The battle for Ujfalusi! (1 Viewer)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
The battle for Ujfalusi

If newspaper reports are to be believed, Dalibor Lacina (Tomas Ujfalusi's agent) is receiving daily enquiries from possible future employers for his client. Some people reckon that Ujfalusi leaving HSV is just a matter of time. The English Premier League club Newcastle United were interested in securing the services of HSV's star defender, but pulled out in the end.

Porto want him

Among the clubs apparently vying for the Czech Republic international's services is Porto...the winners of the Champions League last season. Ujflusi himself (if he decides to go) fancies a move to the Italian Serie A league. Juventus Turin, AC and Inter Milan have recently expressed their interest, the burning question is of course is whether or not they can put their money where their mouth is, Italian football is known not to be exactly swimming in money at the moment... HSV is believed to be asking a transfer fee in the region of 7 million Euros for their star defender. Either way, the Ujfalusi question is expected to be resolved within the next two weeks.

Bye bye Ujfalusi...hello Gravesen?

Funds from that transfer fee could pave the way for the return of one of HSV's "lost sons". The Danish international Thomas Gravesen who is under contract at the English Premier League club Everton, has been recently quoted as wanting away from the Liverpool club, and his agent has recently said that HSV would be one the first clubs he would listen to offers from should a move be on the cards. Gravesens' contract at Everton has another year to run, that fact shouldn't be considered to be a hurdle regarding possible transfer dealings.

Fine EURO 2004...

There is no doubting that Tomas Ujfalusi had a very good Euro 2004 championships. He was able to pit his wits against the likes of Holland's van Nistelrooy and Makaay and did very well. The player himself said a couple of days ago that he reckons that he will still be a HSV player next season.

Who would have thought a couple of years ago, that HSV would be in some ways "spoilt for choice" regarding the services of two such superb players..?

LOL!!! I think they are really pissed that they could endup losing him! ;)
€7m, yeah I think Juve, Inter and Milan will have real problems showing those figures to HSV for the service of Ujfalusi!!!

http://www.hsv.de/index.php?id=8472#22550

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++
I think that 7 mil is a very small price for a player like Ujfalusi
I think its a very large price. He's had a slightly above average tournament, nothing more. There's no signs he has anything we don't have already in oafs like Leggrotaglie. We need one or two class acts in our defence, a chivu a mexes, a ferrari a nesta we need someone wo we know will not let us down

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Ujfalusi was already one of the best defeners in the Bundesliga, so I think he'd be an upgrade from our current defenders.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Juve spend 7 million for a defender? We could have had Mexes for less than that. I would rather see the 7 million spent on a guy like Alex Samatar.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Romano ] ++
Yes 7 Mil is maybe to much but he has shown that he's a HARD and AGGRESIVE and Juve needs that
come off it, if thats all we need we might as well stick with montero!

OP
Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    I agree that €7m sounds a bit too much!
    my point was the fact that they think that the Top 3 teams in Serie A
    struggles that much that €7m would be a price they would have trouble paying!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Ujfalusi was already one of the best defeners in the Bundesliga, so I think he'd be an upgrade from our current defenders.
    I agree with you. Even though he's not a world-class defender as of yet or as promising as Mexes, he's a good player and signing him would be a pretty big step in the right direction imo. It seems like we're going to lose out on Mexes, Ferrari and Carvalho, so Ujfalusi would be a more than decent acquisition. Cannavaro and Chivu are apparently our number one defensive targets atm, and one of or both of them would be brilliant, but Ujfalusi would be good too.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

come off it, if thats all we need we might as well stick with montero!
    That's very true Mr Ass Man, but that's not all Ujfalusi will offer, and he's certainly an improvement when compared to Ferrara, Legrottaglie, Iuliano, and Montero.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    For 4-5m € Moggi could do it.

We still need to clear a non-EU spot to get him in though. That's the big problem. Even though the Czech-Republic was introduced in the EU in May the players from that nation are still considered non-EU players for one or two more years. :mad:

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    For now, players that come from the new EU countries will be considered non-EU players till 2006. :mad:

We need to get rid(SELL not loan) Salas, Olivera..... to bring in let's say Jankulovski and Ujfalusi. Unless Janku has an Italian passport or something.(I don't think so).

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    For now, players that come from the new EU countries will be considered non-EU players till 2006. :mad:

We need to get rid(SELL not loan) Salas, Olivera..... to bring in let's say Jankulovski and Ujfalusi. Unless Janku has an Italian passport or something.(I don't think so).
    Sell Salas and Zalayeta. Olivera is worth keeping imo.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Oh yeah, we sold Zalayeta to Bolton.. that means we have a non-EU spot open then, and yeah, Salas is playing with River Plate in Argentina, but he's only on loan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)