The Azzurri Are Truly Back!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

mela88

Dec 29, 2002
:cheesy: IT'S ABOUT TIME WE REALLY GAVE A GOOD GAME I HAVENT SEEN THE AZZURRI PLAY SUCH A GREAT GAME IN YEARS IT'S ABOUT TIME THAT TRAP REALISED THAT HE CAN PLAY VIERI, INZAGHI AND DELPIERO IN THE SAME MATCH. WE'RE AMONG THAT BEST PLAYERS AND WE'VE LOADS OF GREAT PLAYERS THAT CAN BRING HOME THE BACON.
I THINK THAT DELPIERO HAD THE GREATEST EVER 4 ITALY I HAVENT SEEN HIM PLAY LIKE THAT IN YEARS I MEAN THE AZZURRI PLAYED LIKE A TRUE TEAM AND THAT WAS LONG AWAITED I MEAN PIPPO GOT A GREAT HATTRICK. WALES NEVER EVER LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE EVER GONNA GIVE US A RUN 4 OUR MONEY, WHEN THEY THEYBEAT US B4 IT WAS A FLUKE WE HAD 5 PLAYERS MISSIN. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I WISH I WAS HOME IN ITALY THE ATMOSPHERE MUST HAVE BEEN PHENOMENAL ON THE STREETS. WELL FOR MY LAST WORD ALL I CAN SAY IS THE AZZURRI R BACK! . SORRY ITS A BIT LONG :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
5 missing players in not an excuse, especially when you'r talking about Italy.
and let's not forget that wales are not one of the biggest teams in europe, even though they started this campaign brilliantly. The azzuri are back but just half of the mission got done and don't be too happy.

and use cap lock ;)

OP

mela88

Dec 29, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    WELL I SHOULD BE HAPPY BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT TIME THE AZZURRI HAD SOME LUCK,AND 5 MAIN PLAYERS ARE AN EXCUSE AND IT'S NOT JUST THAT AFTER THE WORLD CUP WE WENT THRU A BAD PATCH. AND NOW WERE BACK SO I HAVE EVEY RITE TO BE HAPPY. WHO CARES IF WALES ARENT THE BEST TEAM, THEY CAME OUT WITH A HIGH AND MIGHTY ATTITUDE AND WE PUT THEM IN THE'R PLACE.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    One game is nothing. They showed class in the game..but because is Italy, ill be sure of this "change" after 10 games or so

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, don't get carried away YET.

BUT...I have to say the most important development here is that Italy is finally playing with aggression and purpose. That is, we are playing to our attacking strengths. You can see this at club level as well.

The players realize this and now so does the coach. Before, with the same group of players, Trap would have had a formation like this:

------------------Buffon------------------

Panucci---Canna---Nesta---Birindelli

Zambro---Zanetti---Tacch-----Doni?
    ------------------------Del Piero---------
    ----------------Vieri-----------------------

Now he is looking to play like this:

-----------------Buffon----------------

----------Canna---Nesta------------
    Oddo-------------------------Zambro
    ---------Zanetti---Perrotta----------

---Camoran-------------Del Piero---
    ------------Inzaghi---Vieri------------

Its actually a big change. Ever since we lost to Korea, the club teams have started to gradually play more attacking football and Serie A did better in Europe. And now the national team too.

Lippi is determined to play Miccoli---Nedved---DP behind Trez. This may have ramifications for Gli Azzuri if it works. (It didn't work in Juve's first game cause Miccoli had appendicidis).

Italy may end up looking like this once Euro04 starts:

-----------------Buffon----------------

----------Canna---Nesta------------
    Oddo-------------------------Zambro
    ---------Zanetti---Perrotta----------

---Miccoli-------Totti------DP---------

------------Vieri/Inzaghi--------------

That is the kind of team that WINS matches and not grinds them out. Who knows....Italy may even start to become the entertainers of Europe.

The above formation is absolutely perfect for Italy because we don't have a Davids, Makelele or Vieira type player. Zanetti & Perrotta are very defensive ball winners which you need because Oddo & Zambro do a lot of attacking and so do the 3 behind Vieri. You can see that even Lippi when adopting this kind of formation has Davids on the bench.

Italy has finally chosen the correct style of play that brings the most of its best players. Now its all up to implementation, courage and determination....the factors that distinguish winners from losers.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    Btw, i know a lot of you would think that a Davids type player is "Defensive midfielder"....well the reality is, that he spends 50% of the time defending and 50% of the time attacking. He did a lot of attacking for Juve when Lippi used the 4-3-1-2 formation. In a 4-2-3-1, you need 2 DMs that spend ~80 of the time winning balls and defending.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Im waiting for that change too.

It is a shame that Trap have never tried this before.
    There is a latin american show called "Simplemente Futbol", and is one of the most famous.
    In one of the episodes, the guy did a very good interview with Del Piero in the Juve traning fields (Del Piero have the voice of a 5 years old kid BTW :p). And in the end of the interview, the commentarist said something like :
    "An excellent player from Juventus and the Azurri team.........jajaja its very funny how Trapattoni is still thinking if Del Piero and totti can play together, what a waste of talent", and Del Piero was laughing with him.

--------

About Davids, yes he participate in the attack most of the time too, but sadly his contibution is not always the best. OK he do very good runs and all, but most of the time, it ends in nothing, in the other hand, his deffensive skills are awesome.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Well.... urmm... the guys played awsome against Wales and the result was definately stunning.... but after the traumatic times we've had previously....... i would like to see a few more games before making any conclusions....... alsosomehow i kinda still have Trap phobia..... :scared: .....

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    well.. Italy did play well with their new formation.. I was :dazed: by this trap change.. BUT, I doubt he will continue to play like this all the way long when he face S&M and in the euro04.. he doesn't have the courage to play this kind of attacking football against big teams in big tournament..

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Al Harbi ] ++
    well.. Italy did play well with their new formation.. I was :dazed: by this trap change.. BUT, I doubt he will continue to play like this all the way long when he face S&M and in the euro04.. he doesn't have the courage to play this kind of attacking football against big teams in big tournament..
    i agree.. before the world cup the situation looks very promising .. they looks very comfortable and dangerous with the 3412.... but trappatoni change it in the world cup just becouse one player is injured.... we know what happens from then... so while the team still in his hand always expect good and bad patches... its very dissampointing really italy being World champion 3 times and all have to change tactics everytime to accomodate the likes of mexico , equador. and south korea ...

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    I know....you think Juve changes its tactics when it plays Reggina or Empoli!?!!?

Maybe when you play a ManU or a Real Madrid you might but again, that change is subtle....i.e you stay back more...you attack more here and there but the basic system of play doesn't change and shouldn't unless the team's players know eachother well enough to be able to make changes at no notice. This cannot be the case for the Azzuri.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    And i think that Trap wants that seat of coach at any cost....is more or less like Cuper´s defensive fears.....

He fears so much to be hammered, that although he have a good offensive couple,,,he decides to not risk...and not lose his job. But anyways, this year he received an ultimatum....and im very verysure that next year´s coach will not be Cuper

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    ....if we play like this, with the same spirit....

-------------------BUFFON----------------
    CANNAVARO----NESTA---ZAMBROTTA
    -------ZANETTI/TOMMASI-----TACCHINARDI-----
    CAMORANESI--------TOTTI-------DEL "GOD"
    --------------INZAGHI------VIERI----------

....we can reach the title!!
    :cheesy:

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    LEC, that is a little too far. Not even the Brazilians play with a formation that attacking. A little unbalanced if you asked me.

But for the hell of it:

----------------Buffon-----------------

Oddo---Canna---Nesta---Zambro

----------------Tacch------------------

------Miccoli---Totti---Del Piero-----

----------Inzaghi---Vieri-------------

The 3 behind Vieri & Inzaghi would have to work their asses off just to maintain a defensive balance. Or....

----------------Buffon-----------------

Oddo---Canna---Nesta---Zambro

----------------Tacch------------------

------Miccoli---Totti---Di Vaio-------

-------------Vieri----Del Piero-------

Perhaps we would use the above if we got really desperate in a game. I'd love to see Trap try something like that out one day just to see how it works.:eek:

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    Or perhaps:

---------------Buffon----------------

----------Canna---Nesta-----------
    Oddo------------------------Zambro
    ------Gattusso--------Tacch--------

-----Totti-------------Del Piero-----

---------Inzaghi---Vieri-------------

I know that playing Totti on the right sounds weird but Oddo can take care of a lot of that wing just like Zambro does for DP. Gattusso & Tacch can play and help the defence. Even if we played a team with strong wingers...they would have to have balls to attack hard down our wings cause our counter-attack is enough to stop them.

i.e when Oddo attacks, Totti drifts toward the centre....when Zambro attacks, DP moves to centre. When either wing attack...Gattusso and Tacch go back and protect the defence against a counter.

You got to remember that even though DP plays on the left he is not in an out and out left wing position because of Zambro.

Something we should try in a friendly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)