The battle for Ujfalusi! (1 Viewer)

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Oh yeah, we sold Zalayeta to Bolton.. that means we have a non-EU spot open then, and yeah, Salas is playing with River Plate in Argentina, but he's only on loan.
Well...Now Zalayeta is GONE...and Salas Must be sold too...He's getting Old and we can buy someone younger instead

Buy on AliExpress.com

wong ka yan

Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Ujfalusi was already one of the best defeners in the Bundesliga, so I think he'd be an upgrade from our current defenders.
disappointedly , he cannot improve Hamburg 's defence .........:skull:

Hamburg Goals Against : 60 (14)
Cologne Goals Against : 57 (12)
defeners in the Bundesliga are -------->:scared:
the average goal of Bundesliga is the highest among Spanish Primera Liga
Italian Serie A and French Ligue 1 !!!!!:lazy:

Average goals per match (this season): 2,97 ( Bundesliga )
Average goals per match (this season): 2,67 (Italian Serie A)

the strikers in Bundesliga are better than Serie A's ?:LOL:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i wouldnt complain if he joined. i think any good defenders we could get our hands on is worth it.

things to think about.

1. our tall defenders are crap. tudor is leaving and legrottaglie isnt good enough IMO. therefore, at least one tall defender has to come in. This player isnt that tall, he is 183 cms, but compared to others being rumoured, he is tall. Mexes would have been ideal cuz he is taller, but shit happens.

2. Cannavaro and Chivu are not both needed. I'd like to take Chivu from Roma simply because he has a good 8 or so seasons in him. they both are only small defenders so both cant really cant play as centre backs.

Chivu, Ujfalusi and another defender would be nice. Maybe Bonera if possible, to replace montero, iuliano and ferrara.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

I think its a very large price. He's had a slightly above average tournament, nothing more. There's no signs he has anything we don't have already in oafs like Leggrotaglie. We need one or two class acts in our defence, a chivu a mexes, a ferrari a nesta we need someone wo we know will not let us down
wouldn't that be around 4m pounds?

i don't think it's alot to pay for ujfalusi:undecide:

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
we need ujfalusi!
and even if he didn't make an impact in his club's defense, i think we all saw what he did in EURO!
I think if moggi wants ujfalusi then he HAS to use nedved as the key and he should also use neddy to bring jankulovski in the squad. i think he can get both of them here for 10 mil.
These czech players are very good not just with the ball but they know how to win the fight after conceding goals. They have the fighting spirit that juve's history adores! We simply need these guys and then la juve will lift the damn champions league cup!

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
His defensive style is suited to Serie A. He was very good in the Euros and Id take him instead of Canna. He wants to step up and play in Itlay and he will improve with us. Canna is still one class player but for him its just moving from one big club to the other. Hes almost won everything only the Scudettto remains.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Directly from Hamburg's site.

http://www.hsv.de/index.php?id=8472#22550

Will he stay or will he go?

The battle for Ujfalusi

If newspaper reports are to be believed, Dalibor Lacina (Tomas Ujfalusi's agent) is receiving daily enquiries from possible future employers for his client. Some people reckon that Ujfalusi leaving HSV is just a matter of time. The English Premier League club Newcastle United were interested in securing the services of HSV's star defender, but pulled out in the end.

Porto want him

Among the clubs apparently vying for the Czech Republic international's services is Porto...the winners of the Champions League last season. Ujfalusi himself (if he decides to go) fancies a move to the Italian Serie A league. Juventus Turin, AC and Inter Milan have recently expressed their interest, the burning question is of course is whether or not they can put their money where their mouth is, Italian football is known not to be exactly swimming in money at the moment... HSV is believed to be asking a transfer fee in the region of 7 million Euros for their star defender. Either way, the Ujfalusi question is expected to be resolved within the next two weeks.

Bye bye Ujfalusi...hello Gravesen?

Funds from that transfer fee could pave the way for the return of one of HSV's "lost sons". The Danish international Thomas Gravesen who is under contract at the English Premier League club Everton, has been recently quoted as wanting away from the Liverpool club, and his agent has recently said that HSV would be one the first clubs he would listen to offers from should a move be on the cards. Gravesens' contract at Everton has another year to run, that fact shouldn't be considered to be a hurdle regarding possible transfer dealings.
Fine EURO 2004...

There is no doubting that Tomas Ujfalusi had a very good Euro 2004 championships. He was able to pit his wits against the likes of Holland's van Nistelrooy and Makaay and did very well. The player himself said a couple of days ago that he reckons that he will still be a HSV player next season.

Who would have thought a couple of years ago, that HSV would be in some ways "spoilt for choice" regarding the services of two such superb players..?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
i wouldnt complain if he joined. i think any good defenders we could get our hands on is worth it.

things to think about.

1. our tall defenders are crap. tudor is leaving and legrottaglie isnt good enough IMO. therefore, at least one tall defender has to come in. This player isnt that tall, he is 183 cms, but compared to others being rumoured, he is tall. Mexes would have been ideal cuz he is taller, but shit happens.

2. Cannavaro and Chivu are not both needed. I'd like to take Chivu from Roma simply because he has a good 8 or so seasons in him. they both are only small defenders so both cant really cant play as centre backs.

Chivu, Ujfalusi and another defender would be nice. Maybe Bonera if possible, to replace montero, iuliano and ferrara.
:LOL: What makes you think that we could sign Chivu, if we can't even get Ferrari or Mexes from Roma??

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Roma need money, they can get it from selling Chivu and with Ferrari and Mexes they have reasonably cheap replacements.

So it isn't that funny at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)