Thats It, Nothing For This Season (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Am not making this thread because am thinking that we lost the Scudetto race>I have put this thread to try and avoid these mistakes and other big games, and trust me we have alot of them.

First of all Roma won that match because they wanted to win.They had the passion to beat juve although they were so messed up for weeks by milan, udinese, and Baggio's Brescia.

2nd thing is Mr.Lippi choice of players.Conte!!!!What the hell are u thinking by that selection.He was overwhelmed by the roma midfielders.Lippi should've put appiah or even maresca.

3rd thing was also Mr.Lippi's mistake.His controling of the match was a disaster.When he saw Montero's bad attacks against the roma players he should've gotten him out and put pessoto in so that thuram could be a center back and zambrotta at the right hand.Also he should've gotten in maresca for more attacking options.The problem is that lippi doesn't trust maresca and doesn't give him a chance at all in the big games.

4th we lacked a leader in the field.(NO ALEXX, WE MISSED YOU).

Only great teams lose then get themselves up and win again.
always remember that.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ahmed_sabry ] ++
let's now think in inter game , we MUST play with 1st team not with subs. , then after it try to think in hte league
Right...We must concentrate on Inter's game to win and reach the final..then we can talk about the league

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I like Maresca too, but i think he wasn't chosen last night because he didn't play well vs. Inter.

Lippi did state after the game that he was warming up subs to take Montero out, but Montero made the foul before the sub can happen.

no doubt Roma wanted it more, but you can't deny that our Defense just sucks. look at their goals. and you'll no coordination and no speed.

Lippi wanted Conte because experience counts for a lot in big games. It's easy to say it was a bad choice after the game, but i think i would have thought of the same thing.

Face it, Roma were just better than us. just be looking at the starting eleven you'll notice the difference in class.

as for saying the we missed a leader. i dont think that's the case. What could DP have done? this season in the Delli Alpi we played better when DV came on instead of DP. last season, we had our best run of results when DP was injured! i dont want to start a DP argument, but i really think it wouldn't have mattered.

the Chivu-Samuel defense is the best defensive combination in the World right now. even better than Milan's.

OP
bahraini

bahraini

May 20, 2003
  • Thread Starter #48
    i agree with majed for modt of what he said...
    only about DP, which i think even he doesn't play well
    its Psychological to feel that he is with, that your captin is with u..
    maybe he is not as he used to be, but still he has his touch
    he could make a differnse at any minute..

the one which i really dont like this season is Trez...
    it has been long time since he was injuried, but still play bad..
    it became hard to hear his name in the matches...

and i think its not only about the quility of the players, cuz if we say so
    how come we could beat madrid 3-1 last year?? or to be the only team who beat Barca , ON THEIR HOME , and beat them out.. Juve always focus on the team , not players, our strength is on the team work... we never had so many big names, but we always win....

our weakness is out defense, i dont know why they r so lost this season.. its only Zamo and Thuram , which i think its better to move him to the center.

lippi didnt made mistakes in his choices, he has an idea
    which didnt come right with what he wanted to be..

and yes on this match we lack the desire to win....

just lets hope to recover from all this soon
    cuz the CL will not give us chance to make one mistake...
    and im sure lippi is the most one who knows that..

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
    I think we are weak in every departments this season. I don't have to say more about our defence. but our midfields are not better. All of our players seem to lose ball control and passing ability comparing to last season when they were so accurate. Even our up front looks much less dangerous. They can't combine well nor produce stunning play upfront like what Totti and Cassano do. I always wonder if this is an effect from our rotation system.

But the worst thing is that our players are all droping in form at the same time, particularly Nedved, who is our key player.

About DP, we can't deny that his absence is one reason that we lost to Roma. In saying this, I didn't expect that he would score or performed so well. But, i'm sure he would keep at lease 2 Roma's defences busy marking him and this would let Nedved n others more rooms to produce.

To be honest, I don't think we can recover in time for the scudetto or CL. Just hope for the best next season.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    I can't understand why this team seams to have changed attidue to me. They look as if they don't care much and they don't seam as if they want to go out there and win!

I can't help but feel that it lies deeper than the weak defence... deeper than Lippi's "mistakes" ... and deeper than our missing forwards.

It seams that the entire team is affected by something and i don't know what it is.

:down:

and Montero! argh! not just in this match, but in the previous ones you can see that he's just asking for trouble. Yes he's more or less the only defender that moves at times but he's just been fouling people alot and he could have caused a penatly and gotten carded in a couple of previous games! And this day it all had to happen in the worse kind of way!

I want my Ferrara and my Thuram back.

Aug 26, 2003
    hey.
    i don't only want to talk about the games, more like the whole season til now!

As all know our defense is very bad, but i want to know why? I don't understand, last year we had probably one of the 3 strongest defenses in the world, and It can't be true that players like Montero can't play football anymore, there must be something pysilogical! and that goes to the whole defense there is no real leader in there, when somebody makes a mistake then an other helped out! Now we make mistake after mistake, and i think that Buffon is really not the same as last year but, that is also because defense is poor you lose your confidence when you have players in front of you who most of the time make shit!

also for Legro, i think that he is a good defender, but he came in a defence who is crap and now he became also crap!

Than i think mistakes were that Moggi didn't buy in Summer or even in January, but that is now also over!

And that we lost Davids, you can say what you want but he was so important in our Middelfield!

Than some critic goes to Lippi from me, he is a great coach, we have won so much with him, but I really don't know if he is the right anymore????

I think we have young Players like Maresca and Miccoli, who have the Chance to become great Players, and what is Lippi doing he set them on the bench for most of the time, and plays old veterans like Conte, Iuliano,....

Look at other Clubs when they have young players they trust in them, Milan (Kaka) he gets the chance and he takes them, also Inter (Martins).. they are all young players and they get the chance!!

And when Juve buys a young player like Olivera, (for me he has the talent to become a great Player) we play im for 1-2 years in the Primavery, and only loaned him out after 2 years, that is really crap and he want to stay in spain!

Ok that it!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    More than signing a new defender, I think the presence of Davids would have made the result better, even if only slightly

Aug 1, 2003
    NOTHING for this season?! Maybe, but too soon to tell don't you think.

* Coppa Italia - the 2nd leg against Inter has not been played yet, who knows what the outcome will be?

* Serie A - 8 points behind Milan, which means basically 2 games or so and around 14 matches more. Milan can't win all 14, nor can Roma.

* Champions League - hell, the second part haven't even started.

The loss against Roma might seem that Juventus is really breaking apart, maybe we are, but as long as the season has not ended, you could not tell. Who knows maybe this match has been a true awakening for our players and they would revive for the last part of this season.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    The loss against Roma might seem that Juventus is really breaking apart, maybe we are, but as long as the season has not ended, you could not tell. Who knows maybe this match has been a true awakening for our players and they would revive for the last part of this season.
    Sally, recent times stand testament to the fact that, bad domestic form doesnt necessarily translate to bad form in the Champions league. Yes, a loss to Roma is not a good thing when the Cl is around the corner. But no, i dont think it will affect our showing against Depor. The outcome will not be determined due to indifferent seriea form.

Sep 28, 2002
    of course 8 points is not the end. but what makes me think that we will fail is our uninspiring game. of course milan will lose points, so why do you think that juve won't? we're even likelier to lose points. and what? is it impossible for juve to lose their title? it happened before and it'll happen again. it's part of the game. as long as we dont become inter i can live with that.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    first thing majed u are wrong.Maresca had a very good match against inter.Who do u think played the pass to miccoli that resulted in the send out of Toldo? it was maresca.
    Then about alex.Ever team needs a leader, someone u can trust, everyone knows in juve it is alex.Even if he is not in top form, but you can always trust him.And by the way he played pretty well in the last two games, and i thought that this game will bring us the old alex.
    I think if we want to have a chance in any thing lippi needs to do drastic changes in the team.Especailly in the defense.We can put thuram in the center midfield with legro, or we can put ferrara and legro in.But before all that we need to have a strong midfield.
    Lippi also should learn to have faith in his young players,because this will make them better players not only for these years but also for the upcoming years.Maresca and appiah should be given the chance more often.Its a shame to have a talent like maresca on the bench.Its really a shame.He could change the game in one shot or one pass.We need more creativity in the midfield, and with the hard pressure by the opponets on nedved we need maresca.
    The other thing is CAMORANESI!!!!what the hell has gotten into him.He is playing like shitt from the begining of the season.I think that miccoli should be placed instead of him.This is also another shame, to have miccoli benched.You can't get alex or trez out adn everyone knows why.So miccoli should be in camoranesi's place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)