• Conte

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #41
    Ancelotti won a double with Chelsea, the title with PSG, and 3 CL crowns! The man is definitely ahead of Conte and Allegri at present. Put your bias aside, and appreciate him for the great coach that he is. Serie A was highly competitive in these days, and we'd have won that title in 2000 had it not been for Collina and that Perugia game on a waterlogged pitch ffs! We missed out on the title by a mere TWO points in 2001 to an insane Roma team coached by the stoic Capello, and possessing the talents of a young Totti, and Batigol! Perspective mate ;)
    Nah man, I disagree. He won a lot because he had the best teams. But he failed to win anything with Juve by his own fault. We were better than both Lazio in 1999/2000 and overrated Roma in 2000/2001. But that doesn't mean I don't rate him. If he comes back one day and win something with Juve, he will get my vote. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

Well balanced and great experience, top top coach, but also utterly mediocre in consistently winning league titles. Gets too comfortable and has issue maintaining focus in long marathon like league format. Atleast for Real he was way too stubborn, allways same 11 and couldn't motivate them in final stretch.

Near 20 years of coaching top clubs and has 3 league titles.
    Well said.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait til he goes to play CL again.

And no, he didn't create THIS juve.

How many Conte players are left in our starting 11?
    Yep, I'll wait. He took over a mediocre Juve side from Del Neri and transformed it to a winning machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw the poll, people actually think Allegri is better coach then Ancelotti?
    Yep.

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri hasn't even won the Champions League. :howler:
    He will in about 2-3 months. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Of course Conte created this Juve. None of this would have happened if we didn't go on the scudetto runs with him. 7 of his players are still starting or playing regularly (Buffon, BBC, Marchisio, Licht and Asamoah) on top of the impact he had in all areas of the club.
    Looks like @DAiDEViL is holding a grudge against Conte.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    The amount of credit he get's is just ridiculous.

In 20 years people are still gonna say it's all down to Conte. Get a grip.

Dani Alves---Bonucci---Chiello---Alex Sandro
    ---------------Khedira---Pjanic
    Cuadrado----------Dybala-------Mandzukic
    ---------------------Higuain

Almost all of those players have been introduced under Allegri.

You can credit Conte for sending us back on track in Serie A, but Allegri took the team, made it his own, made it work in the Championsleague and integrated all those new players. This is his Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like @DAiDEViL is holding a grudge against Conte.
    Just like i'm holding a grudge against Schwarzenegger cause i don't think he's the coolest actor.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    He doesn't need to, but Ancelotti is better anyways. Winning league titles with this Juve does not make you better then a guy that's the alpha boss of CL.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    He doesn't need to, but Ancelotti is better anyways. Winning league titles with this Juve does not make you better then a guy that's the alpha boss of CL.

Overall yes you are right and I agree.

It's not only about winning Serie a though, it's about how tactically Allegri can out-play his oppositions.

And in a European stage, Allegri has out-played Simeone, Ancelotti, Guardiola tactically.

Really unlucky though against Bayern last season and the only difference in the last few years is that Ancelotti had Ramos header in 94th min vs Atletico in the final. Allegri had in-form Messi, Suarez and Neymar in the final 2 seasons ago and that was his first Juve season.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
    The amount of credit he get's is just ridiculous.

In 20 years people are still gonna say it's all down to Conte. Get a grip.

Dani Alves---Bonucci---Chiello---Alex Sandro
    ---------------Khedira---Pjanic
    Cuadrado----------Dybala-------Mandzukic
    ---------------------Higuain

Almost all of those players have been introduced under Allegri.

You can credit Conte for sending us back on track in Serie A, but Allegri took the team, made it his own, made it work in the Championsleague and integrated all those new players. This is his Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like i'm holding a grudge against Schwarzenegger cause i don't think he's the coolest actor.

Its not ridiculous, its the credit he deserves. Yes, this is Allegri's Juve, but it was built on Conte's work.

For the lineup, 7 of our regulars are from Conte's time. Including 4 starters and our 2 best players outside the current starting 11 (Marchisio and Barzagli).

It's been 3 years since he left and we STILL relied on the 3-5-2 for majority of the season. That's all Conte. Allegri doesn't even like a back 3, he said so himself, but the work was laid there. Conte's systems shaped the team and the playing style. Remember how shit Bonucci was before Conte, how we signed Barzagli who became this wall, Licht and Asamoah, making the BBC, Marchisio finally fulfilling his potential.

This Juve today doesn't exist without the revival we experienced in 2010. It affected everything about the club. We went from being on track to become the Liverpool of Serie A, to dominating in an unprecedented manner. We don't get all these signings and prestige to attract top players without our recent past. No way in hell that we pay 90m and bring Higuain if we hadn't dominated these past few seasons, nor would we have been able to sell Pogba for so much.

These things heavily impacted the team we have today.

The Juve of the last 10 games is the furthest away from Conte's influence, but the season is long and in the end most of the games were played with a back 3 still.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Allegri is fantastic tactically. But let's not pretend he is the only one who has tactics and credit him when wins games vs the bigger clubs. So far his main scalp with us Real Madrid 2 years ago, but for whatever it wasn't enough when facing the other 2 major clubs in same time frame. While someone like Ancelotti near guarantees success in these stages of the playoff hurdles.

Yeah Ancelotti and the others have had individual quality advantages on Allegri. But that's what you have to deal with to grab it or get close often as possible. That's why Simeone is the absolute guy for this, didn't need inferior player quality as alibi but rigorously prepared his team to tactically nullify Bayern and Barca consistently now, same Barca that was too much for us. But too bad for him Sergio Ramos is his cryptonite in finals.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Its not ridiculous, its the credit he deserves. Yes, this is Allegri's Juve, but it was built on Conte's work.

For the lineup, 7 of our regulars are from Conte's time. Including 4 starters and our 2 best players outside the current starting 11 (Marchisio and Barzagli).

It's been 3 years since he left and we STILL relied on the 3-5-2 for majority of the season. That's all Conte. Allegri doesn't even like a back 3, he said so himself, but the work was laid there. Conte's systems shaped the team and the playing style. Remember how shit Bonucci was before Conte, how we signed Barzagli who became this wall, Licht and Asamoah, making the BBC, Marchisio finally fulfilling his potential.

This Juve today doesn't exist without the revival we experienced in 2010. It affected everything about the club. We went from being on track to become the Liverpool of Serie A, to dominating in an unprecedented manner. We don't get all these signings and prestige to attract top players without our recent past. No way in hell that we pay 90m and bring Higuain if we hadn't dominated these past few seasons, nor would we have been able to sell Pogba for so much.

These things heavily impacted the team we have today.
    Who are the 4 starters, because currently in our strongest lineup we play with Buffon - Bonucci - Chiellini as the only "Conte players" (if you can even call them that, since all were here before Conte arrived. Same for Barzahlung and Marchisio)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    We all have our own opinions, in the end Licht has played the most time out of anyone this season at right back. That, we can't argue with.
    Because Dani missed few months due to injury. What we also saw is Licht being scratched from the CL list because we had Dani and Jjuan, and only was included again because we introduced a new formation so we needed a RB

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
    Because Dani missed few months due to injury. What we also saw is Licht being scratched from the CL list because we had Dani and Jjuan, and only was included again because we introduced a new formation so we needed a RB
    Of course, this is true. Whatever the reason though, Licht has been our RB/RWB who has played the most. What could have been doesn't matter.

For me Marchisio is head and shoulders better than Khedira. It seems to be too that Claudio basically plays whenever he is fit. Had he been fit the whole season he would have likely been first choice. But as things stand, he has played played less than Khedira or Pjanic. Same situation with Alves and Licht.

In the end this is how the season turned out. The rest is speculation.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Of course, this is true. Whatever the reason though, Licht has been our RB/RWB who has played the most. What could have been doesn't matter.

For me Marchisio is head and shoulders better than Khedira. It seems to be too that Claudio basically plays whenever he is fit. Had he been fit the whole season he would have likely been first choice. But as things stand, he has played played less than Khedira or Pjanic. Same situation with Alves and Licht.

In the end this is how the season turned out. The rest is speculation.
    Claudio has been fit for a while, yet hes benched by Sami and Pjanic. Also, I never said Licht hasnt played the most minutes, I said hes the 2nd prefered choice behind Dani when both are fit. Boateng is missing half a season for Bayern, doesent mean he wont be a guaranteed starter as soon as hes back

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
    Claudio has been fit for a while, yet hes benched by Sami and Pjanic. Also, I never said Licht hasnt played the most minutes, I said hes the 2nd prefered choice behind Dani when both are fit. Boateng is missing half a season for Bayern, doesent mean he wont be a guaranteed starter as soon as hes back
    I didn't disagree with any player being first or second choice. I just mentioned who playing the most. The players that impact a season and a team. In the Bayern example, Badstuber was always first choice when he was fit, doesn't mean he had a particular impact on Bayern's play for the last few years because he is always injured.

On Marchisio, when he came back he played a few games in a row and then he struggled with fitness. About a month, maybe a month and a half, ago Allegri said that his objective must be to play 1 game a week. Because he can't do more. Same reason why he wasn't called up to the NT.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    I didn't disagree with any player being first or second choice. I just mentioned who playing the most. The players that impact a season and a team. In the Bayern example, Badstuber was always first choice when he was fit, doesn't mean he had a particular impact on Bayern's play for the last few years because he is always injured.

On Marchisio, when he came back he played a few games in a row and then he struggled with fitness. About a month, maybe a month and a half, ago Allegri said that his objective must be to play 1 game a week. Because he can't do more. Same reason why he wasn't called up to the NT.
    Badstuber wasnt 1st choice for a while, atleast since 2012 (maybe even before, cant remember). Also, what exactly is your point? Licht played a lot, because Dani was injured, and he isnt a prefered choice as a starter. So what is it that you want to prove here?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
    Badstuber wasnt 1st choice for a while, atleast since 2012 (maybe even before, cant remember). Also, what exactly is your point? Licht played a lot, because Dani was injured, and he isnt a prefered choice as a starter. So what is it that you want to prove here?
    I'm not trying to prove anything. You are the one who replied to my post and started this lol. I have no idea what you are trying to get at.

Badstuber was absolutely first choice when he wasn't injured btw. Then he kept getting perma-injured since the 2012/13 season and never got fit for long enough to play a full season.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Who are the 4 starters, because currently in our strongest lineup we play with Buffon - Bonucci - Chiellini as the only "Conte players" (if you can even call them that, since all were here before Conte arrived. Same for Barzahlung and Marchisio)
    This.

Zidane is still fielding Mourinho's Sergio Ramos.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Bonucci has been signed because he was rocking the league with Bari, similar to Rugani. The Difference is Rugani came into a grown team, with a proper coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)