The best Italian coach (8 Viewers)

I beg you to vote.

• Allegri

• Ancelotti

• Conte

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 9, 2015
It's hard to say who is the best coach. Italy is really lucky to have so much (amazing) coaches, which country has so much good coaches? I can't think of one. Italy has with Ancelotti, Conte and Allegri top tier coaches, with Spaletti & Sarri subtop tier coaches. Simone Inzaghi, Di Francesco, Montella et cetera are also promising, so there is no worry about that.

What I think is that Ancelotti is the best people manager. He works best with big clubs and especially with a lot of stars like Real Madrid.
Conte is the motivator, he can evolve a damn average squad into an title contender. Simeone type of coach.
Allegri is the best tactican, I was worried he can only build on an fundament who is made by another (Conte in this case). But he showed that is not true, we have now a completely different team and he gets again the best out of it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Allegri has to be at the top. He's turned Juve into one of the best European teams, something that hasn't been the case since the Lippi days. And as others mentioned, the team from two years ago was completely different to the one this season.

14-15 Final (1-3 loss to Barca)
15-16 Round of 16 (6-4 aggregate loss to Bayern)
16-17 Semi final (yet to be played)

That's more than impressive.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
best coach currently? - Allegri

Best coach of the last 10 years? - Ancelotti
at the moment, yes. but he wasnt that impressive post 2007 really. he coached Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real and now Bayern, and has won only 2 league titles while finishing runner up twice. he won 2 Cups and 2 Supercups. Allegri for that period has coached Sassuolo (won Serie C1 and promotion to Serie B in his only season there, 1st time ever in club history), Cagliari (finished 9th in 08/09 and were 12th in 09/10 when he was fired), Milan and Juventus. hes already surpassed him in league titles (will win his 4th scudetto this season) while finishing runner up once, won the Coppa Italia twice and Supercoppa twice.

as you can see, Allegri has done more domestically despite being at mediocre teams for 5 out of 10 years. what Ancelotti has over him is that Champions League with Real, and if Allegri wins it this season, then we can officially proclaim him the best italian coach of the last 10 years

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
at the moment, yes. but he wasnt that impressive post 2007 really. he coached Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real and now Bayern, and has won only 2 league titles while finishing runner up twice. he won 2 Cups and 2 Supercups. Allegri for that period has coached Sassuolo (won Serie C1 and promotion to Serie B in his only season there, 1st time ever in club history), Cagliari (finished 9th in 08/09 and were 12th in 09/10 when he was fired), Milan and Juventus. hes already surpassed him in league titles (will win his 4th scudetto this season) while finishing runner up once, won the Coppa Italia twice and Supercoppa twice.

as you can see, Allegri has done more domestically despite being at mediocre teams for 5 out of 10 years. what Ancelotti has over him is that Champions League with Real, and if Allegri wins it this season, then we can officially proclaim him the best italian coach of the last 10 years
Ancelotti has won the CL 3 times though...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ancelotti has won the CL 3 times though...
yeah + one scudetto and a lost CL final, but it all happened before the 2007-2008 season. once this season is over, his 2007 CL title wont count when talking about last 10 years only. if we go by last 20 years then only Lippi can compare with Carlo

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
:disagree:

:lol2:, another hater. Look, Marotta may have bought all these good players and some world class ones but it was CONTE who made it work. Nowadays Allegri has a lot of better players to play with.

So, in your opinion, these records don't mean anything? :lol2:

By the way, if Marotta should be praised for buying Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal then he should also be blamed for selling them, right?
Allegri>Conte

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Allegri has to be at the top. He's turned Juve into one of the best European teams, something that hasn't been the case since the Lippi days. And as others mentioned, the team from two years ago was completely different to the one this season.

14-15 Final (1-3 loss to Barca)
15-16 Round of 16 (6-4 aggregate loss to Bayern)
16-17 Semi final (yet to be played)

That's more than impressive.
..and that 15-16 was 1 evra fuckup away from kicking out bayern, and we all saw how poor the remaining teams did compared to us in that return leg

- - - Updated - - -

One cannot but look in awe at where we came from and where we are in terms of quality, while keeping the other eye on the balance sheet.

Its unprecedented.

But the way Allegri then pulls off tactical masterpieces, makes an everchanging group of players perform when it matters....

It feels like a puzzle comming togheter.

I cant care about any other coach or management for a while now, and lately i'm only seeing confirmation of that

Mar 3, 2014
Conte - better in the league I think. Conte's league record trumps all given since he first was named coach of Juventus, he never lost a league. Conte has shown that he can compete with less talented teams as well.
Allegri - Much better than Conte in Europe. Conte's european record is very underwhelming. He is an amazing tactician, able to create a winner despite massive personnel turnover. He is flexible, and has shown he can compete with less talented teams as well.
Ancelotti is good, but when was the last time he has coached a smaller side? He certainly has the best resume though.

If I had to choose, I'd choose Allegri because of 3 reasons:
-Wins in Europe, wins league despite massive personnel turnover
-Has successfully dealt with a dressing room of ridiculous egos: He has integrated a team with Cassano, Ibra, Robinho, KP Boateng to name a few.
-He has shown his ability to upset much better teams. When Milan with El Sharaawy, Muntari, and Niang beat Barcelona in the first leg of the UCL it was flat out impressive. That team flat out sucked.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Conte - better in the league I think. Conte's league record trumps all given since he first was named coach of Juventus, he never lost a league. Conte has shown that he can compete with less talented teams as well.
Allegri - Much better than Conte in Europe. Conte's european record is very underwhelming. He is an amazing tactician, able to create a winner despite massive personnel turnover. He is flexible, and has shown he can compete with less talented teams as well.
Ancelotti is good, but when was the last time he has coached a smaller side? He certainly has the best resume though.

If I had to choose, I'd choose Allegri because of 3 reasons:
-Wins in Europe, wins league despite massive personnel turnover
-Has successfully dealt with a dressing room of ridiculous egos: He has integrated a team with Cassano, Ibra, Robinho, KP Boateng to name a few.
-He has shown his ability to upset much better teams. When Milan with El Sharaawy, Muntari, and Niang beat Barcelona in the first leg of the UCL it was flat out impressive. That team flat out sucked.
Allegri's attitude is much better than Conte's, especially in Europe. Conte would compare us with teams like Galatasaray and Schalke, while Max said that we were at Bayern and Barca's level (most people would laugh at this a couple of years ago, but not anymore). You can only go as high as you aim.
Allegri may very well leave Juve this summer or the next, but I don't see him storming out of Vinovo in July because the board didn't buy the players he wanted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)