The Australian Juventus Thread (5 Viewers)

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
Great City!!! I love coming to Melbourne and could easily move here but it has nothing on Sydney.

On another note had a beer with Wayne Carey at Siena on Chapel st tonight. I was hoping he could organise something for me but he didn't really like my suggestion. Lol
Awesome, one of the greatest AFL players ever. Douche off-field of course...

I am going to start 'Perth Juventus' :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #282
    I am going to start 'Perth Juventus' :D
    You should man. me and my mates enquired about starting an amateur club about 5 years ago. We basically had everything even players just struggled to get a commitment of a playing field for 3 seasons, which was a requirement at the time. We were really disappointed.

FYI Adelaide city still wear a top with a white "J" for Juventus on their away top :touched:

Aug 1, 2003
    man I was reading the article again and it's projected that Juve will play Sydney around May 27th. How long til then do you reckon Juve would confirm where they'll be playing?? Some of us need to book flight tickets :(

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
    man I was reading the article again and it's projected that Juve will play Sydney around May 27th. How long til then do you reckon Juve would confirm where they'll be playing?? Some of us need to book flight tickets :(
    They are not even sure that they will be playing in Sydney, maybe Melbourne again. But the word is that if they do play in Sydney, they will most likely be training at Marconi Stadium.

Aug 1, 2003
    Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's sydney or melbourne for me I'll still fly down, but I just would like it if they announce it as soon as they can ... considering that I might be starting work soon and flight ticket prices etc... I do hope it's Melbourne :) but IMO may 27th seems a bit too soon, I know we have Euros coming up and all but still, you'd think they would want a holiday straightaway no?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's sydney or melbourne for me I'll still fly down, but I just would like it if they announce it as soon as they can ... considering that I might be starting work soon and flight ticket prices etc... I do hope it's Melbourne :) but IMO may 27th seems a bit too soon, I know we have Euros coming up and all but still, you'd think they would want a holiday straightaway no?
    The players who are going to the euros aren't coming ;)

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #291
    From four-four-two Australia

Juventus's one-off exhibition match in Sydney that was billed as the farewell game of World Cup hero Alessandro Del Piero is off.

The Italian giant was expected to play a friendly match against Sydney FC or an A-League selection at ANZ Stadium on Sunday, 27 May.

But the match was called off by promoters in Australia on Wednesday because Serie A leader Juventus was unable to guarantee the appearance of Del Piero, whose contract with the Bianconeri expires at the end of the current European season, and that of other stars.

Juventus is believed to be unsure of Del Piero's intentions once his contract is up and he might end up playing Major League Soccer in America at the end of the Italian season which could land the club a league and cup double.

The match in Sydney was supposed to be Del Piero's last game in a stellar 20-year career with Juventus.

However, sources close to the negotiations to bring Juve to Sydney have not lost hope of having the hugely popular club which is to Serie A what Manchester United is to the Premier League play in Australia.

Plans are ahead to bring Juve down under later in the year during a FIFA window.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
    Jul 12, 2006
    Good, Ale's last game shouldn't be against Sydney FC, if this is indeed his last season with us lifting the Coppa Italia is a more respectable send off

Aug 1, 2003
    later in the year.... OK more time to plan for leave but NO DEL PIERO? :cry: :cry: :cry:

---------- Post added 25.04.2012 at 23:05 ----------

it will probably be in late july/early august or more likely december/january when we have our break then. come on aussie oy oy oy I want to see Juve!!!

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #295
    Hey guys the Media company for Seria A rights outside of italy is M&P Silva http://www.mpsilva.com. They are basically a 3rd party that on-sells rights to TV company's.

I've emailed them asking about 2012/13 Serie A rights in Aus but if enough people email them they may actually try and sell the rights. thee previous deal expires this season. theis email is [email protected]

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #297
    Their rights run out at the end of this season. Seeing as they had the rights this season and they didn't show any games I'm sure they won't look at purchasing them again next season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)