family but I don’t know if he does. I am happy to talk about Rooney, Beckham, Ferdinand and Lampard. But I don’t want to discuss this midget any more.”

-----------------

:rofl: Absolute brilliant stuff by my new favorite coach. He speaks the truth. :howler:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Carlos Alberto: Bring me the midget!
tribalfootball.com - March 31, 2005

Azerbaijan coach Carlos Alberto slaughtered England striker Michael Owen last night after his team's 2-0 defeat.

The Brazilian wrongly believed Owen had promised to score five goals in last night's World Cup Group Six qualifier.

Alberto fumed: "This guy thinks he is the king but who is Michael Owen? What has he ever won? The championship of the world? I do not think so.

"I have been in football for 45 years and have a history. But what is his history?

"He might play for Real Madrid but he sits on the bench every week. Sven Goran Eriksson needs to teach this shoddy guy to respect everyone.

"He should clean his tongue and then lick David Beckham's boots, as it was raining and muddy out there.

"I understand that before the game he said that if Portugal can beat Azerbaijan 8-0 then he could score five goals against us. But where were those goals? He didn't get one.

"To be a footballer first you have to be a man. But he is not a man's guy. I would like to see this short guy here to talk to him face to face.

"I hope he at least respects his family but I don't know if he does. I am happy to talk about Rooney, Beckham, Ferdinand and Lampard. But I don't want to discuss this midget any more."

England stay a point clear of Poland in Group Six - and Carlos Alberto admitted his admiration for them.

He stated: "England are a wonderful team and deserved to win. I am jealous of Sven. I would love to coach this side but not with this short guy."

Hahahah I thought of creating a thread about this too
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA the funniest SH1T ive read for a LOOONG time :D

Sep 28, 2002
carlos alberto is a donkey cock sucker. i dont care about owen, but managers shouldnt say things like this.

andy, you need to re-check what "class" is. mourinho doesnt have any while this guy is your favourite?...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I agree with you Fli, this Carlos alberto showd no Class in what he said. Making fun of players how they look like AINT FUNNY at all....

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
It aint nice btw from this coach, he showed some stupid quotes..
Yeah. Although I couldn't care less about Owen, that's right

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    carlos alberto is a donkey cock sucker. i dont care about owen, but managers shouldnt say things like this.

andy, you need to re-check what "class" is. mourinho doesnt have any while this guy is your favourite?...
    Carlos Alberto did not start this (supposedly), Owen did with his comments about Azerbaijan. Mourinho starts shit to gain an advantage, then makes referees retire because of his actions. There's a difference you know.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Owen never said "I should score 5" - those comments were taken out of context. All he said was that it would be a great achievement to score 5 and that he didn't know 5 goals in a game was the record for an England striker - following a question from a journalist.

He did not say "Azerbaijan are shite, I'll get a hatful"

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    As tom said.. owen never said he would score five.... infact if you watch his interviews prior to the game he said no more than that he would like to get a couple ... never even saying he would definately score... the 5 thing was no more than a silly question

Alberto got it all wrong and should apologise if hes half the man he thinks he is.

Even then, the comments about owen being a midget are jus plain out of line whether owen had said it or not

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    CAT reacted like the typical stereotype of the Latino, all emotion no thought.

Meantime, one of my best quotes since that's what I think this thread should be about is:
    Behind every great fortune, there's a crimeHonore de Balzac

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    I can't believe people are getting offended by this. I mean Ronaldo is called FAT everyday, much on this forum, and nobody seems to care. I think these quotes from CA are rather humorous.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Fokin funny what this guy said.

He must be right know wishing to be eaten by a whale or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)