The Amsterdam Tournament (1 Viewer)

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #44
    Van der Vaart was awesome! The moves this guy made :drool:

Liverpool succesfully wrecked yet another match, despite Ajax's efforts to keep attacking play alive ... well done boring reds! :rolleyes:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Van der Vaart was awesome! The moves this guy made :drool:

Liverpool succesfully wrecked yet another match, despite Ajax's efforts to keep attacking play alive ... well done boring reds! :rolleyes:
    How did Grygera, Escude and Sonck do, and did Harry Kewell play for Liverpool or is he still injured? :angel:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Yeah, he did. I just saw the highlights and Van der Vaart did some amazing things :eek: Unfortunately for Ajax Dudek was very good on this occasion.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Ajax - Liverpool
    Van der Vaart :eek: :cool:
    Sonck has potential
    Escude can't analyse him as I got bored and only watched when VdV got the ball
    Kewel had a queit game
    Dudek Brilliant saves but showed some insecurities Barthezsque style

Verdict : Boring

Inter - Galatasary
    J. Zanetti :cool:
    Martins :eek: Very, very fast. Needs to improve on fininshing though.

Verdict: On the whole Gala looked tired and Inter easily outplayed them.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    well ... i liked very much the ajax match, i found it really alert and with many interesting occasions. unfortunately, no goals, but i hope they will come against inter :D

i was very touched by the choice or VDV as the new team captain
    it was some time since a striker was the team's captain, so this stuff reminds me of the cruyff generation :touched:

also touched by the use of jari litmanen, one of my favourite players ever, it was really nice to see him in good shape and actioning really fast, with many crosses to VDV

i liked sonck too, he seems to feel all right in the team and this is for sure a great news :)

erik, where from has been van der gun brought ?

and yes, stuart, kewell played and showed some nice stuff :)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

How did Grygera, Escude and Sonck do, and did Harry Kewell play for Liverpool or is he still injured? :angel:
    Grygera didn't play. Escude was fine. Sonck and Kewell played bad.

Inter - Galatasary
    J. Zanetti
    Martins Very, very fast. Needs to improve on fininshing though.
    and also Luciano played very good. he was brilliant

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Over the years Inter tend to do extremely well in summer friendlies and then fade away once the season and 'real stuff' begins :D

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #55
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Grygera didn't play yet. A lot of Ajax players were in the stands as for some reason, Koeman has decided not to use all of his players yet :undecide:

Sonck was good. He was very nervous at first but he got over that soon and he did some excellent work! A real engine of the team, he is.

Escudé was very solid but I'm worried about his pace. He's not the fastest defender I've ever seen :undecide:

Kewell did well though I expected a bit more from him. He had some great runs though!

Iulia - Van der Gun came from the Ajax youth academy and has been brought back from loan. He played for Neeskens' side NEC Nijmegen last season.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    A lot of the Ajax fans are pretty disappointed at the lineup for this years torunament, rightfully so after last year's which had the most glamorous teams around (and parma :D)

Anyway I suppose Ajax are making it easier for themselves to win it so good on them!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    A lot of the Ajax fans are pretty disappointed at the lineup for this years torunament, rightfully so after last year's which had the most glamorous teams around (and parma :D)

Anyway I suppose Ajax are making it easier for themselves to win it so good on them!
    this year Inter will win no doubt about it

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #59
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    i am worried about escude too, he did his best a few times, but still he was close to an own goal at a moment :frown:
    Nah, he was never gonna mess that up. Only his speed is a bit worrysome but Grygera is fast so Escudé could play a more free role when the former plays.

Either way, Escudé has found some ways himself to make up for his lack in speed. He's a very solid player!

Tom - that's actually not true. Ajax have a lot of problems with defending teams like Inter and Liverpool. Maybe they were selected so that Ajax could 'train' against defending teams as they gave them quite some trouble last season. Remember the Ajax-Inter matches in the CL?

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    at least he is doing all his best, erik, and this is a really good thing

what do you think about VDV as captain ?

and do you think litmanen did a good job ?

(please excuse my lausy performances on the dutch thread too
    :D )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)