The AFC Asian 2007 Cup (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
The papers here say that after the 1-1 draw with Quatar, Ivica Osim, Japan's coach, was so angry with his players after the match that he made his translator cry :D

Anyways, if some of you didnt know, Ivica Osim and Quatar's coach, who is also Bosnian, played for rival city clubs in Sarajevo when they were players, so I bet there is still a lot of rivalry between them ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
The papers here say that after the 1-1 draw with Quatar, Ivica Osim, Japan's coach, was so angry with his players after the match that he made his translator cry :D

Anyways, if some of you didnt know, Ivica Osim and Quatar's coach, who is also Bosnian, played for rival city clubs in Sarajevo when they were players, so I bet there is still a lot of rivalry between them ;)
That is so yesterday's news.:D

Papers say, after the match, Osim went beserk and called players bunch of amateurs. After Troussier and Zico, you can't fault Osim for a lack of character. Zico was soft as toilet tissue paper. Got to love Eastern Europeans. Results have been patchy to say the least since Osim took over, and I bet he is feeling the pressure. Zico is held in such a low esteem here, that anything less than what he did, will make you look pretty bad.

Man Austrailia looks like they are going out of competition.

indojuve

djangkrik tjilik
May 12, 2007
i believe indonesia will gain at least 1 point..
playing in front of 80000 supporters will definitely boost indonesian player spirit..
ingat,INI KANDANG KITA!!
HIDUPLAH INDONESIA RAYAAA..
(i almost cry when entire GBK sang it at indonesia vs bahrain game..)

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
i believe indonesia will gain at least 1 point..
playing in front of 80000 supporters will definitely boost indonesian player spirit..
ingat,INI KANDANG KITA!!
HIDUPLAH INDONESIA RAYAAA..

(i almost cry when entire GBK sang it at indonesia vs bahrain game..)
Ooohh i love that...fingers crossed man,i really hope we can win against the saudis,although a draw will be satisfactory..

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #126
    Wow Hawar Mohammed just lobbed a fantastic ball over the Aussie GK, the GK barely got his fingers to the ball!

Iraq is playing great!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Why? Iraq as I said earlier, is a good team. Currently and historically.

Forza Sons of Al-Rafidain!!
    No 11 for Iraq is a fantastic player. He took Lucas Neil and Bret Emerton to a Red District. Those were regular EPL players there. Full of class and composure in front of goal.

Another lefty, no 5 dictates tempo of the play extremely well. And ball CB has the command of his defence. Most importantly, the team plays with fluidity and compactness. They probably played a lot as a kid growing up, and you can tell the young Iraqi team is a real team. With good facility and proper training set up, some of these guys could have been one heck of players.

Anyway, quick dash to local football bar now. The main draw is here.

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #136
    They are a good team, but Aussie were cup favorites...
    Also, look what Vietnam and Thailand and other host are doing!
    Favorites to who? I didn't really think that they would win the cup, they still might have a chance, but still its not in the way the Aussies coach or the media would have you believe. Asian teams and players are good, but they do poorly in the WC because they lack experience and confidence in their capabilities. When they singled out Australia and their EPL players on their own turf they showed their quality.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    things are just exploding here, Graham Arnold said that some players do not want to be here and they are not giving their best.
    Kewel (who I just don't understand why hes talking as he was no better) said some players need to pull their fingers from their asses.

Things will be interesting here. But sadly things like that hinder the progress of football in here.

anyway credit to Iraq, i didn't see it in them at all. But how about that Nashat Akram,What a gun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)