That Totti such a nasty person! (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Of course its a publicity stunt. Loads and loads of people give money to charities all the time, and nobody hears of it. Those people who deliberately make it known that they have donated are clearly wishing to improve other people's opinions of themselves, ie become more popular.
Nobody hears of Totti's donations either. The only time we did happens to be at Euro 2004 when he appeared before the jury that gave him the ban for the spitting. The defence tried to use his considerable charity work as an argument in his favour.

Dec 27, 2003
Not sure what your point is. That was hardly an attempt by Totti the football superstar to gain popularity I'd say, but rather an attempt by Totti the professional player to defend his case before a jury. Wouldn't you put forwad the good sides of your personality if you were in the same position?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Not really. If I'd spat on someone like that, which was clearly caught on the cameras i'd just admit guilt and take the punishment. Everyone knows Totti is a tosser, including the jury. No amount of donations will change that, especially on the money he's earning.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
He is one of the most involved players in the serie A, and tries to do this in the most discreet way, as his entering hospitals incognito to visit seriously ill children testifies.
No offence to you personally Libero, but as far as I know you're not a close friend or a family member of Totit's (unless you changed a letter of your last name to keep a low profile :)), so if you know about his "most discreet" visits to children in hospital, it's not discreet enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Not really. If I'd spat on someone like that, which was clearly caught on the cameras i'd just admit guilt and take the punishment. Everyone knows Totti is a tosser, including the jury. No amount of donations will change that, especially on the money he's earning.
Correct me if Im wrong, but I seem to remember Totti telling the jury how guilty and ashamed he felt about his gesture. It was the defence who brought up this otherwise legitimate argument, because I doubt he could have by himself. Totti is not a tosser, he is a simple and instinctive guy who happens to be in the limelight a lot.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Fisrtly its not a legitimate argument, secondly the defence wouldn't have brought it up without consulting with the client first. They just portrayed it cleverly to make it out that way, as if totti was all sorry and ashamed and it was only they who were throwing his charity work in for good measure.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

No offence to you personally Libero, but as far as I know you're not a close friend or a family member of Totit's (unless you changed a letter of your last name to keep a low profile :)), so if you know about his "most discreet" visits to children in hospital, it's not discreet enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Well I did spend two weeks in the same vacation club as him in Sardinia, lol, but I admit that won't qualify me as Totti's "homie". His visits are discreet : the man enters the hospital in disguise and of course sometimes the story will make the news.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
His visits are discreet : the man enters the hospital in disguise and of course sometimes the story will make the news.
Fair enough; I shouldn't have made judgments based on that, since I don't know the whole story and I know how the media can be.

This has nothing to do with the topic, but the whole disguise thing reminds me of how Totti was saying that he always dreamed of being a gas station attendant when he was younger, so they gave him a disguise and let him work at a gas station for a day. When one of the customers asked him "Are you Francesco Totti?", he replied "If I was Francesco Totti, would I be working at a gas station?" :LOL:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Dunno, nothing was said about that in the article I found this picture. But it did mention he was bleeding quite bad from this.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't mean to take anything away from Ramelow's injuries at all, but to me it looks like they spread some of that stuff around on purpose to make it look worse than it was. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it hurt like hell and he took some serious damage, but the staining's a bit overboard IMO.

Of course if the 'substance' is blood, I take it all back and Totti should be shot

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That just sounds silly, Graham.. :p

The point is Totti landed on this guy with all his weight with the metal studs and the impact was strong enough to make the guy bleed (not figuratively speaking). That should be enough to ban the asshole for a couple of months at least.

We have talked a lot about fair play in the past and obviously injuries happen. Did you see Cissé last week? But in most cases it's just in the heat of the game that bad or clumsy tackles happen, that doesn't mean they are malicious. But the rules should be clear enough to protect players from injuries in as much as they can and certainly crack down on cases where it's intentional. A yellow card for this, what message does that send out to the rest of Europe I ask?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i do think that it's some antiseptic or other,but i doubt they applied it to make it look worse than it does.

i'm sure the yellow stains are not blood as you can see the red streaks where totti got him,if it was dried blood those marks'd have faded too.

however the extent of ramelow's injuries means little to me,we all saw what totti did to him and no matter how successful he was in maiming carsten he should be shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)