The Amsterdam Tournament (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Looks like Finnan will be fit for Liverpool. Watch out for him please (I don't get any of those channels :down:) I really want to see whether Houllier will play him on the right wing, or in right-back, or as one guy put it "on the bench or out of position for three soul-crushing years in the prime of his career." My friend is not a big fan of Houllier.

Gala seem to be unprepaired for this, as their team isn't in great shape for this, and their pre-season is in its early stages.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
No football for over a month makes a man reconsider his priorities :D
Well good luck with Ajax and Galatasaray, to call Inter and Liverpool fotball would be a stretch to me.. :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Well good luck with Ajax and Galatasaray, to call Inter and Liverpool fotball would be a stretch to me.. :D
There's a team in the Eircom League (Ireland) who play like that. We refer to it as "hoofball."

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Well, Vieri is injured as usual and won't be competing and I believe that Cannavaro, Coco and Van der Meyde have some fitness problems as well :undecide:

I'll be cheering for Ajax and I'm keen to see how they'll do with Escude, Grygera and Sonck in the lineup instead of Chivu and VDM.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
as i can see everybody will cheer for ajax and i find this pretty conveniable :D oh yes :eek: :D

whatever, inter will not cause too many problems as you said stuart. but teh turkish teams are always able to cause surprises

i don't like galata, but it's better than inter anyway ;)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Inter young guns stun Galatasaray

-----------------------------------------------

Teenager Obafemi Martins continues to shine as Inter beat Galatasaray 3-0 in the Amsterdam Tournament.

The Nigerian was given the reins of the Inter attack after Christian Vieri and Alvaro Recoba were ruled out with fitness problems.

He rose to nod in a Javier Zanetti cross 38 minutes into the opening tie of the Amsterdam Tournament, then sealed a brace with a trademark pacey run on Daniele Adani’s through ball.

Galatasaray fought back and only the woodwork prevented a Cesar Prates free kick from equalising.

But it was another youngster, impressive winger Mario Rebecchi, who completed the rout just 60 seconds after stepping on to the field.

The substitute pounced on a deflected Karagounis free kick and drove home from close range for the 3-0 scoreline.

The tournament continues over the weekend and Hector Cuper’s men will face home side Ajax on Sunday evening.

Inter 3-0 Galatasaray

Scorers: Martins 38, 63, Rebecchi 67

Day by day Martins is Provin' to Be a good player with great potential :eek:

I want him here in Juve :greedy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)