Thanks (5 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by €lke ] ++

there are so many stores like that in Brussels :D

Btw, i was there today ;)

Have you seen Manneken Pis?
I actually went ahead and looked through all the pictures I've taken in Brussels.

Is this the Manneken Pis? :D

Dec 27, 2003
Hey nice pics, Elnur. See that ugly building on the left in the second one? That's the EU's agriculture department where I made an internship. And the Arc on the skyline? My apartment has a direct view on it:). The area was still probably being renovated back in 97 tho (at least the Comission headquarters must have been), and Im not sure whether they had already built the new Council of Ministers' building.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Yep, that's the one ;)
Speaking of Manneken Pis : last year I went to the US and took the plane from Boston to Washington DC to visit a friend of mine there. I had brought a Manneken Pis cork-screw with me as a gift (you can easily guess on what part of the body the cork part was located). Maybe because I appeared to be the only non-American on that flight, the airport security decided to search my bag and found the cork-screw. "Sorry sir, we can't let you embark with this item as it can be used a weapon". So what did they do? They literally emasculated it! The view of my dickless Manneken Pis caused me so much pain I bought a half-liter bottle of champagne and drank it off before the plane had even left the ground.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

Speaking of Manneken Pis : last year I went to the US and took the plane from Boston to Washington DC to visit a friend of mine there. I had brought a Manneken Pis cork-screw with me as a gift (you can easily guess on what part of the body the cork part was located). Maybe because I appeared to be the only non-American on that flight, the airport security decided to search my bag and found the cork-screw. "Sorry sir, we can't let you embark with this item as it can be used a weapon". So what did they do? They literally emasculated it! The view of my dickless Manneken Pis caused me so much pain I bought a half-liter bottle of champagne and drank it off before the plane had even left the ground.
Oh man! I can't believe they did it!

So you still live in Brussels, Kaiser?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
That's very much an option at the moment Jeeks :)

I'll give the thread a chance to redeem itself though, since I feel mean shutting down someone's dedication thread
Yeah but since when do we have a year at the forums dedication thread? What if everyone starts opening them in addition to 100, 1000, 5000, 10000 etc dedications?!

Plus she's actually been here more than a year anyway :D

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Oh man! I can't believe they did it!

So you still live in Brussels, Kaiser?

They did. I suppose that was a way for them yank bastards of thanking me for spending my tourist euros in their country!

I do still live in Brussels and Im looking at that arc on the pic from my window as we speak:cheesy:

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
How far is from Boston to Washington dc in plane?
and to NYC?
Boston-DC must have been roughly 2 hours by plane.

Boston-NYC by plane is a bit silly as it's quite close and you waste a lot of time reaching the city from the airport. It took me about 4 hours both by bus and by train and 6 hours by car (3 hours to reach NYC + 3 hours to find a place where to park the car)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

Boston-NYC by plane is a bit silly as it's quite close and you waste a lot of time reaching the city from the airport. It took me about 4 hours both by bus and by train and 6 hours by car (3 hours to reach NYC + 3 hours to find a place where to park the car)

Thats true, but going by bus is horrible. I guess the best option is going by train

OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #99
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Yeah but since when do we have a year at the forums dedication thread? What if everyone starts opening them in addition to 100, 1000, 5000, 10000 etc dedications?!

Plus she's actually been here more than a year anyway :D
    u've already mentioned that several times dude! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)