The 5most underated Leagues (2 Viewers)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
Denmark.
Well many people will probably ask why or where??.
That is exactly the point this LEague is very underated but the clubs are strong and ambtious just like Turkish Clubs. Latetly They have signed back several Danish internationals. Plus signing establish names as World Club Cup winner Marcelo Delgado, makes this league in a class which is equal to the Belgium. Altough the Recognition is far less.
the best team from denmark lost aganst the best team from norway, yet the danish league is higher rated most places.

it's an even and quite exciting league, but the level of skill isn't very high

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I don't think La Liga is under-rated, everyone across Europe is giving them credit that they obviously deserve .. Spanish teams have done well in Europe in the past 3 or 4 years .. with Valencia and Deportivo joining Real and Barca for the glory ..

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Good post until the rather unnecessary Real madrid bashing, La liga is the highest rated league in the world because of Real Madrid and Barcelona and if Real Madrid buys all the biggest and best players in the world, surely it will only raise the profile of La liga even more.

You would be much better off extolling the virtues of Celta vigo, Malaga and mostly Valencia and Depor instead of bashing Real Madrid

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    Why I choose the Spanish LEague

because most Writters in Italy/England/Germany
    Still keep beliving that their leauge is on Euqal terms with the Spanish one

That is Wrong

The Spanish one is one class higher.......
    but it is no5

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

the best team from denmark lost aganst the best team from norway, yet the danish league is higher rated most places.

it's an even and quite exciting league, but the level of skill isn't very high
    I would of said noray but then I might risk getting banned
    :D

Just a joke........

Point is We are talking LEagues here not Teams
    And apart from Rosenborg the other teams don't hold a high Standard that is the truth.

Molde, Odd Grenland and Lillestrom are getting there but they are still behind.....

And Denmark keeps buying the best players in the Norweigan Leauge that
    a) Don't play for Rosenborg
    b) EPL scouts aren't tracking

Besides in England the Norweigan league is almost overrated when it comes to scouting there so.....

Denmark just felt more natural to mention.........

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    I am thinking about doing an Overated one but that one is much harder since it so easy to just pick the biggest leagues with underpreforming players....

But I guess EPL, Seria A and Scotland would be a start................

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I would of said noray but then I might risk getting banned
    :D

Just a joke........

Point is We are talking LEagues here not Teams
    And apart from Rosenborg the other teams don't hold a high Standard that is the truth.

Molde, Odd Grenland and Lillestrom are getting there but they are still behind.....

And Denmark keeps buying the best players in the Norweigan Leauge that
    a) Don't play for Rosenborg
    b) EPL scouts aren't tracking

Besides in England the Norweigan league is almost overrated when it comes to scouting there so.....

Denmark just felt more natural to mention.........
    I think that Rosenborg are losing their grip on the league little by little, not that I think they'll stop winning. But it's getting harder.

Although that still means other Norwegian clubs suck in Europe, Rosenborg has the routine to do considerably well and in that case it makes all the difference IMO.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Great post Evelyn! You're right about the domination in Holland. Apart from AZ in 88 or 89 (don't remember exactly) only those three have won the championship in recent memory... Vitesse and Heerenveen are having their worst crises in decades as well this season!

I have to know; what's your opinion of the plans to create a Benelux competition?

Aug 30, 2002

2. Holland
    People talk about the big 5 Spain, ITaly, Germany, England and France. In Europe Holland has produced better results then France almost every year. Lately. LAst year the only Countries to amount more UEFA cup points were Germany and Spain. Means Holland finished third overall. Reason why this league doesn't finish no1 is that its already Scouts Front yard. ANd it already has got its fair share of recognition and respect. But with unlimited talent and a chance to keep the heaviest names this season instead of sending them out to medicore premiership clubs with fat paychecks. IS going to result in a small but noticable face lift. Bad thing about the league is That the Top3 dominance is to big PSV, Fukkin Rotterdam and AJax. and the only team that are challenging are have challenged this establishment lately are Vitesse, Utrecht and Heerneveen. The most promising Brazilians and Africans blending perfectly with the Dutch Totalitarian way of football makes these league high class.
    I think there is only really a top 3 that journalists talk about - Serie A, EPL and La Liga. Maybe the other 2 are underrated? I would say however, that the Dutch league is easily on a par with the French league, if not higher. The French league is more balanced and unpredictable but their teams never achieve anything in Europe.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    I am thinking about doing an Overated one but that one is much harder since it so easy to just pick the biggest leagues with underpreforming players....

But I guess EPL, Seria A and Scotland would be a start................
    Sadly the Scottish league is ranked about 16th in Europe. I think even this low ranking is a bit flattering as we haven't had any succes in European comp. for so long (Aberdeen under Alex Ferguson probably). Considering how much money some of the players in the SPL receive I certainly think they should perform to a higher standard than they currently do, but I don't hold out any hopes of a major shock in Europe for the foreseable future.:down:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    the epl is so overrated,glad you pointed it out tom.
    so what if you can sprint?i could ask maurice greene and dwaine chambers to play football too,and they wouldn't be too great players.speed is rarely found on the older players,and it's stupid to think you can win with just speed imo.liverpool relies on owen,man united on giggs,arsenal on henry etc.
    players with REAL skill,eg.veron,fail in the epl.this proves the epl clubs'd incapability to play with playmakers.

Aug 30, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    so what if you can sprint?i could ask maurice greene and dwaine chambers to play football too,and they wouldn't be too great players.speed is rarely found on the older players,and it's stupid to think you can win with just speed imo.liverpool relies on owen,man united on giggs,arsenal on henry etc.
    players with REAL skill,eg.veron,fail in the epl.this proves the epl clubs'd incapability to play with playmakers.
    please man, :confused: give it a bit more credit. Veron aint got that much skill really.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    And yet, there are still great players like Bergkamp and Shearingham, and Shearer. How do you explain this.

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

And yet, there are still great players like Bergkamp and Shearingham, and Shearer. How do you explain this.
    I hope you are bein ironic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)