The AFC Asian 2007 Cup (27 Viewers)

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #101
    ßömßäяdîëя;1405603 said:
    I am going to re-post a lot of what I put in here if you guys ever act gay like this and delete my posts, that is worthless.
    Stop being such a douche. There is serious discussion in this thread, and lots of members are talking about the championship, we really don't want to scroll through all that nonsense!

Buy on AliExpress.com

rainhard

May 5, 2004
    Yes , 2 Great goal from Pipat Tonkaya.
    great Assist from Winothai. is he still play in England?

Vietnam in front now over Qatar 1-0. What a mistake by Qatar GK.

I hope Indonesia can beat Saudi Arabia, but i think it's like Mission Impossible for our NT. But everything is possible, if we can beat Saudi Arabia. it will be 100% through to next round, whatever the scoreline against South Korean.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
    very stupid considering that co-hosts vietnam thailand malaysia and indonesia automatically take the spots in these finals depriving of better teams to be competing namely yours truly as we won the regional tournament beating these teams:tdown:
    Indonesia always participated in Asian Cup since 1996. I think we deserved our place in this Asian Cup. In past when Singapore NT doesnt have "naturalisation" player,it's hard for Singapore to beat other South east Asian country like Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand.

I am really cons against this naturalisation issue. Look at Qatar, the Uruguay striker is their best player i think. Bahrain with their Nigerian player (Jaycee if i'm not mistaken). if this issue is not resolved by FIFA, in years to come we can see Argentina vs "Argentina" or Brazil vs "Brazil". It's sick. :disagree:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    you love oman don't you :D

Uzbekistan is my favorite after Kazakistan ofcourse
    Its weird watching Uzbek's since most of their players are white.

I love having them in the region, because they add diversity to the continent of Asia and make watching AFC a bit unique. They have always been my second favorite team.

Kazak's used to belong to AFC as well, not so long ago. They even beat us comprehensively in their home ground in the Qualifying stage of France 98. Its such a pity that they decided to join European Football instead where they are no more than whopping boys (though don't tell Serbia, Russia or whoever that drew against them in the Euro Qualifier).

No. 8 for Uzbek looks like a handy player. If he received some meaningful support and training when he was kid, I believe he could have made a nice career in the European game. Technical quality, and vision is top quality.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
    Indonesia always participated in Asian Cup since 1996. I think we deserved our place in this Asian Cup. In past when Singapore NT doesnt have "naturalisation" player,it's hard for Singapore to beat other South east Asian country like Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand.

I am really cons against this naturalisation issue. Look at Qatar, the Uruguay striker is their best player i think. Bahrain with their Nigerian player (Jaycee if i'm not mistaken). if this issue is not resolved by FIFA, in years to come we can see Argentina vs "Argentina" or Brazil vs "Brazil". It's sick. :disagree:

That true we didn't beat these teams easily i remember having watched titanic battles with these teams especially in the SEA games matches but my grievance
    is for now and this Asian cup.

I just don't feel that there should be 4 co-hosts for this tournament thats all, most
    probably two co-hosts should suffice as since they have qualified automatically while we hadto slog it out in a tough group and didn;t make it, but by the look of things since most of the south east asian teams are doing well so far so this is a plus for our region as we have been lagging behind for so long as compared to our other counterparts in asia. This was not case in the 60 and 70s where our south east asian region had the most talented players in asia and were a major force in the asian region.

I am also not in favour of naturlisation of foreign players as the motive of these so called national players are more monetary than patriotism .However on pragmatic side this is a results based industry where if with the help these mecenaries the nationlal team does well that the general feeling is why not.
    This will create interest and hopefully produce future stars in the making.
    Singapore has only a very population compared to the rest of the neighbours therefore the talent pool is limited and the focus is more academic excellence than
    sporting excellence so we have lost rising stars to the corporate world instead, but
    things are changing so hopefully more locals will make up the national team.

Btw indonesia good luck for the upcoming games :)

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    its either do or die! should b a beauty... all talk is about the diving and injury time players waste rolling on floor but it has now become apart of the game which is a shame.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    its either do or die! should b a beauty... all talk is about the diving and injury time players waste rolling on floor but it has now become apart of the game which is a shame.
    Exactly and the constant bitching is getting exhaustive. GET OVER IT! I mean Professional players that get paid millions do it so why is it a surprise that these amateur and semi- pro players do it.

Nonetheless though its a shame and i dont like it but i got used to it.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    Exactly and the constant bitching is getting exhaustive. GET OVER IT! I mean Professional players that get paid millions do it so why is it a surprise that these amateur and semi- pro players do it.

Nonetheless though its a shame and i dont like it but i got used to it.
    yes ppl that dont know the game bitch and whine so on...The weather does even it out tho, I really learned alot about the asian game and respect it so far in this tourny they like to play with flair but allow them space to run and carry the ball and they will kill ya, the game will can come to you if ur smart. Its not a easy thing to do but compact the game can work make it tight that is what australia must do tonite make the ground smaller cut the space behind the midfield play body on body. Dont waste energy early be patient first 45 make sure u do not concede than chase it in the second. That would b my plan. Arnold troubles are that he cant read the game and his tactical know how is clearly missing.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
    Yes , 2 Great goal from Pipat Tonkaya.
    great Assist from Winothai. is he still play in England?

Vietnam in front now over Qatar 1-0. What a mistake by Qatar GK.

I hope Indonesia can beat Saudi Arabia, but i think it's like Mission Impossible for our NT. But everything is possible, if we can beat Saudi Arabia. it will be 100% through to next round, whatever the scoreline against South Korean.
    considering it will be played in Jakarta, i think we can at least make a point.
    cross my finger.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
    Btw indonesia good luck for the upcoming games :)
    Tq bro :toast: :pint:
    good luck for other SEA country, show to the world we are not left behind.
    I am proud with Thailand and Vietnam performance. They fight with full confidence.

We CAN , If we think We CAN !!!

Maju terus Tim Nasional Indonesia , Hiduplah Indonesia Raya !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)