The best match commentary (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I didn't think the first one was all that funny, and the second one is a bit hard to hear :wth:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Yeah, the first one was nothing special, but the second...

"Queen Victoria!!! Princess Diana!!! Winston Churchill!!! Maggia Tacher can you hear me??? Maggie Tacher can you here me??? Maggie Tacher your boys got beat!!! Your boys got beat good!!!"

Or something like that :D

Dec 27, 2003
    lol, nice one.

I personally miss Bruno Pizzul's deep and almost "metallic" voice on Rai Uno. He was the appointed commentator of the NT matches until WC 2002.

One classic commentary is Martinelli screaming "Campioni del Mondo! Campioni del mondo! Campioni del mondo!" (one time for each WC title :) as the referee blows the final whistle in the magical night of Madrid in 82.

Another good one is the argentinian commentator's hysterical joy after Maradona's fantastic solo effort againt England in 86. it goes a bit like this : "Maradona...Maradona..el genio del futbol mundial...Maradona...Maradona...ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta....GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dec 27, 2003
    oh, and of course the english version of it is quite good too :

"Maradona...Maradona...Still Maradona...He has Burruchaga and Valdano to his left...He won't need any of them!..Oh! You have to say this is magnificent!" - stress on the "you have to", lol.

Dec 27, 2003
    Sorry, another classic just came to mind : I watched the 1998 World Cup final on french television. You have to know that french commentators are BY FAR the most chauvinistic and unprofessional commentators in the world. There is always two of them, one is a typical arrogant parisian and the other is an ex-player with a thick southern french accent. Anyway, when the referee blew the final whistle in the final against Brazil, the parisian screamed : "La France est championne du monde!!! Vous y croyez???Putain! Quel pied!!"

i.e. "France are champions of the World!!!Can you believe it??? **** me, this is better than sex!!!"

Aug 1, 2003
    now THAT was funny.

I didn't have any privileges of good commentators, but I remember one of em losing their voice when Di Vaio scored the equalizer against Milan though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)