The Azzurrini (U21) Thread (5 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
21 years old. He is the same class as Kean, Pinamonti, Frabotta, Nicolussi, etc.

He has been in the spotlight forever. Since he was like 16, before all the injuries. Good to see him put them behind him and arrive in Serie A.

Jun 16, 2020
I ‘follow’ him since the WC U20. Has some very interesting characteristics. He impressed me at the WC, haven’t seen any of his matches at Ascoli though. According to the rumors Benfica and Milan were interested in him last mercato. Definitely a player to keep a close eye to.

Some other players like Udogie, Pirola and Panada should make their Serie A debut aswel in the coming season(s). Common faces at the Azzurrini.

Jun 16, 2020
I ‘follow’ him since the WC U20. Has some very interesting characteristics. He impressed me at the WC, haven’t seen any of his matches at Ascoli though. According to the rumors Benfica and Milan were interested in him last mercato. Definitely a player to keep a close eye to.

Some other players like Udogie, Pirola and Panada should make their Serie A debut aswel in the coming season(s). Common faces at the Azzurrini.
Udogie made his debut yesterday. Interesting player to follow.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We could use a left back in Italian football. Specially one like him known for technique and dribbling, hope he does well.

Meanwhile Scamacca scored and assisted another one in the last 2 matches.

Jun 16, 2020
We could use a left back in Italian football. Specially one like him known for technique and dribbling, hope he does well.

Meanwhile Scamacca scored and assisted another one in the last 2 matches.
Scamacca scored twice today. He’s doing great so far this season.

Frabotta played the second half. 45 minutes is exactly what a like; it gives him some experience and he won’t return being to tired to play a decent game with the senior squad. Wouldn’t be surprised if Mancini gives him his debut this season.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
The covid-affected U21 group stage kicked off yesterday. Italy has a few interesting players. Less stars than the last two times or so, but a better coach and some good profiles. I'd say the team is expected to get out of the groups, anything else is a bonus.

Yesterday we outplayed Cezch by a lot, could have had 4 goals or so before Maggiore scored an own goal, Tonali got a straight red, and Marchizza got a second yellow. Finishing the match with 9 players 1-1. Even with 10 men we were the better and created chances. Really wasted points that now really complicates the tournament.

Scamacca was great, scored the goal and created the most danger. Should have had another goal.

The wingbacks looked quite good. Don't know the players too much. Zappa (21) is a starting RB/RWB for Cagliari with 4 assists this season, was impressive last night. Marco Sala (21) is a starter in Serie B for SPAL as LB, on loan from Sassuolo, with 4 assists as well. Bellanova (RB) came on and looked very dangerous, made a poor decision on a counter that could have led to the winning goal though.

Rovella came on and a great chance with a great pass to space for Sala. A Cezch defender made a risky tackle that looked like a penalty at first glance, but there is no VAR at this stage.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Seems like the classic early stage game from the Azzurrini, new team and players, should win but don't.

Squad depth by age, full NT players not included but eligible are Donnarumma, Bastoni, Zaniolo, Locatelli, Kean and Luca Pellegrini. Tonali has also been capped but is selected for U21;

1998 - P. Cutrone, G. Maggiore, C. Adjapong, R. Marchizza, S. Muratore, N. Zanellato
1999 - A. Pinamonti, G. Scamacca, M. Gabbia, D. Frattesi, G. Zappa, R. Sottil, T. Pobega, F. Melegoni, G. Frabotta, A. Buongiorno, M. Sala, L. Ranieri, M. Cerofolini, E. Brignola, A. Tripaldelli. E. Del Prato, S. Birindelli
2000 - S. Tonali, M. Lovato, R. Bellanova, E. Vignato, G. Raspadori, D. Bettella, Sa. Esposito, M. Carnesecchi, H. Nicolussi, V. Millico, M. Portanova, A. Plizzari
2001 - N. Rovella, S. Ricci, E. Salcedo, P. Pellegri, N. Fagioli, A. Riccardi, D. Maldini, C. Okoli, S. Turati, F. Brancolini
2002 - Si. Esposito, F. Tongya, L. Colombo, R. Calafiori, L. Pirola, A. Papetti, D. Udogie

Some interesting players there. Few potential stars, but could be some big players in their own right. I find the 2001-03 players more interesting than this group, as the better 1998-2000 players are already with the Nazionale. I expect Tonali and Lovato to be part of the main squad in the near future, and I've always liked Bellanova.

From a Juve POV we are hoping Rovella and Fagioli develop, and that means they would also become full NT players. Some very interesting names in that 01-02 group though; ex-wonderkids who are still young (Pellegri, Salcedo, Esposito, Riccardi), and the next bunch of them like Calafiori, Pirola and Udogie.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
19yo midfielder of Empoli. Became a starter there last season. Technical, good close control, has vision, and tackles as well. Exciting player. He pulled out of the U21 squad with an injury after getting the call, would have been among the youngest in the euros.

They are winning Serie B so we should see him in A next season, with Empoli or a different club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)