The AFC Asian 2007 Cup (4 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
good to see the "Mighty Socceroos" Smacked right back to earth and totally outclassed by a very good Omani team. But Australia were just lucky.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
how the game turned out and how Oman played u would take a draw anyday of week. we will take time to adapt just need to make it through than play our best football! All credit to oman they where terrific.

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #66
    Oman is a good team, and in the past 10 years they were by no means minnows in Asia. I remember their exploits in the WC U-17 back in 1995, probably traces from that team still exist.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Oman is a good team, and in the past 10 years they were by no means minnows in Asia. I remember their exploits in the WC U-17 back in 1995, probably traces from that team still exist.
    well imo they are the most gifted team in the gulf for the past 5 years at least. If you ask any Omani he will tell you that they were robbed of the last two Gulf Cups.

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    Oman like many gulf teams suffer from lack of concentration in the last few minutes.. as was witnessed against Australia and against my own Bahrain in the Gulf Cup, so they can't exactly say they were robbed..

Australia aren't shite if you think about it.. Last time Australia were in Bahrain, we were leading 2-0 and then the infamous Bahraini concentration kicked in and we lost it all, bleh..

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
    Oman like many gulf teams suffer from lack of concentration in the last few minutes.. as was witnessed against Australia and against my own Bahrain in the Gulf Cup, so they can't exactly say they were robbed..

Australia aren't shite if you think about it.. Last time Australia were in Bahrain, we were leading 2-0 and then the infamous Bahraini concentration kicked in and we lost it all, bleh..[/QUOTE]

:p ah yes i remember that

are chances are slim in the group, unless we beat saudi

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    well imo they are the most gifted team in the gulf for the past 5 years at least. If you ask any Omani he will tell you that they were robbed of the last two Gulf Cups.
    I agree...Oman are a very talented team..they really deserved to win one of those 2 gulf cups..but IMO they should have stuck with Macalla(spelling?)..anyway they played a great game against australia today..they really didnt deserve to lose...But Fawzy Basheer is something,isnt he??:dazed:

Its a shame UAE lost today...:depressed IMO their problem is that they hype themselves up so much...they probably thought it was going to be an easy game today against Vietnam

Hope the other Arab teams do well..good luck to the saudis,Qatari's,Bahraini's and Iraqi's

razza

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia needs a new coach - one that has a some sort of idea about tactics. Arnold only reuses guss Hiddinks tactics and doesn't know when to make changes or the right changes. We should have taken Vince Grella off (not because he was playing bad but because in that game Australia did not need a DM or holding midfielder) and put on Nicky Carle. For all of you that don't know Nick he has just signed with Gençlerbirliği. He is an attacking midfielder with lots of skill and has a very good passing game. Then we need to get rid of Kisnorbo he played really poorly and replace him with Mark Milliagn. In the end the Aussies looked mentally tired from being the tornament favourites. I think this scare was good for them and you will see a different Aussie team next game. Also the FFA needs to spend the money and get a real coach. Arnold is bring us back to the pre-Guus hiddink days.

razza

Jun 5, 2007
    The Japanese play such nice football, it was a pleasure to watch. They should have scored another goal but they came away with an unlucky draw.

Suhail

An The Inter Fu**er
    Dec 3, 2006
    Iran play malaysia on wednesday :D cant wait !!!

Iran to bring the trophy home ... we' ve got all the stars

Ali karimi , mehrzad , mahdivikia , teymourian and kaebi etc :oops:

:pint: Group C is tough though ...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    Iran play malaysia on wednesday :D cant wait !!!

Iran to bring the trophy home ... we' ve got all the stars

Ali karimi , mehrzad , mahdivikia , teymourian and kaebi etc :oops:

:pint: Group C is tough though ...
    :agree: I think it's Iran chance to win it this time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)