The 4-yr. old Preacher (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Someone discusses and challenges points about your religion and you call them a jerk.

Even I know Christ would say fantastic, what an opportunity to get my message across.

Call yourself a christian!
I didnt call you a jerk said you were being one. cmon man i have been discussing this with you for hours and you are saying nasty things and being unresponsive. even others have chimed in and told you to move along and yet I am trying to speak to you. yet you say things like this "
I was talking to the organ grinder, not the monkey." and then expect me to keep being ok with you? you want to have a solid discussion act like a man and we can continue?

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I'll believe in a god that wants a relationship that is truly special, one of equals.

I want my children to surpass me, not worship me.
You create your children they will never be your equals you are the CREATOR they are the created. I have that relationship with Jesus because I looked for it in prayer, and scripture and desire to know and love God not demand and yell at him

Sep 1, 2002
Nothing, nothing mattered, and I knew why. So did he. Throughout the whole absurd life I'd
lived, a dark wind had been rising toward me from somewhere deep in my future, across years that were still to come, and as it passed, this wind leveled whatever was offered to me at the time, in years no more real than the ones I was living. What did other people's deaths or a mother's love matter to me; what did his God or the lives people choose or the fate they think they elect matter to me when we're all elected by the same fate, me and billions of privileged people like him who also called themselves my brothers? Couldn't he see, couldn't he see that? Everybody was privileged. There were only privileged people. The others would all be condemned one day. And he would be condemned, too.

Good night, and may your god go with you.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Don't have children if you feel that way.
without a creator children dont exist that is why they are never your equals even if you treat them as such they are not. please dont tell me what to do with my life. I am a good son a great fiance and a great sibling/cousin. I am always there for my family in any way. you know nothing of me or mine. Goodnight good sir and may God have mercy on your soul

Jul 1, 2010
The Christian god is an innately contradictory proposition as he is allegedly both omnipotent and omniscient. I think that those two can't work together.

For example, if he is both omnipotent and omniscient, how could he change what he already know will happen in the future? He is therefore not omnipotent.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Shall we leave aside the trinity of christianity?

I demand an explanation from any god that exists and acts like a dictator, yes!
Yours, his, anyone's. And if that god/s have any sense of compassion they would answer. I have free will as does that god, so why allow such pain to this who have done you no harm?
I'm not Christian so you'll have to bring that up with someone else.

You can demand whatever you want from God. What I'm saying is that you can't demand an answer from us to something which doesn't exist in our beliefs. Man can and does cause pain to fellow man but no where does it say in our scripture that God will intervene every time that happens. Also, pain/suffering is a "catalyst" to death and death unlike to an atheist or an agnostic is not the end all be all of 'us'. As far as Islam is concerned, our belief is that we're just guests in this world. When we say "he's in a better place"...There's something to that expression.

OP
Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #315
    without a creator children dont exist that is why they are never your equals even if you treat them as such they are not. please dont tell me what to do with my life. I am a good son a great fiance and a great sibling/cousin. I am always there for my family in any way. you know nothing of me or mine. Goodnight good sir and may God have mercy on your soul
    Brace yourself for an age old question: who created God?

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #316
    I'm not Christian so you'll have to bring that up with someone else.

You can demand whatever you want from God. What I'm saying is that you can't demand an answer from us to something which doesn't exist in our beliefs. Man can and does cause pain to fellow man but no where does it say in our scripture that God will intervene every time that happens. Also, pain/suffering is a "catalyst" to death and death unlike to an atheist or an agnostic is not the end all be all of 'us'. As far as Islam is concerned, our belief is that we're just guests in this world. When we say "he's in a better place"...There's something to that expression.
    Do basically, praying and asking fire things from God is pointless, right? cos if there is no proof or guarantee that God will intervene to answer your prayers, then it's not logical to pray. Continuing to do so would be termed as insanity.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011
    Well... Fuck it... I'll just join the debate.

God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God is eternal, having never been created. Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite ~13.7 billion years ago. The only possible escape for the atheist is the invention of a kind of super universe, which can never be confirmed experimentally (hence it is metaphysical in nature, and not scientific).

I got that off a website. Did it answer your question Sheik?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Do basically, praying and asking fire things from God is pointless, right? cos if there is no proof or guarantee that God will intervene to answer your prayers, then it's not logical to pray. Continuing to do so would be termed as insanity.
    Ah...no, you're putting words in my mouth and using weird logic to deduce that.

What I'm saying is asking for God to come flying in as some sort of Superman wearing a cape or what have you and save the day, that will not happen because a)according to scripture this is not something God does b)He doesn't exist in a physical state c)IF he were to appear to us physically then there would be no point in "faith" and our free-will would cease to exist. We would enter into an entirely different state of existence if we KNEW (established fact i.e.) that God exists.

And common...let's be real here. That's essentially what you guys want...i.e. that he appears in a cape and saves the day. Helps that old lady cross the street so you can see it with your naked eye. That's the only way you're ever gonna accept him. Either that or if you can perform some sort of litmus test. It's not like you're curious and actively studying different scripture. You see one or two verses here and there and go to attack.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    It should be remembered that the concept of the continuous expansion of the universe is exclusive to the Quran. No other Divine scriptures even remotely hint at it. The discovery that the universe is constantly expanding is of prime significance to scientists, because it helps create a better understanding of how the universe was initially created. It clearly explains the stage by stage process of creation, in a manner which perfectly falls into step with the theory of the Big Bang. The Quran goes further and describes the entire cycle of the beginning, the end and the return again to a similar beginning. The first step of creation as related in the Quran accurately describes the event of the Big Bang in the following words:

Do not the unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were a closed-up mass (ratqan), then We clove them asunder (fataqna)? And We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?2

It is significant that this verse is specifically addressed to non-believers, implying perhaps, that the unveiling of the secret mentioned in this verse would be made by the non-believers, a sign for them of the truth of the Quran.

In this verse the words ratqan (closed-up mass), and fataqna (We clove them asunder), carry the basic message of the whole verse. Authentic Arabic lexicons3 give two meanings of ratqan, that have great relevance to the topic under discussion. One meaning is 'the coming together of something and the consequent infusion into a single entity' and the second meaning is 'total darkness'. Both these meanings are significantly applicable. Taken together, they offer an apt description of the singularity of a black hole.

-http://www.alislam.org/library/books/revelation/part_4_section_5.html

Just felt like throwing that in here :boh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)